The 'I start a diet every January,this year I'm sticking to it' Thread

im gonna weigh in, in about 10 mins :blush:

no lose for me :( could be that I am quite poorly? I hope so any way:(

I think need someone to help me plan a diet out :(

I cant drink water it makes me feel sick so I always miss that out , I never eat breakfast because I am never hungry till 12-1ish . I love my chocolate far too much:( I work in my dads Chinese take away 4+ nights a week and eat in there:(

I've lost 4lbs :)

Are we updating the first page with the weight loss each week?

Kim even if you don't feel hungry in the morning you really should eat something otherwise when you do get hungry at lunchtime you crave junk food. There was a program on tv showing experiments on it.

How about some fruit or a smoothie drink in the morning ? You might start to crave your chocolate less ?

i've +'d 1lb wtf :cry:
i need help ;(

Right, post up everything that you are eating and every bit of exercise you are doing and what those exercises consist of. Let me know if you have any medical history too and I will have a look for you as I am studying to be a personal trainer so should be able to help a bit.

I think need someone to help me plan a diet out :(

I cant drink water it makes me feel sick so I always miss that out , I never eat breakfast because I am never hungry till 12-1ish . I love my chocolate far too much:( I work in my dads Chinese take away 4+ nights a week and eat in there:(

You have trained your body not to expect food until 12-1ish so it's about breaking the habit. You need to just start eating breakfast, whether you are hungry or not. Not eating breakfast is proven to put on weight.

As for water, try have cordial with it and gradually using less and less cordial. You need to try and drink 6-8 glasses a day to keep your body hydrated. This will not only help you lose weight, but keep your skin clear too. Things like fizzy drinks carry empty calories and sugar and also dehydrate the body.

Right, post up everything that you are eating and every bit of exercise you are doing and what those exercises consist of. Let me know if you have any medical history too and I will have a look for you as I am studying to be a personal trainer so should be able to help a bit.

Today i have eaten

2 pieces of wholemeal toast & 1 egg scrambled egg.
Cheese sandwich (i know it's not the best :blush:)
1 litre of orange squash
2 pringles

2 25 minute walk

i know i need to up my exercise but wii is playing silly buggers atm, will do circuits tomorrow x

You aren't eating enough. :lol: Naughty!

From what you have listed above, you have had about 650cals.

You need to be eating at least 1,300 a day to lose weight, and should preferably eat about 1,800.

Any lower than 1,300 and your body will convert the food you are eating into fat.

The reason why you aren't losing weight when you are eating so little is that your body is convinced you are starving. So when you do eat, your body hoards the food it has been given and stores it as fat because it is expecting to be continually starved.

If the body is always getting nutritious food, and regular intervals then it has no need to hold onto anything it doesn't need. So it burns food and calories more effectively.

Losing weight is not about restricting what you eat. It about changing to eat healthy and sensibly. You need to et little and often to keep your blood sugar and metabolism high.

There are a few rules you should try to follow.

• Eat five or six times a day. Three small healthy meals with two-three snacks. This will keep your metabolism up and you will burn off fat faster.
  • Try and workout 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each.
  • Cheat. Yep, that's right, cheat! Take one day a week to treat yourself for your hard work, just don’t go overboard

So, saying that here's an example menu for you, to show you what you should be eating.

BREAKFAST:

3 shredded wheat – with half pint of semi-skim milk
Piece of fruit
Tea or Coffee –no sugar and skim milk only

SNACK:
sandwich
Tea or Coffee (no sugar, skim milk)

LUNCH:
1 Large baked potato with beans (small portion)

SNACK:
1 Banana
Non-fat yoghurt

DINNER:
Egg and cheese omelette (1 egg, 50 grams half-fat
cheese)
Boiled rice (large portion)
Vegetables (any)
Coleslaw (small portion)

SNACK:
1 large orange
Non-fat yoghurt

The above menu is 1,700 calories, with only 30g of fat. See the difference in how much you should be eating, and how much you are?

So this week you tried it one way, and put weight on. Don't be disheartened, try the above and exercise 4x a week at medium intensity rather than 2x high intensity and try this way for a week and I am sure you will lose quite a bit of weight!

so sorry for not updating girlies.....we have only just got out of hospital AGAIN with Harvey :( x

Aww hope he is ok :( I haven't been able to weigh myself today, there's been a bit of a drama

:hugs: hun!

& thanks for that Avalanche, i've always ate like that i've not lowered it that much, just cut out the crap :) thank you lotssss :kiss:

Oh sweets, I hope he is ok, and feeling better, poor little thing. xxx

AB hope your ok? xxxx

I'm going to go through the thread from where I last read and update what I can :)

Yeah he is slowly getting there,he got another virus on top of the bronchiolitis! :( xx

oh bless him ;( give him a huge hug n kiss from me x

:hugs: I am sending you hugs too AB xx

Poor little Harvey, hope they looked after him well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe