The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Finished my first cycle of 100mg Clomid. Had a scan on 11th, was told i had 4 potential eggs and womb was 6mm, had second scan on Friday 13th told now i had 5 eggs, 1 in left ovary and 4 in right ovary. I was then given an injection to start ovalation. And told to start trying every other day as id be fertile from 14th to 19th if they have there facts right. I was told i was at risk from mulitple births if i do full pregnant.

I am blessed with a 4 year old son and have been trying for number 2 since he was 6 months old.

Any replys would be gratefully received and replied to.

It sounds very promising! question: do you know what was the shot you got for?
best of luck!!

Wanna b a mom - Hey! How's it going?? Did you already take your Clomid for the month??

IUI done, 2ww begins. Got cramping right now, mostly on left sign (where two biggest follicles were. So I thing O time. Which means timing was perfect. IUI 36 hrs post trigger, And if this is it, O just under 38 hrs post trigger.
FX'd.

Don't give up jme until you get AF or go in to your clinic for BW.
:dust: your wait is almost over.

Wana be a mom- sounds good, lots of targets to hit! :dust:

IUI done, 2ww begins. Got cramping right now, mostly on left sign (where two biggest follicles were. So I thing O time. Which means timing was perfect. IUI 36 hrs post trigger, And if this is it, O just under 38 hrs post trigger.
FX'd.

Don't give up jme until you get AF or go in to your clinic for BW.
:dust: your wait is almost over.

Wana be a mom- sounds good, lots of targets to hit! :dust:

hi hopeful,
Can you tell me the steps to the IUI process? I think DH and I are going to do that next cycle, if this cycle is a BFN.
Thanks!!

Hi ladies! I am 26 years old and my husbby is 24 and we have been ttc for 2 years now and it has been a very stressful road. So finally i went to my doctor and found out that i am not ovulating for some reason and she gave me clomid 50 mg on cd 5-9. I am not due to start it until the 28th but i am looking for clomid buddies to share our experiences with each other.

Good luck! Were you getting regular periods and positive opks before? What was your day 21 progesterone?

Thanks for the luck cause I really need it..lol. I was getting reg periods about 21-26 day cycles and I thought I was ovulating because I was using OPKs but then I went to see my dr and she did some bloodwork and told me that I wasnt ovulating at all even though I was getting my periods every month. That was very confusing to me but I guess the OPK that I was using were no good so I wasted my money! All I could do was laugh it off I was so upset! I dont know what my my progesterone levels were. Good luck to you and your DH!!! We will get our bfp soon we just have to have hope and pray on it!

hi hopeful,
Can you tell me the steps to the IUI process? I think DH and I are going to do that next cycle, if this cycle is a BFN.
Thanks!!

Sure, no problem.
It's really simple. Your husband needs to provide a sample the morning of your IUI and they do what is called sperm washing. Essentially it's separating the sperm from the seminal fluids. They also keep the strongest wimmers per say, and hyperstimulate them.
When you arrive you get ready as if for a pap, they use the speculum to open you up, then they use a syringe with long catheter and go through the cervix directly into the uterus. Timing is important for it, as an egg only lives for 12-24 hrs and washed sperm for 12-36 hours. They say the best timing is 6 hours on either side of ovulation. You can either wait and detect your surge via bloodwork (I don't think OPK's are very effective)band go in 24-36 hours post surge, or you can take a HCG trigger shot to cause ovulation and go in 24-48 hours post trigger (I did 36).
Generally it is done with fertility meds to make you produce more follicles.

Feel free to ask questions, I've done so much research I think I'm a book :)

hi hopeful,
Thanks!!

Sure, no problem.
It's really simple. Your husband needs to provide a sample the morning of your IUI and they do what is called sperm washing. Essentially it's separating the sperm from the seminal fluids. They also keep the strongest wimmers per say, and hyperstimulate them.
When you arrive you get ready as if for a pap, they use the speculum to open you up, then they use a syringe with long catheter and go through the cervix directly into the uterus. Timing is important for it, as an egg only lives for 12-24 hrs and washed sperm for 12-36 hours. They say the best timing is 6 hours on either side of ovulation. You can either wait and detect your surge via bloodwork (I don't think OPK's are very effective)band go in 24-36 hours post surge, or you can take a HCG trigger shot to cause ovulation and go in 24-48 hours post trigger (I did 36).
Generally it is done with fertility meds to make you produce more follicles.

Feel free to ask questions, I've done so much research I think I'm a book :)

Thank you so much!!! I am on Clomid, too. Round #3. So if this time doesn't work, IUI is next on the schedule.

Good luck Wendy. I hope you get your :bfp: this month. If not then at least IUI will be relatively simple for you :)

So a few days ago I took a test, Af was late. It was a BFN. Woke up today, took one and it was a BFP took another one just about an hour ago and it was still a BFP. Third month of clomid, and a BFP!!!! Hope it sticks good luck everyone.

So a few days ago I took a test, Af was late. It was a BFN. Woke up today, took one and it was a BFP took another one just about an hour ago and it was still a BFP. Third month of clomid, and a BFP!!!! Hope it sticks good luck everyone.

huge congrats!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope so too!! it has been way too long for us... hopefully we can both "graduate" to the pregnant forums soon! and along with us, all these great ladies taking clomid!!! come on ladies, we can do it!!!

Hey i am new to the website...I just found out today that i am not pregnant again..this is my second round of 50mg clomid....i dont know what is wrong i am ovulating but still no pregnancy....I am hope third times a charm right....I will begin again wed... I take it days 5-9...Then I will be futher tested after this cycle..:shrug:

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope so too!! it has been way too long for us... hopefully we can both "graduate" to the pregnant forums soon! and along with us, all these great ladies taking clomid!!! come on ladies, we can do it!!!

I will make us graduation caps and gowns and we can march throughout Massachusetts!! :rofl:

Hey i am new to the website...I just found out today that i am not pregnant again..this is my second round of 50mg clomid....i dont know what is wrong i am ovulating but still no pregnancy....I am hope third times a charm right....I will begin again wed... I take it days 5-9...Then I will be futher tested after this cycle..:shrug:

Welcome and good luck!! :flower:

almost halfway through my lp! Who else is testing within a week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->