The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi All - new to this forum. :) Glad to have found y'all.

I am starting my first Clomid cycle in a few months. Is there any problem with starting at 100mg instead of 50mg? Just curious if anyone else had done that?

I'm excited to have some cycle buddies!

Hi ladies :)
can i join please.... ? Im due for af Anytime from today this is my first round of clomid 50mg im taking them on cd 2-6 is there any advice to get the best out of clomid ive done alot of personal research would be nice to hear some of your stories.

Hi ladies :)
can i join please.... ? Im due for af Anytime from today this is my first round of clomid 50mg im taking them on cd 2-6 is there any advice to get the best out of clomid ive done alot of personal research would be nice to hear some of your stories.

No advice, but I'm in the same position as you! AF today, first round of clomid coming soon! :)

Hi All - new to this forum. :) Glad to have found y'all.

I am starting my first Clomid cycle in a few months. Is there any problem with starting at 100mg instead of 50mg? Just curious if anyone else had done that?

I'm excited to have some cycle buddies!

It all depends on your situation . If you ovulate on your own, and the clomid is being used to get more/healthier eggs, then 50 is the dosage that would normally be prescribed. If you don't ovulate and have very irregular cycles, then a doctor might have a reason to go to 100, but in almost all cases the beginning is 50. There is good reason for that hyperstimulation is a very real concern.

Oh and there is a difference with the days you use it. Apparently days 5-9 is supposed to make less, but stronger eggs. Days 2-6 would create more eggs but less mature. Days 3-7 is said to have the best pregnancy success rates. Doctors all have different theories on it and what days they recommend. Don't forget in any case that chances for multiples increase with clomid use.

Did they not give you these explanations when they spoke to you about it?

Oh and there is a difference with the days you use it. Apparently days 5-9 is supposed to make less, but stronger eggs. Days 2-6 would create more eggs but less mature. Days 3-7 is said to have the best pregnancy success rates. Doctors all have different theories on it and what days they recommend. Don't forget in any case that chances for multiples increase with clomid use.

Yah lots of explanations and talking and stuff I was just wondering if I could get feedback from people who have used it before. I have super irregular cycles. I ovulate on my own according to my BBT, but at very irregular times (CD26 then CD48 then CD30 the past 3 cycles). She's hoping it will move my ovulation date forward a reasonable amount.

Yah lots of explanations and talking and stuff I was just wondering if I could get feedback from people who have used it before. I have super irregular cycles. I ovulate on my own according to my BBT, but at very irregular times (CD26 then CD48 then CD30 the past 3 cycles). She's hoping it will move my ovulation date forward a reasonable amount.

Those CDs are ovulation days, by the way - not cycle lengths.

Okay that's crazy long cycles! Yeah, clomid can help with that :) usually when the right dose is found you will O somewhere between 5 to 9 days after you take the last dose on clomid. Some do earlier and later, but that I'd the norm. Hope they helps. I O 8 days after last pill naturally. Sometimes trigger may be the way to go, especially when the goal is conception.
Good luck, I hope you find your perfect dose :)

hi ladies on day 11, first round of clomid 2-6 50mg...so far no side effects - was kind of wanting some just to feel like its working! no positive on opks yet.....i was wondering i have only ever ovulated once on my own before and that was at day 35!! for those with long cycles did clomid make you ovulate any sooner? the same? later?
x

I'm 11dpo and got another bfn. I had a 12 day lp last cycle but I took b-100 this cycle so I'm hoping it'll be a little longer. My chart is weird looking, can anyone take a look? It seems to be all over the place. Guess at this point I just wait for af!

I'm 11dpo and got another bfn. I had a 12 day lp last cycle but I took b-100 this cycle so I'm hoping it'll be a little longer. My chart is weird looking, can anyone take a look? It seems to be all over the place. Guess at this point I just wait for af!

Your chart still looks good to me. Like I said the other day, that dip at 7dpo def looks like an implantation dip, and the fact that your temps went back up is a good sign. Keeping my FX for you! :thumbup:

If you already ovulate on your own, I would def stick to 50 mg. You want to take the lowest dose possible that will make you ovulate, to reduce side effects/risks like hyperstimulation and thining the uterine lining. My dr actually started me at 25 mg since I sometimes ovulate on my own, just late. Good luck! :flower:

Well your temp is going up, so you are def not out yet!!! Hang in there, it's not over until AF shows up!

I agree with you Lisa about the sticking with 50. Omit should be taken as prescribed, and if a doctor increases dose too much or too fast make sure to question it. It's your body they are playing with.

so today is day 4 of positive opk, has this ever happened to anyone before??

Hi new here :) am on my second cycle of clomid not being monitored had very bad cramping for a week on my first cycle then Af arrived anybody had bad cramping as a side effect? X

Anything that can ease the pain? Have been given anti imflamatories but dnt seem to be working x

baths are good but really I just thought about an eggy growing and that helped. It made it seem worth it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->