The Final 5 week gang anyone??

How are we ladies? I'm having a good day so far, about to start cooking but grabbing a few minutes before it begins...I'm making minestrone soup, mousakka and chilli for the freezer :)

Really sad but i'm chuffed this morning as I've realised my ability to shave my legs in the shower is back! I haven't been able to lift my legs for months so it must be because the baby has dropped, I'm happy as it was always in my plan to be 'prepared for labour' every day and having nice legs is important to me. (The simple things!!) The idea of running a bath every day just wasn't in my plan!

I'm still secretly hoping that at any minute I will get a contraction and gently progress from there as I really don't know what that feels like!!

Hope we are all ok anyways x

Morning! Funny how we take the littlest things for granted huh? I still struggle to put socks on every morning :-/

This is my last week of work, well besides next Monday but then I'm done! :yipee: I can't believe I made it this far. Also secretly hoping any time I stand up my water will break and we can get this process over with. I've been bouncing on the ball every evening but the only result I get from that is sore hips :cry:

Have a great day ladies xx

Oh Lucylu you're making me hungry with that talk of musaka! Yum. I made Turkey cabbage rolls on Saturday for the freezer and we've been eating them all weekend. Had shepards pie last week. Might do another one for the freezer this week it was so easy to make!
Well 2 weeks left at work and then I'm off for a year. I can't believe it, have been waiting for this moment for SO long! I'm going to finish a project today and finish packing up my desk. the ladies are doing a surprise shower for me this week, the organizer told me last week when I was packing up my desk. She freaked out and told me I can't leave yet:haha: ok! Whatever you say...

Good morning ladies! Awesome on the cooking! I should probably do the same. Having shaved legs is important to me so I try to shave myself everyday since I really don't know. I'm also hoping something will happen but until then.......I will see my dr on Wednesday so we will see if she gives any clues. Either way the countdown is on. I am having section in the 2nd so if I am not mistaking that is 11 days from now. Have a great day everyone!

Hi ladies!!!! All this good prep talk is making me hungry lol. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Still uncomfortable and just in pain. I have an appt Wednesday I'm so hoping I have at least progressed a little bit. Surprisingly I'm still shaving my legs...for now! Ummm...TMI...I tried shaving my lady area and it was a complete fail. More TMI....I've been having so many loose bowel movements since Friday. I'm going to just take it easy this week. I finally just finished washing baby clothes, I'm so not prepared. I did stock up on meats yesterday and I have baked ziti ready to go. Hubby will have to make do😉

Speaking of freezer meals. What's your favorite, easy meal to prep for the upcoming time off? So far we've made stuffed cabbage, haluski, meatballs, orange chicken and lasagna.

Anyone have a good, easy recipe they'd like to share?

I've ALWAYS got chilli in the freezer, its my all time fav and I love it either as a chilli with the rice/chips and greek yogurt (as we like our chilli HOT!!!)
But I also like to have little batches for wraps served with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and home made guacamole or to make a 'chilli lasagna' which is different but a winner non the less! (Ok i'm drooling now)

So my day gets better....I pick ds up at 3.30 so at 2.30 I decided to go for a nice walk seeing as the sun has come out - We have had a rubbish summer here in Wales so best enjoy it!!! I went up the back lane (we live in the countryside) but bumped in to 2 neighbours which never happens up there! Had a lovely chat and they both said how good I look (always nice to hear!) anyway I made it to the gate and back, its only about 20mins in total but i'm definitely feeling a bit crampy in the tummy so walking must help!!!

My most fav freezer meals are turkey stew, chili, cabbage rolls, spinach/beef lasagna, Shepherds pie, and tuna casserole. :dance::bunny: just wish I had a little more of that in the freezer right now!

Loeylo- Chili with greek yogurt in the recipe or a side? I've never heard of making it that way. Might have to look it up. .hmmmm... :)

I'm not as prepared as last time with batch cooking!
I was at the consultant today and have finally made up my mind about c section vs vbac. Have my section booked for 7th Oct so only 3 days before due date. If I go before then then I will see how things are progressing and maybe try for a vbac. I guess I better pack my hospital bag!

What an afternoon I had! Had my regular 36 week appointment with the midwife but babys heartbeat was way too fast, they had me lay down for 10 mins to see if it slowed down but it didn't so ended up in triage at the hospital. After what seemed like a long time to me the heart beat finally returned to normal and they have let me go home, phew what a fright. Can't wait until she is here now. Pregnancy is way to stressful for me!

Speaking of freezer meals. What's your favorite, easy meal to prep for the upcoming time off? So far we've made stuffed cabbage, haluski, meatballs, orange chicken and lasagna.

Shepherds pie.. Stuffed peppers are also really easy to do.

Can you share orange chicken recipe??

Shepherds pie.. Stuffed peppers are also really easy to do.

Can you share orange chicken recipe??

Here you go :) I didn't add mayo to mine bc it just seemed awful, but put in a little Greek yogurt for that creamy consistency (which isn't necessary)
There's also a skinny chicken version that skips the breading all together. You can marinate the chicken in the sauce overnight but I found that to be boring. I nearly double the sauce and serve mine with quinoa or rice. Enjoy :)

https://picturetherecipe.com/index.php/recipes/orange-chicken/

Stuffed cabbage sounds sooooo good right now! What do you guys stuff it with?

I grind pork chops and mix that half and half with beef. Add rice and some seasoning. Make sure to devein the cabbage after its cooked too :) Sooo yummy, we just had these yesterday.

So I *think* I'm having contractions. ???
My belly feels weird, wraps around to my sides and is somewhat sore but I'm not having any pain with them. It's just super uncomfortable.
It feels nothing like the BH as those are lower in my belly, like cramps, and I can feel them constantly when they happen. Am I just imagining things?

What an afternoon I had! Had my regular 36 week appointment with the midwife but babys heartbeat was way too fast, they had me lay down for 10 mins to see if it slowed down but it didn't so ended up in triage at the hospital. After what seemed like a long time to me the heart beat finally returned to normal and they have let me go home, phew what a fright. Can't wait until she is here now. Pregnancy is way to stressful for me!

Geez what a day. Did they say why that happened? I agree with you it is very stressful. Sorry that happened. Hope all is ok now.

I did mine on Sat with ground turkey, carrot, onion, quinoa, and fresh poultry herbs ie sage, tyme, & Rosemary. Lean but packed with flavour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->