The Final 5 week gang anyone??

Here's a pic of the bags I did for them. I figured this way they each have a special bag and it's a good size for trips, etc. They're messy and covered in thread trimmings but it's the only pic I have. :)

Attachments

• 19296.jpg
    19296.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
My thought with the bags this time and last time was stuff they could use and things that would entertain then in the hospital when they come to visit. The crayons worked great last time for dd, which is why I did that again. Maybe a doll? Or a disposable camera for your 9 y/o? That way she can feel involved and take pics of the baby. Or some basic picture frames with things they can use to decorate them? I didn't do big brother/sister shirts bc they'll barely wear them and then outgrow them.

I found the basic field bags online and did the applique and embroidery. Part of my nesting I think :haha:

My thought with the bags this time and last time was stuff they could use and things that would entertain then in the hospital when they come to visit. The crayons worked great last time for dd, which is why I did that again. Maybe a doll? Or a disposable camera for your 9 y/o? That way she can feel involved and take pics of the baby. Or some basic picture frames with things they can use to decorate them? I didn't do big brother/sister shirts bc they'll barely wear them and then outgrow them.

I think that's a great idea!! Thanks.

Argh ladies - I have stretch marks! :(

Got three small (1cm roughly) lines. I'm sure they will grow!

Battle scars of being a mom :hugs: Just try to keep your skin moisturized, but some people are just prone to them. Sorry :(

I got my first set of 'tiger stripes' yesterday too :( I was in Primark shopping for new PJs with the intention of getting myself a cream cake afterwards, seen the new stretch marks, got a shock so no cake lol! I thought there was no room for anymore after my first pregnancy but I was wrong.

I honestly thought I had avoided them. They aren't too bad and I'm really pale so hopefully they will fade to nothing - I have one or two small ones on my hips from puberty which you can hardly see now so hopefully these will be the same.

Sorry that you have found more too willow - have that cream cake anyway!

More bio oil for me then ...

I got my first ones about 6 weeks ago. They just keep expanding upwards from around my belly button. Ewww.

As a side note, I'm officially 37 weeks today! Cmon out baby!

37 weeks here as well!!! Can't wair for her to come out!! I did dream last night that I had her but I'm sure it's my subconscious bc I think about it all day long.

Hi Ladies, Sorry to those who are experiencing the dreaded stretch marks but I have had them since puberty so i'm used to mine now. Been quite lucky so far tummy wise, the ones I got with DS just seem a bit more shiny than normal.

I've actually managed to do something today - Hooray for me!
Found it so hard to walk yesterday so I was surprised when the sun came out and hubby asked if I could manage a walk on the canal and I did it - All the way, no moaning, probably just shy of 2 miles :)

Came back and ive packed my hospital bag and the babies bag, and ordered some more bits that I needed including a nursing bra to try and some nipple cream so my list is getting better!

I've been on the birthing ball religiously every night since wed's and doing my pelvic floor exercises, i'm getting ready to meet my little boy, I just wish my body will do it's best and give me a better labour this time :)

Wow that's a long walk! Good job. Wish I could walk. I am just so darn lazy these days. I will start walking on monday I suppose.

I love walking, I love running too but my knees don't like me running so i'm starting to accept that walking and swimming are far better for me!

Sorry to hear about your stretch marks ladies! Mines are at my belly button too.

Congrats to all who are walking. I have been trying to walk a little every day, it's so hard to stay motivated, but I have been using my birthing ball!

We also did shopping today, got loads of things with coupons so we got tonnes of size 1 and 2 nappies (three packs of 28!) , a bottle cleaner and a changing bag for £6 from boots by signing up for the baby club !(uk ladies - I recommend - there is loads of good discounts!)

Tried I get my tens machine but nowhere had it in stock which is a pain (literally) - my back is crippled and I need it!

Yay for walking! I used to average 10 miles a day at work and that stopped abruptly once I got heavier.

I managed to clean the kitchen, take the pup for a stroll around the block and sweep the floor in the babies room...I'm pooped!

We have a bday party later for a friends LO but I have a feeling we won't be there long due to the heat.

I'm in the same boat as Lucy. I have had stretch marks since puberty, but they're pretty much just on my hips and butt. The hip ones have expanded a little with each pregnancy and have gotten shinier, but I've been really fortunate and they've stayed off the front of my belly.

I took the kiddos for a walk today before the heat got too bad. Loving the fall feeling morning and evenings we've had, and really wishing these 90 degree days would go away!

I just took a much needed nap. I feel like I could sleep for hours more, which isn't surprising considering I was up itching and contracting all night and slept less than 2 hours. :sleep:

Hey ladies. Tomorrow I'm 37 weeks so commencing Operation Eviction! Delighted that the mw confirmed on Thursday that baby is now head down and already starting to engage (even though it's my 2nd so could bob back out) so fingers crossed I can have a normal delivery again. The birthing ball is being blown up, hopefully my swollen bits will deflate so I can get DTD, got to get walking and go onto a new spicy food diet. Sure it won't do my heartburn any favours but my time is done and I now can't wait to meet baby #2 x

Sorry to hear of the stretch marks ladies. Boo.

I'm 38w today and just want lo out. I'm not having fun at all and need my body back. Keep having twinges that come to nothing... so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->