The Final 5 week gang anyone??

Wipes - What are we all buying for our newborn's?

I hated using the cotton wool and water last time, got ourselves in a right mess on several occasions!!

I know the MW's may probably frown on wipes but how about water wipes? Or in my case I was thinking about Johnsons first touch ones??

I have soft cloths for baby, and lots of them along with Romperooz cloth diapers. I'm big on doing my part for the environment and most babies I've worked with (I worked at 2 daycares through highschool and into uni and then as a nanny for a baby & 2 year old during the summer) most babies with plastic pants & wipes wind up with pretty irritated bummies. I've worked out the savings to over $1000 for the year which we'll use taking a trip to Ireland next Sept. I know most people go the easy route and do pampers but I just can't throw that many diapers in the trash (and spend that much $$$ on trash that doesn't break down for hundreds of years YUK).

I have some Burts bees to try, some huggies and pampers sensitive. We'll see which ones make the cut haha

I use bum genius and Charlie banana cloth diapers, and then Pampers sensitive wipes. If I have to use a regular diaper I use Pampers swaddlers. They're the only normal diaper that doesn't leak or cause a rash with my kiddos (dd is fully potty trained, working with ds1)

I used cotton wool when DD was small but do agree for certain disasters it doesn't cut the mustard ('scuse the pun :haha:). We have always used huggies wipes since DD was a few weeks old - I always found Johnsons too wet and subsequently caused nappy rash. We'll use the same for the next one xx

Can someone tell me if there's a difference between lightning crotch and baby scratching/bumping the cervix? It's happened about 4x today and I hate it with a passion

I don't know but I just KNOW this baby has sharp nails because I get cervix pains all the time. Whatever that kid is doing, it's getting his/her nails chopped as soon as it comes out!

I don't know but I just KNOW this baby has sharp nails because I get cervix pains all the time. Whatever that kid is doing, it's getting his/her nails chopped as soon as it comes out!

I can't find anything on Dr google if there's a difference. Consensus says it's baby's head pushing down but it definitely feels more like a scratch to me. At this gestation is there enough room to have hands over head to scratch?

I can't find anything on Dr google if there's a difference. Consensus says it's baby's head pushing down but it definitely feels more like a scratch to me. At this gestation is there enough room to have hands over head to scratch?

I feel the head in the left part of my pelvis, not directly on my uterus. Feet are usually straight up and to the right side. Definitely feel hands moving about down there and the OB said they don't need to be touching your uterus to be sending sharp pains down there, the whole thing is full of nerves & referral pains. :wacko:

now that im getting close and panicking that i dont have my stuff packed lol!!!
This is what i have packed.. Keeping in mind i wont stay long after delivery unless something is wrong and i can always send someone home as we live five minutes from hospital! I should only be at hospital about four hours after delivery!

For baby:
2 blankets
2 outfits (one nb and one 0-3 sleeper)
Wipes
3 diapers (they do give some at hospital)
Hat
Scratch mits
A couple premade formulas incase theres issues nursing
Toiletries (shampoo, lotion, diaper cream)

For me:
Hair elastics
Chap stick
Few pairs breastfeeding pads
Sample nipple cream
Pads
A few snacks
Nursing top, yoga pants, and big black undies lol
Shampoo

Left myself a note on top saying i need: hairbrush, toothbrush, makeup, and phone charger.

Am i missing anything i need?? Any other suggestions??

So last night I decided to get on my ball and do my kegel exercises as i've neglected them lately. Have to admit after 45 mins of doing my figure 8 and various movements that I felt a bit achey afterwards. I struggled rolling over in bed and walking is that little bit more tricky.

I was wondering if babs had engaged at all ( I never experienced it with DS) and so at my 36+5 appoint this morning it went very well.... She was measuring away and he was pushing his arms/legs against her so we had a lovely chat about the movements I get, she commented on how she had his back in one hand and seeing the arm/leg all the way over the other side could mean a longer baby. She then looked into DS who was 6lbs 7ounces and she said 'I think you'll be surprised with this one',...What do you mean I asked and she said if I go full term she thinks i'm looking at about 7lbs 12 ounces and that he's almost fully engaged! He's firmly in the pelvis and in my notes she's written 4/5 engaged.

I feel suddenly very excited, whether it means a larger baby or a longer one or she's wrong completely I couldn't care less, i'm chuffed he's engaged and that explains how i'm feeling!

Hope we are all ok today?? x

This is what i have packed.. Keeping in mind i wont stay long after delivery unless something is wrong and i can always send someone home as we live five minutes from hospital! I should only be at hospital about four hours after delivery!

