The 'I start a diet every January,this year I'm sticking to it' Thread

CRWX-Good luck with upping your exercise :)

Vickie-Oh thanks for that, I need something that really makes me work, have LOTS of weight to shift, I will have a look online and see if I can find them in the sales :)

xxx

there's apparently an EA Active 2 that's out now as well, I've not tried it yet (want to get it soon) but have heard some good reviews on it.

Ohhhhh just googled that Vickie, that looks good, as it measures your heartbeat. Mum and I are going to pop into town tomorrow, to go sale shopping hope to burn some serious cals :) so may have a look. Thanks again.

Your welcome crwx ;)

Right really must try to get some sleep, Night night xxx

Hey all! I want to lose about 7-10 lb's over the next 6 months and then maintain for a year before wedding and TTC :)

I'm HOPELESS at keeping it up, so I need you all to shout at me haha.

I have the Wii fit plus and EA sports active (which I haven't used properly yet). I think I prefer the look of the EA one though-it seems better for actual fitness x

I have the original Wii Fit, but my Mum has Wii Fit Plus that she has never opened, so I might "borrow" it, seeing as I also have the Wii Motion Plus ;)

Mum and I are going to Curves next Thursday. We used to go in 2008, switched to one near me, hated it there (was like a boot camp!) so stopped going. But now I can drive, it's much easier for me to get to the one near Mum (which is really nice) so we are going back there!

I need to be really disciplined when Uni starts back, as my (skinny!) friends have bad habits like buying me packets of crisps and things like that when they get a packet for themselves :blush:

I'm so determined that I'm not going to stall here just because I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight :blush:

Good luck girls,

broddy21, ill shout at you, if you shout at me too :)

Eala I`d definatly prefer to go to the friendly one too, I dont know anything about curves, is it points, or cal counting?

Ok I walked miles around town, did lots of sale shopping :) I am a 18/20 on the bottom and a 18 on the top. For all you uk girls, I went in debenhams, and got 2 tops in a 16, 1 skirt in a 18 and 2 dresses in a 16 all for £3 each, in there 70% off section, recommend it :) and getting smaller sizes i thought would motivate me!

I looked at the wii EA active 2 and that is what i am going to go for i think. Going to wait and make sure it all works from my friend first, and will then get it, So excited!!!

I weighed in this morning:
SW:206.8 OMG!!!!
GW:133
Want to loose 5.4 stone or 74lbs

Was very healthy when mum and I had a drink in town, had green tea, while mum had a latte!!!

xxx

somebody kick me up the arse if i slack :lol: hey girls!!!

I'll join :) What day do we weigh in on?

starting weight: 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
Aiming to lose: 1.5 stone (21lbs)
loss this week:
current weight:
total loss:

I have an xbox kinect with The Biggest Loser and Kinest Sports so will be using that, and going for runs and watching my diet :)

I'm going to be detoxing as of Monday for a couple of days so I think the first week I will lose a fair bit but I'd like to maintain a healthy 2lbs a week weightloss :) Means I can hit my target by March .

I love it! What program are you doing?

I made one to focus on cardio, am on the challenging level :)

Would be interested in any cheap but healthy meal ideas for a fussy moo :)

Good luck girls,

Eala I`d definatly prefer to go to the friendly one too, I dont know anything about curves, is it points, or cal counting?

Curves is an exercise place :) You do a 30 minute workout, you get into the "fat burning" zone in terms of pulse rate, and then maintain it. You spend 30 seconds on a low-impact pad, jogging or doing aerobics, then 30 seconds on a machine, then 30 seconds on a pad, and so on. You end up doing 2 and a half "circuits" round all the different machines. Then you cool down, and do some stretches.

I think they give diet advice now as well, as part of the exercise programme. When I was there years ago, you had to sign up/pay to do an extra "Curves Diet" type thing, which was horrendous. You either went low-carb or low-protein, and followed their meal plans to the letter for X weeks, then went onto the next thing. It was so rigid, and going by the recipes etc was much more geared at a Canadian/American audience. That one was calorie counting, which I just don't do well with :blush:

I know that by keeping on top of taking my Metformin properly, I *can* lose weight, even just with diet alone. But it's faster with exercise, and I really want to get fit as well. I'll be just trying to eat what I eat normally, but cutting out the unhealthy snacks... My general diet isn't so bad, but I need to lose the crisps and chocolate :blush:

So... fingers crossed! And good luck to us all! We can SO do this ladies! :dance:

I started at 16 stone after baby was born, and am 13stone now (my ticker is trying to be motivational for me, I'm "starting" at 13 stone in this thread though :rofl:).

Current weight: 13 stone (182lbs)
Aiming to lose: 2.5 stone (35lbs) (initially!)

Oh well good luck with it. I was speaking to my friend today and we are going to see about joining a gym , argh bit scared as so unfit, but got to be worth a try!!!! I think you are right about the diet and exercise bit :) I love the choc and crisps too.

We are going out for new year tonight and having a meal, so bang goes the healthy eating, as I think i ordered choc sponge for pudding!!!!

Happy new year, we can all loose so weight in 2011 :) xxxxxxxx

Tomorrow!? Bloody hell, I was giving myself till Monday :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"