The did you know thread?

Smokey, you are like the Master of the universe when it comes to random facts. I thought i knew a lot of random crap! You are my idol

DYK - 'Was it a cat I saw' says the same thing backwards

DYK - 'DYK' means 'Did you know'?

It took me half of this thread to twig on that one :rofl:

DYK - 'DYK' means 'Did you know'?

It took me half of this thread to twig on that one :rofl:

Oh god I thought I was the only one :blush: I was like 'what's a dyk lobster?' then I read a few more and realised...

Babies can also breath through their nose and swallow at the same time where as adults cant, they lose this ability somewher between 6-12 months and no one can work out why they can do it but adults cant

Smokey I bet your an awesome person to have in your team at a pub quiz!

We do a daily quiz question at work. From today's quiz;

Marge Simpson was the first cartoon character to grace Playboys front cover.

Some others;

Shakespeare invented the words assassination and bump.

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start.

Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

What about north and south America? Without the north and south they are still Americas together?

The thing about clouds has just randomly reminded me of an exercise we had in Environmental Science where we had to do a calculation of the weight of a cloud :wacko: Water's pretty heavy stuff :lol:

The girl who voiced Lilo from "Lilo & Stitch" was also Samara (the creepy long- haired girl) from The Ring.

Your foot is generally the same length as the part on the inside of your arm, between elbow and wrist. If you place your foot on the inside of your forearm, it should fit perfectly between elbow and wrist.

There are 3 signs of madness,

The 1st is:

Talking to yourself

The second is:

Having hairs on the palms of your hands

The 3rd is:

Looking for them

Who looked? :)

Aha! I have been caught out with that one before, so restrained myself!!

This week I found out that when Submariners return to land after being away at sea for a long time they're not allowed to drive for a week as they have no depth perception.

Your foot is generally the same length as the part on the inside of your arm, between elbow and wrist. If you place your foot on the inside of your forearm, it should fit perfectly between elbow and wrist.

You do realise you have just started a load of women off trying to twist themselves into a pretzel shape trying to see if this is true dont you :)
I now have this image of half the readers of this thread whith their leg up against their arm falling over :haha:

did you know that banana trees "walk"? From one year to the next they can move around 6 inches from their original position

Dyk babies can only breathe through their nose. Xx
That's not true; at 3 weeks old my LO had a cold and her nose was totally blocked, but she was breathing through her mouth

I also heard that babies don't cry tears until a few months or up to a year old, but both my LOs hve had real tears since birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->