The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi everyone, I need some help with what to do with my next cycle. I have done 3 rounds of clomid 50mg.
1 - 30days (ovulated fine but did not concieve)
2 - 32days (ovulated fine but did not concieve)
3 - 48 days!! This means that I did not ovulate until cd34. This is REALLY late. I thought that I was not going to ovulate at all this cylce but now have AF today. Because of this late ovulation should I increase my dose to 100mg next time? I can not see my Doctor for another week and it will be too late to ask. I need to decide on the dose today as I have to start taking it tomorrow! I am nervous about upping it to 100mg incase of multiples so I am thinking about taking just 1.5 tablets (75mg) I have never read anything about anyone taking 75, it only seems to be 50 or 100. Because I did ovulate (just extremely late) should I stick to 50mg or up to 75mg or 100mg? I really want to get pregnant on this 4th cycle.
Thankyou so much for your help.

Clomid gave me O pains I never used to have, some months are worse than others. Last month I had pain for like 3 days!

CakiePie - what days do you take it? If your worried about side effects, some ppl get no effects on high doses, others do. As for multiples, there is a increased chance on any dose. Good luck with your choice, sorry I can't be of more help :)
:dust:

I have PCOS and do not ovulate without drugs. I have already done 4 cycles on Clomid and one drug free cycle and then 2 cycles on Tamoxifen. I have read that doc dont prescribe Clomid for more than 3 ovulatory cycles, which is probably why she put me on Tamoxifen later. In my current Tamoxifen cycle I did not ovulate.

I have now had 3 cycles after stopping Clomid. Does anyone know if it is safe to do another cycle of Clomid now. Will it give me results. Just so desperate to know.

Cakepie I don't know what the answer is if you should increase your clomid. I would say go with your gut. My doc upped my dose from 50 to 100 and then to 150 but because I had not o.

Honeycheeks my doctor said normally 6 cycles of clomid are done if your are o ing.

Hi ladies, got 2 positive opks today and one yesterday and today I'm on cd23 and 7dpo. Is this normal on clomid?

Dinky, are you sure you ovulated the first time? Have. You done a hpt?

Thanks for replying! This is my 3rd month on clomid ttc my 2nd child, its my 15th cycle altogether and I've always ovulated around cd14 with it. Started using the opks on cd14 as I'm not taking them too seriously and think I missed the surge. I took a hpt yesterday and it was negative :( but I was only 6dpo so I know its too early yet x

ughhhhh still no positive opk. I just want to ovulate!!!

How many of you have ovulated at different times each cycle?

I have heard of others girls getting positive opks when they were pregnant and then positive hct later on.

I got +OPKs a week after ovulation, BFN, then the following week at 16dpo I got my BFP. I like to think the OPK picked up my pregnancy before my BFP.

Thank you ladies your giving me hope :) I've never taken opks this late in a cycle before just did it because I was bored :) going to take one tomorrow aswel and see if there still positive

Hey ladies the witch got me :cry: so today is cd 3 and im starting my 4th cycle of clomid. fingers crossed!!

Hugs.
Afm had 4 days straight of positive opks. 3 strong positive one Sunday and 2 today. Fx that I O soon.

Hey ladies the witch got me :cry: so today is cd 3 and im starting my 4th cycle of clomid. fingers crossed!!

Lots of :hugs:!!!

I feel like I'll be joining you soon! It will be my 2nd round of Clomid!

Hi girl
Good luck to you all. Cycle two on clomid didn't help. Feeling rubbish. Outta curiosity did you ladies find clomid lengthened your lp? Didn't for me at all

Did anyone get 2 separate positive OPKs in a cycle with clomid?

I'm taking 100mg and had positive OPk's CD18 and Cd19, and now again CD23??

I am using the CB digi smileys.

Thanks!

x

Aww Haj624 :hugs: so sorry about the :witch:
All I can say is I've been there. On to another cycle and a fresh start, good luck!

I've pretty much given up on OPK's. They don't seem to always work for me, so I'll trust my monitoring and maybe just test the day they usually detect the surge for fun.
Bloodwork and ultrasound in the morning! Getting excited again :)

cd 16 and still no o (although, today could be o) I got a positive opk on cd 14 but no smiley. My boobs don't hurt at all so that makes me think that I won't be oing anytime soon ..sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->