*~*The Journey has just begun for us ladies! Sticking together since 2010!!*~*

FYI ladies... as if you weren't keeping up with it yourselves! lol

15 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Ok ladies. i have thought of a question.(Hope it hasn't already been asked)

How are you going to tell your oh that you are pregnant?

I already have a little girl who is 2 and half. i was thinking about buying a big sister t-shirt and have her wear it for when he comes back from work. see how long it takes him to notice.

I already have a little girl who is 2 and half. i was thinking about buying a big sister t-shirt and have her wear it for when he comes back from work. see how long it takes him to notice.

Such a cute idea.

I plan on testing with my husband present. So no big surprise there. I have been thinking about ways to tell my parents and in-laws. I have an Flames hockey shirt that says "Future Flames Fan" with an arrow and baby footprints over the belly. Hehehe. I have to give it some more thought though!

Well... I sort of stole this idea from another girl on here...somewhere... but dh leaves for work before I even get up in the morning. So, after I test and get a bfp I'm going to get a small pack of diapers and since I get home from work before him, he has night class, I'm going to move some of his underwear over and put some diapers in the drawer. Then, I'm going to make a little sign (on just a sheet of computer paper) that says "Move over daddy, it's time to make room for me!" and put it on top of the diapers. :D

For my parents... I'm not 100% sure yet. But for dh's parents we are going to do the video things. Where we get everyone together for a "family photo" which his family does ALL the time and instead of setting in on a picture it's set on video and when everyone is together and announce it on the count of three...ya know... "On the count of 3 everyone say ****** is pregnant" :haha:

Ok I have a QOTH but it's leads to 2 others so here ya go...

QOTH:

Will you be having your baby in a hospital or elsewhere? With a doctor or with a midwife? Using medicine or completely natural?
MY first two were with a midwife in the hospital with meds when i got pg with number 3 there were no more midwives in my town. I will go with a hosptial because I tested positive all three times with GBS and it worries me
Also with everything I have been thru up till now I will be high risk and have to. But its what I am most comfortable with so its all good!
Also I liked my Epidural. I will try again with out but am gonna say I enjoy that nap before pushing lol

lol - Hospital, whatever staff are usually on hand, and as many pain meds as they'll give me!!
:thumbup:

This is how were going to tell the rest of the family already have the shirt even!!!
DH will probably know right away, since I have to go have blood tests as soon as I get my BFP

That is a cute idea. I am not sure yet. This is his first baby so I might wrap the test in a gift box and have him open it up. :shrug:

I was thinking that I would take a picture of the positive test and send it to his phone with a message saying 'Congratulations Daddy!'

My OH is pretty up on those sort of things so he'll probably realise that I'm pregnant at the same time as me. But if he doesn't, it depends on the time of year. If I get my BFP in February, I'll get him two valentines cards. Otherwise I'll just tell him via text/ when I do the test. Family... well again it depends on the time of year, but if I'm 12 weeks in March then I'll tell all my family together at a meal we're going to be having

hi all my name is nikki and i am going to be ttc from janruary too xx

QOTH:
I will be having mine in a hospital! I had no pain meds before and I would really like to have a epidural but I will probally not I would rather not be sick while giving birth and most people I have talked to said they ended up sick. I have to say if you go natural, after each of my kids I felt so good! I was on like this baby high so I guess that is a positive to doing it natural!

I will be switching doctors this time! I will still be using a obgyn but one closer to my place of work. I tend to go quick once things get in a good pattern it's just the getting in that pattern that took a while with my second! Oh I cannot wait!!!!

Such a cute idea.

I plan on testing with my husband present. So no big surprise there. I have been thinking about ways to tell my parents and in-laws. I have an Flames hockey shirt that says "Future Flames Fan" with an arrow and baby footprints over the belly. Hehehe. I have to give it some more thought though!

Thank you ,No thats a lovely idea having your DH there with you when you test. Makes it really special.:hugs:

Well... I sort of stole this idea from another girl on here...somewhere... but dh leaves for work before I even get up in the morning. So, after I test and get a bfp I'm going to get a small pack of diapers and since I get home from work before him, he has night class, I'm going to move some of his underwear over and put some diapers in the drawer. Then, I'm going to make a little sign (on just a sheet of computer paper) that says "Move over daddy, it's time to make room for me!" and put it on top of the diapers. :D

For my parents... I'm not 100% sure yet. But for dh's parents we are going to do the video things. Where we get everyone together for a "family photo" which his family does ALL the time and instead of setting in on a picture it's set on video and when everyone is together and announce it on the count of three...ya know... "On the count of 3 everyone say ****** is pregnant" :haha:

That is a fab idea hodge, putting nappies in his draw. Although if it was me i would be acting weird hoovering around his draw asking him all the time if he needed a new set of underwear.:rofl: i wouldn't be able to wait.

i would like to tell dh in aspecial way when the time comes but i know i will just blurt it out haha i never can contain myself lol

That is a fab idea hodge, putting nappies in his draw. Although if it was me i would be acting weird hoovering around his draw asking him all the time if he needed a new set of underwear.:rofl: i wouldn't be able to wait.

Well dh has a very set schedule....when he gets home from work/school he grabs something to eat and less than an hour we go to bed. Before bed when we're getting ready he always gets out his underwear for the next day... I'll have to wait all day BUT at least I won't be around him for him to figure out that something is wrong. :D

Well dh has a very set schedule....when he gets home from work/school he grabs something to eat and less than an hour we go to bed. Before bed when we're getting ready he always gets out his underwear for the next day... I'll have to wait all day BUT at least I won't be around him for him to figure out that something is wrong. :D

phew! well thats good hun :thumbup:. Now lets get these :bfp: so we can put all our fab plans into action shall we ladies. Baby dust to all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->