The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I'm only on 25 mg....but I had SERIOUS painful (what I think was) ovulation! Intense!

25 that's a pretty low dose. I thought 50 was the starting point. I guess you could call it pretty painful. I get pretty painful AF cramps so it was pretty similar but more like i could feel a strong ache around my ovaries, and it hurt to BD.

The things we do for our children :)

I know, I was totally freaked out when I couldn't find anyone on only 25 mg, and I was really skeptical that it would work....but it did!! :happydance:

I've read a few things that suggest that taking clomid earlier in your cycle has shown better results. But Jme is right, taking it earlier produces more eggs and taking it later producers a more mature egg.

so which one would you ladies go for?? Now I'm confused and today is officially cycle day 1.. so i need to plan this out!!

I've read a few things that suggest that taking clomid earlier in your cycle has shown better results. But Jme is right, taking it earlier produces more eggs and taking it later producers a more mature egg.

so which one would you ladies go for?? Now I'm confused and today is officially cycle day 1.. so i need to plan this out!!

Did your doc recommend a schedule? I've heard of some ladies splitting the diff with days 4-8. I've also heard of people being instructed to take it starting day 2.
My fertility clinic always begins at days 3-7 as its given the overall best results so long as cycle length is close to the 28 day 'normal cycle'. But I'm not a doctor, therefore I cannot tell you what is best.
:dust: and hope you get it figured out

If your doc gave you a schedule I would go with his schedule.

my gyno prescribed it and told me it was whatever days written on the label, so I asked my doctor who said whatever was on the label. They don't really care, I'm not even being monitored, they just told me to go back in 3 months if I'm not pregnant yet.. which is why I want to get referred to an RE. Anyway, the label says days 5-9 but I really hated how my cycle dragged on for so long and my lp was longer too. I'll think about it and talk it through with my DH. thanks to everyone!!

my gyno prescribed it and told me it was whatever days written on the label, so I asked my doctor who said whatever was on the label. They don't really care, I'm not even being monitored, they just told me to go back in 3 months if I'm not pregnant yet.. which is why I want to get referred to an RE. Anyway, the label says days 5-9 but I really hated how my cycle dragged on for so long and my lp was longer too. I'll think about it and talk it through with my DH. thanks to everyone!!

I always hate to hear about doc's perscribing meds without really caring. :(
I hope they went over all the complications and side effects with you. You just need to be aware of overstimulation signs, vision issues/adverse reactions, etc. it's good you are doing your homework! I don't know if they will want to change your regimen from days 5-9 to earlier as I see you ovulated on that, plus it increases the chance of multiples. Look at it this way. Long leutal phase leaves a great amount of time for your fetalized eggie to implant!

I think your lp and cycle length is great. I'm actually pretty jealous of it! I'll take some of your lp! lol

Thank you girls :) I'll just look at it with a positive attitude and try again! I can't wait to get an RE that actually cares!

I have to share my progesterone came back at 25(needs to be greater than 14) I am finally o ing :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I have to share my progesterone came back at 25(needs to be greater than 14) I am finally o ing :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats on O'ing! 150 mg's, I have no clue how you handle it, hows the side effects on that dose? On 50 I'm hating them!

Actually 150mg was not bad not too many side effects I did have a few head aches and very noticeable o pains but nothing like the last month on 100 mg I had horrible cramps from day 9 until like 28, I was worried I had developed a cyst and had doctor check for one. I think my body has kinda gotten used to it. The first month at 50 mg I was so dizzy and had bad headaches. I have a prescription for 200mg for the next two months. Fxd I get BFP and don't have to fill it.

Actually 150mg was not bad not too many side effects I did have a few head aches and very noticeable o pains but nothing like the last month on 100 mg I had horrible cramps from day 9 until like 28, I was worried I had developed a cyst and had doctor check for one. I think my body has kinda gotten used to it. The first month at 50 mg I was so dizzy and had bad headaches. I have a prescription for 200mg for the next two months. Fxd I get BFP and don't have to fill it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

ok ladies so im starting mine today, but what is the best time to take it, morning or night, with a meal or not... & what side effects can i look forward too????

GL jme84! It's great to hear your okay on that dose.

Sparklegirl I take mine like 11 am. I tried night last month as ppl say you can sleep through any side effects and I had horrible insomnia and was overheating under the covers. I gave upon that and decided I'll deal with the symptoms during the day when I'm rested, and I take it with food as I get sick easily from
pills if not. It's really up to you and how it makes you feel. I can say I took in mornings when I got my bfp, not that that would really matter but who knows?

I have always taken mine in the morning. I think if i don't take it with food is when it gives me head aches. I take in am only because I am in the habit of taking vitamins in morning I am worried I might forget at night.

I have always taken mine in the morning. I think if i don't take it with food is when it gives me head aches. I take in am only because I am in the habit of taking vitamins in morning I am worried I might forget at night.

just saw that u ov :happydance: thats really awesome !!!

ladies can you all plse assist me with this poll :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/845554-cycle-length-clomid.html

all advice & input appreciated :thumbup:

I took mine at 1am (i'm a night owl lol) but did in case i had side effects but i was lucky i didn't get any. But i have a question too. Did u all have O pains while on clomid? the only sign that O is approaching or has happened is sensitive nips.

I had o pains for about 48 hrs this cycle the day before o and day of o. I also get really sore nipples but I don't think I noticed them until day after o. I also watch my cm, cp and temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->