For baby:
2 blankets
Wipes
Hat
Scratch mits

For me:
Hair elastics
Chap stick
Sample nipple cream
Pads
A few snacks
Shampoo

Left myself a note on top saying i need: hairbrush, toothbrush, makeup, and phone charger.

Won't your hospital provide baby toiletries?
I would also add flip flops to your list (if showering there) and socks. Not sure how things work in Canada but our postpartum stays are 2 or 3 days (pending delivery) so a change of clothes is needed. Also make sure OH packs something for the stay as well.

For baby:
2 blankets
Wipes
Hat
Scratch mits

For me:
Hair elastics
Chap stick
Sample nipple cream
Pads
A few snacks
Shampoo

Sounds like you got all the important things! I second the flip flops. I keep telling myself the same thing, someone can run home to get whatever I forget and may need lol

Baby is soooo low it's just getting increasingly uncomfortable. I have an appt tomorrow I've been contemplating since Monday to call and try to get in sooner, but I'll just wait now for tomorrow. It hurts to walk and it's even worse when I'm laying down. I've never experienced this with my other pregnancies so I'm hoping things will start on their own eventually.

Thanks MnG and Ready4!
I forgot I must look for my flip flops!
Yes they will provide toiletries for babe.. but I have pretty severe skin allergies to most toiletries. Im allergic to SLS. So im worried babe might be too and opted to just bring my own!
With the midwife, here, as long as nothing is wrong, they discharge after 4 hours because they come to the home to care for you. So they would come to my house from hospital and then come back over the next few dsys to monitor

That's great, only 4 hours! My hospital has us stay for 48 hours after the birth. I don't mind too much then we can keep everyone away for a bit!

Same here. It's 2 days for vaginal and 3 days for sections, which I don't mind at all. ..the only thing I am not looking forward to is the food there. I work there so I know what's coming...ugh. lol

Is everyone else going to enjoy the first few days or more with just baby and OH? We plan on having a week to just ourselves but not sure how to pass this along to friends and family. H's parents live a few miles away and I already know they're going to want to be here every day, however I'm trying to find a nice way to word that we want that first week alone, to establish a pattern of living and just enjoy our new life. .. any suggestions?

Same here. It's 2 days for vaginal and 3 days for sections, which I don't mind at all. ..the only thing I am not looking forward to is the food there. I work there so I know what's coming...ugh. lol

Is everyone else going to enjoy the first few days or more with just baby and OH? We plan on having a week to just ourselves but not sure how to pass this along to friends and family. H's parents live a few miles away and I already know they're going to want to be here every day, however I'm trying to find a nice way to word that we want that first week alone, to establish a pattern of living and just enjoy our new life. .. any suggestions?

We plan on not telling anyone when I'm in labor and only letting a few people come to the hospital on the second day. Last time everyone respected we wanted the first week alone and waited to ask to come visit. My mom lives right down the road, but she won't intrude. DHs mother isn't really involved in our lives so no worry there. You really can't please everyone and there will be people upset, but honestly they'll get over it. Last time everyone wanted to come to the hospital immediately after I delivered I told DH no and he nicely told everyone not yet. Just tell them now and let them know your game plan.

We plan on not telling anyone when I'm in labor and only letting a few people come to the hospital on the second day. Last time everyone respected we wanted the first week alone and waited to ask to come visit. My mom lives right down the road, but she won't intrude. DHs mother isn't really involved in our lives so no worry there. You really can't please everyone and there will be people upset, but honestly they'll get over it. Last time everyone wanted to come to the hospital immediately after I delivered I told DH no and he nicely told everyone not yet. Just tell them now and let them know your game plan.

Last time I was induced and we knew in advance we would go to the hospital that night, but we didn't tell anyone. Close family found out the following day (the day ds was born) and close friends only the day after. From my own experience, I didn't see it as a positive thing to have so many people in the room those first days. DS had a hard time latching and he ended up in the NICU the day after he was born with a fever. I think it was because having all those people around stressed him out. I insisted on being only the three of us the first night we spent in the hospital. It was a disaster (I couldn't even sit down, DH was totally stressed out) but it was important that we could spend at least those hours without anyone else around.
This time around, FIL will be out of town, MIL will be taking care of DS, so it will be even less people around, which I think is positive.

I'm only 34w2d but I don't expect to go past 38 weeks. I get makena shots and have two more left, I had one today. I'm getting nervous and excited. Dh and I are in the process of moving so that's helping with the time. I'm surprisingly not feeling too bad, yet, lol. This is my fourth baby but my Dh's first. He's really excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->