*~*The Journey has just begun for us ladies! Sticking together since 2010!!*~*

we dont. we have turkey for thanksgiving and ham for christmas. and we have a whole bunch of different deserts such as pinnapple upside down cake. i couldnt cook this stuff to save my life :haha: but it sure is good.

Oh see we have turkey and then ham but I don't eat either (well I take that back... I like to have turkey sanwhiches the next day) so I don't ever think about that. But the rest of the food and deserts are the same for us.

I'm usually in charge of the deserts so I was looking online and I'm going to attempt to make a brownie pecan pie! It sounds yummy!! And it's like my two favorite deserts smashed into one!! :D

I don't know if anyone remembers me from ages ago in this thread, but I wasn't sure if I'd be joining you all in January as we were living with hubby's parents whilst we were trying to find somewhere to live... Well we now have found a house to buy, hopefully all being well we'll be moving there in mid-January :happydance: So keep your fingers crossed for us!

I'm in the UK, so we don't do thanksgiving over here, but it always sounds like a lot of food and fun. A bit like Christmas I guess?! Nice to spend time with your family and friends. I've taken a couple of weeks off over Christmas, so I'll have plenty of time to relax.

Hi there and welcome!!
Yeah Thanksgiving dinner is usualy alot like Christmas
At least it is in my family
its a great holiday!!
LOL
~wanting some of Hodge's browing pecan pie~

Hey ladies,

We have turkey on thanksgiving and Gumbo on Christmas. I use to cook ham and all the trimmings. But one year I cooked a Gumbo and they were hooked. LOL

I like gumbo
just not sure its Christmas to me lol
BUT to each their own and if thats what your family likes then go for it :thumbup:

Hey ladies,

We have turkey on thanksgiving and Gumbo on Christmas. I use to cook ham and all the trimmings. But one year I cooked a Gumbo and they were hooked. LOL

Now see that's what I'm talking about!! When we lived in Mississippi our family would get together at my grandmother's house and gumbo was our main dish! Last year I made a big thing of it for dh's family's get together and only about 30% of them like it....

Now see that's what I'm talking about!! When we lived in Mississippi our family would get together at my grandmother's house and gumbo was our main dish! Last year I made a big thing of it for dh's family's get together and only about 30% of them like it....

Where is his family from? They can't be from the south. :haha:

Where is his family from? They can't be from the south. :haha:

They are all in middle tn... it was so strange becuase I just knew they would all love it! But nope... they were a little freaked out by it!

One week until THANKSGIVNIG!!!!!

Then we have 30 days until Christmas and then wait for it wait for it

January which for us it TTC month!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ok so I'm thinking we should do like a question of the day... Just to kind of get to know each other a little more and to keep everyone active on this page. Sound like a good idea?? Now, I know most of the ladies on this page already have kids but I still think the questions will be relevent since pregnancies are never the same! <--Or so I've heard :haha:

I guess I should have thought of a question before I started this, huh?

Let's see.......................

What is the one thing that you look forward to least and most about becoming pregnant??

For me--
Least- Having to give up my coffee. I drink so much of it!! I love having it through out they day.

Most- Feeling the baby kick for the first time...and have hiccups! :D That is something that I cannot wait to experince!!

Ok so I'm thinking we should do like a question of the day... Just to kind of get to know each other a little more and to keep everyone active on this page. Sound like a good idea?? Now, I know most of the ladies on this page already have kids but I still think the questions will be relevent since pregnancies are never the same! <--Or so I've heard :haha:

What is the one thing that you look forward to least and most about becoming pregnant??

For me--
Least- Having to give up my coffee. I drink so much of it!! I love having it through out they day.

Most- Feeling the baby kick for the first time...and have hiccups! :D That is something that I cannot wait to experince!!

First let me say this was a GREAT idea.

Least, is gaining more weight to my already full figure. LOL

Most, the baby kicks, round belly(just not the weight), and seeing the kicks while watching my belly.

For me--

First let me say this was a GREAT idea.

Least, is gaining more weight to my already full figure. LOL

Most, the baby kicks, round belly(just not the weight), and seeing the kicks while watching my belly.

Ohhh GREAT answers!! Can I take mine back and just say ditto to yours?!?! :haha:

Glad you like the idea!!

I hope everyone comes up with a few questions, because trying to think of one on the spot yesterday about drained me! :D

for me the thing I am looking fwd to the least is the waiting.
With me its a littel bit different I am worried I wont be able to be ecxited untill later when I see beating hb and stuff

what I am looking fwd to the most
is seeing a tiny beating HB on an US proving that my baby is in there happy and healthy and for the long run

DH comes home in 9 days :happydance:

So exciting!!! Are you planning anything special for him?

im going to rape him when he comes home lmao does that count for something special jk.

No we are going to the melting pot when he gets home. we talked about it last night. my aunt has a webcam so i got to see him last night and he got to see me. :mrgreen:

Oh I *love* the Melting Pot!! We go there every year for our anniversary!! And/or my birthday!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->