The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Bumblebee, I got two separate +opks on cd 20-22 and one on cd 32. The one on cd32 was followed by a temp increase, so that is when i o'd. Not sure what was going on with the other string of positives.

Well I'm out, woke up to a temp drop and AF. :cry:

Trying to be positive, Clomid did work, and gave me my shorter cycle since October 2010.

Anyone have thoughts/info on Clomid days 3-7 vs. 5-9? Is it true 3-7 gives you more eggs and 5-9 gives you stronger eggs? Thinking about switching it up this cycle.

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to gather some opinions about my cycle, I'm currently taking clomid and this was my 2nd cycle, I started AF on the 16th of December and took 100mg of clomid days 3-7 (so on the 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st & 22nd), I thought I O'd on the 29th because of what I thought was O pain on the 27th and 28th.

I did go to the DR but with all the holidays and my commitments I thought we must of missed it. (this is pretty much self monitoring because I live in the country and can only see my doc and not the gyno all the time)

So I was just working out some dates and they say you generally O ten days after last pill so this means I would of O'd around the the 1st? But if I was to count the "half way through your cycle" (mines a 33day cycle) it would of been around the 5th? Omg I have confussed the eff outta myself =(.

I honestly thought I had symptoms but I think it was S/E from the clomid and they started pretty much from Sunday the 1st... From my previous calculations Im expecting to have AF arrive on Monday at the latest, but I just don't know, I tested for HCG this week LOL like 3 times, all BFN of course.

I shouldn't really worry about testing again should I, well unless AF doesn't arrive in say about 7-9days or so?

What are your opinions? Any would be appreciated! I just feel so stupid for having this so mixed up =\.

Thanks everyone! GL TOO ALL AND BABY DUST =)

Lol I posted this q already then found this =\ so sorry if anyone double answers!

My first cycle I took provera to induce menses, only had bad cramping and mood swings from that, but this cycle AF came on her own (yay 1st time in 6months) but this cycle I've had heaps of S/E, like cramping, sore bbs, really tierd, dreaming heaps (which I heard clomid can cause) hope these don't continue next cycle!

Next cycle is going to be 150mg and also my last one according to gyno, not sure where we are going from there!

Sorry about the long post people

AF showed her ugly head and my temp took another drop.......so sad really felt positive that this was our month:( hope everyone has a nice day.

Sorry the :witch: came Lisa and Navy2mom. :hugs:

Justneedshelp - I was always informed that you should O typically 5-9 days after you finish your last clomid pill, although of we everyone fits in that mold. For me I finish my last pill cycle day7 then O about cycle day15, so that's 8 days after last pill.
Are you able to use OPK's to help pinpoint? Or do you take your basal body temp to verify you do ovulate? Best bet is to BD every other day during the the entire range it could happen in and then you won't miss your window.
Good luck and :dust:

My cycle also started on Dec 16 I took my clomid on 5-9 and o on Jan 1st I had o pains for about 3 days before.

has anyone on here jumped from 50mg Clomid to 150mg clomid, without first trying 100mg? My doctor wants me to do that, after 1 cycle of 50mg, and I'm kinda freaking out about it. Thinking i'm just going to go for 100mg next month and see what that does.

Sorry for everyone who af got recently. She's a nasty horrid bitch :(

has anyone on here jumped from 50mg Clomid to 150mg clomid, without first trying 100mg? My doctor wants me to do that, after 1 cycle of 50mg, and I'm kinda freaking out about it. Thinking i'm just going to go for 100mg next month and see what that does.

That's odd, did he say why he wants you to jump up?

Well I'm out, woke up to a temp drop and AF. :cry:

Trying to be positive, Clomid did work, and gave me my shorter cycle since October 2010.

Anyone have thoughts/info on Clomid days 3-7 vs. 5-9? Is it true 3-7 gives you more eggs and 5-9 gives you stronger eggs? Thinking about switching it up this cycle.

There is so much conflicting information out there but I've read a few things that support taking it days 2-6 result in higher pregnancy rates. My doctor prescribed it for 5-9 but I took it 3-7 (cause I'm a rebel like that :haha:) and didn't O so next cycle it was upped and I took it 2-6 because it felt right and I did O at cd 15. This cycle I took it 2-6 again because I didn't want to O later and I just O'ed yesterday at cd 17. I want nice normal cycles because it's gonna give me more chances and I'm tired of 80+ day cycles. It's really up to you but I don't think I'll take it 5-9.

hello Ladies!!

I am back in the game! CD2 today, I am wondering if I should take it like I did the first time around CD5 or CD2 like the last time. hmmm I will be traveling until CD 17, so I hope I ovulate as I did before after CD17) otherwise I will miss the egg this time around!

Good luck to everyone! hope we all get our BFP soon!!

hello Ladies!!

I am back in the game! CD2 today, I am wondering if I should take it like I did the first time around CD5 or CD2 like the last time. hmmm I will be traveling until CD 17, so I hope I ovulate as I did before after CD17) otherwise I will miss the egg this time around!

Good luck to everyone! hope we all get our BFP soon!!

I would take it at 2-6 if you wanna ovulate earlier. Good luck!

Hmm. Maybe I'll do 3-7. I'm so NOT a rebel so I'm kinda nervous my dr is gonna yell at me. :haha:

My doc said CD5-9 the first round and because she wanted me to OV earlier she said to take it CD2-7. I ended up OV later doing CD2-7 though.
I want my OV to be after CD17 this time, so I think I am going to do it CD5-10.
Good luck girls!!

Crap, you ov'd later when you took it earlier?! How'd that happen? I just wonder if it's true about 3-7 making more eggs maybe I should do that since my hubby's count is a bit low.

Oh, I show my dr my charts and I feel like she would notice the days I took it on. Although I suppose I could alter my chart a bit. Haha.

yeah, I don't know why it did that for me... why don't you call her and tell her you are going to take it earlier? I don't think she will mind unless there is a very particular reason why she wouldn't want you to... what I wouldn't do is increase the dosage without a doctor's advise... I have heard that Clomid can also make your lining thinner therefore making it hard to conceive.

I think if I ask she'll say to do cd5-9 again, which is why I don't want to ask. :blush: I def won't change my dose wothout talking to her, I know 25 mg worked for me so I'm going to stick with that for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->