The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I conceived taking it days 3-7. I ovulated CD15. :thumbup:

I feel like a lot of people do...not sure where I got that notion from though. Haha. If nothing else, it might make me feel better to be doing something different. Know what I mean? What round was it for you??

I feel like a lot of people do...not sure where I got that notion from though. Haha. If nothing else, it might make me feel better to be doing something different. Know what I mean? What round was it for you??
It was my fifth round.

1) 50mg, no ovulation
2) 100mg, ovulated, but very low progesterone
3) 150mg, ovulated, great progesterone, BFN
4) 150mg, same as round three.
5) 150mg, caught the egg!

Thank you. :) I ovulated on 25 mg, so I'm going to stick with that dose. Not sure about my progesterone though, I'm not getting monitored. :shrug:

Did you have 21day blood testing? They sent me for blood work every CD21 to see if I'd ovulated. That's why they checked my progesterone. :thumbup:

Nope, my dr wanted me to do a few rounds and see how it went, I'm going back in February, which should be towards the end of my next cycle. Hopefully I'll be going back with a BFP instead!

Sorry the :witch: came Lisa and Navy2mom. :hugs:

Justneedshelp - I was always informed that you should O typically 5-9 days after you finish your last clomid pill, although of we everyone fits in that mold. For me I finish my last pill cycle day7 then O about cycle day15, so that's 8 days after last pill.
Are you able to use OPK's to help pinpoint? Or do you take your basal body temp to verify you do ovulate? Best bet is to BD every other day during the the entire range it could happen in and then you won't miss your window.
Good luck and :dust:

Hey I use OPKs but not trusting them because they are giving me positives for 4days straight, I brought a thermometer to start bbting, when should I start this? Tomorrow or when AF arrives? Yea we pretty much bd every other day since AF finished lol

Thanks.

You can start temping whenever you like. You just can't really figure out what is going on until you have charted a full cycle (AF to AF). If you start now and you think you have already O'd it'll give you a great reference point for what should happen after O next time. It's good that you have been BD'ing like crazy. Who knows, maybe this'll be your month!
As for the OPK's, I know ppl who have tested positive at two different times in their cycle...never get a true positive....or even like you are pos for way too long. I guess it all depends on the concentration of lh in your urine, and how fast your body processes it out.

Nope, my dr wanted me to do a few rounds and see how it went, I'm going back in February, which should be towards the end of my next cycle. Hopefully I'll be going back with a BFP instead!

Hi Lisa, do you know what will happen when you return to your doc? (hopefully a scan as you will be preggers!). I'm going back to mine next thurs (on round 3 now) so wondering if he will get me monitored or up my dose...

This is exactly the same as me! So I have gone ahead and booked bloodwork for day 21 as if I havent ovulated then I will request a dose up. Why should I waste 3 cycles on a dose that doesnt work? Then I only have 3 cycles left to try higher :(

Mk - I'm not sure what her plan is for my Feb appt. I think just to check in, probably up the dose if I wasn't ovulating on it. Let me know what happens at your appt so I know what to expect! :)

Mrs B - I think that's a good idea, especially since you didn't ov last time. For me, I know I ov'd, so I don't mind going unmonitored. Did you book the bloodwork through your drs office?

Lisa, Yes I just rang my docs and asked to book 21 day bloods and they did :haha:

Hi ladies! I am 26 years old and my husbby is 24 and we have been ttc for 2 years now and it has been a very stressful road. So finally i went to my doctor and found out that i am not ovulating for some reason and she gave me clomid 50 mg on cd 5-9. I am not due to start it until the 28th but i am looking for clomid buddies to share our experiences with each other.

Finished my first cycle of 100mg Clomid. Had a scan on 11th, was told i had 4 potential eggs and womb was 6mm, had second scan on Friday 13th told now i had 5 eggs, 1 in left ovary and 4 in right ovary. I was then given an injection to start ovalation. And told to start trying every other day as id be fertile from 14th to 19th if they have there facts right. I was told i was at risk from mulitple births if i do full pregnant.

I am blessed with a 4 year old son and have been trying for number 2 since he was 6 months old.

Any replys would be gratefully received and replied to.

Hi ladies! I am 26 years old and my husbby is 24 and we have been ttc for 2 years now and it has been a very stressful road. So finally i went to my doctor and found out that i am not ovulating for some reason and she gave me clomid 50 mg on cd 5-9. I am not due to start it until the 28th but i am looking for clomid buddies to share our experiences with each other.

Good luck! Were you getting regular periods and positive opks before? What was your day 21 progesterone?

Finished my first cycle of 100mg Clomid. Had a scan on 11th, was told i had 4 potential eggs and womb was 6mm, had second scan on Friday 13th told now i had 5 eggs, 1 in left ovary and 4 in right ovary. I was then given an injection to start ovalation. And told to start trying every other day as id be fertile from 14th to 19th if they have there facts right. I was told i was at risk from mulitple births if i do full pregnant.

I am blessed with a 4 year old son and have been trying for number 2 since he was 6 months old.

Any replys would be gratefully received and replied to.

Welcome! Thats a whole lot of eggs!! :haha: Were you not responding to a lower dose??

So just wanted to update everyone.
I did my first trigger shot last night, and I go in tomorrow morning for my IUI :)
I'm really excited, and also dreading the 2 week wait! It's always such torture.
I'm praying for a :bfp:
Wish me luck :thumbup:

To everyone new - welcome and :dust: good luck

Everyone else - how are the cycles progressing? Any 2ww'ers with symptoms, maybe good news.......???

Good luck! And I am in the 2ww I am 13 dpo still getting BFN. I have had really sore boobs, weird cramping, and something new that I noticed tonight is I am eating things I would not usually eat. I order a chocolate caramel cover pretzel last night (i normally hate pretzel too salty) then tonight we went for ice cream and I got chocolate (i never get chocolate). I have a feeling it has not happend this month though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->