*~*The Journey has just begun for us ladies! Sticking together since 2010!!*~*

Least - unpleasant pregancy symptoms (sickness, fatness, labour!)

Most - seeing the scans, my husband's excitment.

Question of the day....

How long are you planning to wait before you tell your family and your friends?

We're waiting until I'm 12 weeks to tell anyone. Luckily I have this place because I would be completely lost!!! Not to mention--- CRAZY!!!! But our parents will be the first to know and then we'll tell our families (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) and then our close friends....and then everyone else (via facebook! :haha: )

I'm the same - at least 12 weeks, after the first scan. Parents first, then grandparents, then everyone else via facebook :D

It's my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in march, and I'm hoping to go away with my 3 aunts and grandparents to a wonderful hotel that we all love. I have this dream of sitting down to their celebratory dinner and announcing I'm pregnant. I just think that would be the perfect setting *sigh*

As long as possible! If i'm feeling really yuck and being sick, then it might have to be sooner than planned, but if not, then I'll definitely be waiting until we're given the all-clear at the 12 week scan. I'm hoping to hold out as long as possible before telling work.

What about names? Have you thought about any names?

Boy: Thomas, Christopher, Jamie
Girl: Summer, Grace, Katherine (but probably a diminutive form - Kitty, Katie etc.)

Sunflower, that would be a great way to tell them.

I am going to wait until 12 weeks as well and tell his sisters and mine family. Some people will just have to wait until I am showing. LOL I might tell it on FB as well.

I'm the same - at least 12 weeks, after the first scan. Parents first, then grandparents, then everyone else via facebook :D

It's my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in march, and I'm hoping to go away with my 3 aunts and grandparents to a wonderful hotel that we all love. I have this dream of sitting down to their celebratory dinner and announcing I'm pregnant. I just think that would be the perfect setting *sigh*

Oh that would be great!! I know we're ttc in January but I'm hoping to get pregnant by at least March or in March and tell everyone on Mother's Day :D

Hi,

Im waiting to try for number 2. I was going to leave it later then January because i felt guilty about getting pregnant so after returning back to work (in August). When Noah was born i took a full year mat leave plus an extra 5 weeks of holiday. Hence why feeling so guilty. xx

Hello ladies! I'm new and though we might ttc in December we are leaning toward January. We will also wait until after the first scan when we know everything is all right but our parents will be the first to know. We're pretty excited hope it doesn't take too long to conceive

we wont be TTC for a good while yet but fore sure i'd be telling parents first, for both mine and my OH parents they'd be first time gran parents so would be exciting :D

well because of my losses so far and remembering the support I both needed and recieved, we will tell people as we feel is needed.
MY BIL and SIL will be of the first to know. SIL had been awesome thru my mcs.
MY MIL anf FIL are one of the last to know usualy they find out after the MC
I will be deemed High risk and offered more US than MOST women.
SO I will probably get a US around 6 weeks to make sure there is a LO in there and hanging for the ride.
Goodness I wanna cry just thinking about it.
Any how the combo of my age wieght (I am not a little lady lol) and the fact that I have lost three and have MTHFR pushes me up on the risk list.
I look at it all and think about how technical this pregnancy is going to be.
Its funny because I wish there was no reason for it to be so high tech, but in the same respect after going thru 3 life shattering mcs I am kinda glad that I will get so many us to keep an eye on lo and make sure s/he is in there growing and hanging on.
I dont know yet where I stand on the amnio, its kinda scary but DH and I have discussed it and we decided we will wait till then to see how we feel then.
Any how as I get closer I become more insecure about it all and I didnt mean to vent on you guys but I am glad your here to let me
:hugs:

I really want to try to wait as long as possible to tell people, especially since I just had a friend who miscarried at 10 weeks. However I don't think I'll be able to NOT tell my mom. Hopefully just her knowing will get me through the difficulty of not being able to tell everyone right away.

We'll most likely do what we did last time....I told my parents, my sister and my closet friends right away. Then told everyone else at 11wks, after an ultrasound and hearing the hb. OH on the other hand told everyone he worked with at 4 wks. Lol. He was a bit excited!
I figure you tell who you'd want support from if something was to go wrong. (obviously not in OH's case, but for me I mean).
Names, we've had them picked for awhile...although we're still looking around to make sure they're 'the ones'. lol.

Hey ladies,

I hope all is well today.

I have a question of the day:

What will be the first thing you buy when you find out your are pregnant?
For me after the first trimester I plan to buy a lot of cute unisex clotes or maybe diapers. :shrug:

when I know I am pregnant for real, Hmmmmmm
probably a crib or something big that I know I wont get from a shower or handed down.
I have several friends with babies who all say "well if you have a.... I will totally hook you up"
but Crib, stroller, car seats and such are all big things I dont think I would be able to get elsewhere.
On the other hand maybe it will be something simple like a teddy bear for "the baby"

Well for me, I'll buy a pack of diapers. Not a big pack though! lol I have an idea of how I'm going to tell dh I'm pregnant and it envolves diapers. :D But as far as the actual first thing for the baby.... Well we plan on holding off until we know what we're having to buy anything. Then we'll go register. But I think a crib will probably be the first actual purchase that we make.

I always said I would be crib last. :shrug: IDK why just did.

Well ladies we almost have one holiday out of the way so the time is getting closer.

Sadly I won't be buying much as it's #2, I think I pretty much have most of it...and we won't find out the sex until the birth, so anything girlie I may need, I'll just have to wait! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->