• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread** PAL Babies born late Feb 2011

Hi girls! Checking in... Finally better....lost 15 lbs altogether.

I do FB while feeding the baby, lol. She's slept through the night the last 2 nights!!! Still not napping well. I did finally get her weighed and she's just over 17 lbs. Less than I thought!

A has 2 teeth and 1 on the way, so she's crabby off and on, but they don't seem to bother her all the time. She's eating all sorts of baby food now, but she's crazy for the food we are eating.

She has lots of runny noses too, but doesn't act sick.

Hope you all are well!

so what kind of foods are yous serving?

Lexi gets baby cereal
fruit puree for lunch
pureed veg and a fruit pudding for dinner
4 bottles of 6oz per day

so what kind of foods are yous serving?

Lexi gets baby cereal
fruit puree for lunch
pureed veg and a fruit pudding for dinner
4 bottles of 6oz per day

Was just coming here to ask the same thing!!

Aislinn drinks 4 oz bottles of formula as often as she wants them, usually every 2-3 hours during the day and a dream feed at 11pm. I believe 7-8 bottles a day usually.

She eats pureed fruits or veggies when the family eats dinner. She's had: bananas, avocado, pears, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, apples. She usually eats about 2-3oz of food. Occasionally baby cereal or baby cereal mixed with fruit, but I prefer she fill up on veggies/fruit rather than starch atm.

Otherwise I sometimes let her gnaw on a rice cake, crusty bread, or a piece of fruit in a mesh feeder. Beyond that she's really only doing one meal/day. She's also done OK with tiny pieces of bread & noodles that I've shared with her, but they are so small they are almost microscopic!

She usually takes 2-3 oz of water from a cup over the course of the day also.

Hi all, just saying a quick hello while I have a quiet moment!

I just weighed Jude and he is 19lb - still no teeth to speak of! He is loving his grub and is on 3 meals a day. I usually do baby cereal at breakfast, veggies such as sweet potato, parsnip and carrots at lunch and banana or some fruit thing at teatime. He is also drinking about 24 ounces of formula and bf at night.

At the moment he is sleeping from 8pm until 4am, then after that he is every 2 hours until I give in and get up. Hopefully when i start giving him protein such as chicken and fish in a couple of weeks, this might help him sleep right through. Fingers crossed.

Glad you had a great holiday in Spain Kathleen - I had to cancel my trip to the states as my DH got a new job but we are booked to go at Thanksgiving. This weekend I am going to a place called Bellachantuy with my sister and our kids...we sure picked the weekend, weatherwise!!

xx

hey all! :)

J's asleep on my lap - she hasn't done that in ages, so cute!

Still no joy with bottles here :-(

She will usually have a BF in the middle of the night and one in the morning. she then has a bowl of prune porridge (prune puree mixed with baby cereal) for brekkie, a BF mid morning, pureed veggies for lunch with a few sips of water out of a cup. then she has a bottle in the afternoon (she will take 2oz max and mostly because she chews on the teet and swallows it that way!) dinner is usually fruit and rice and then a BF at bedtime.

am getting her weighed this week but she seems happy enough so trying not to stress so much about how much milk she is getting as she is thriving so little breastfeeds are obv enough for her.

we were supposed to be in london this weekend but cancelled cos of all the riots so just having a quiet one!

i keep thinking not long until back at work...time has gone so quick! what are you all doing about work? i work freelance so can just go back slowly but will miss the money! also i have no childcare so think i'm going to be really tired lol!

ladies.. since having your LO's are you losing LOTS AND LOTS of hair when you wash in?

I have lost so much i could have made myself a wig by now!

Someone told me when we have a baby we grow all new hair, so this would make sense

ladies.. since having your LO's are you losing LOTS AND LOTS of hair when you wash in?

I have lost so much i could have made myself a wig by now!

Someone told me when we have a baby we grow all new hair, so this would make sense

My doctor told me when I was pg with my first that normally you shed 20-200 hairs per day. When you are pregnant you shed less or sometimes no hair, but once the pg hormones are gone it can all fall at once.

I haven't noticed a difference with this baby, but with my older two and with my miscarriages it was very dramatic.

Hi all!

Glad everything is good.....the hair thing...yes i am losing loads of hair right now. It is everywhere!

I am not going back to work till Jan 16th.....money pretty tight but i am so glad to be at home with Jude instead of sending him to nursery so young.

He slept fron 7.30 until 3.30 last night, then back down until 6.30 so improving!! Wish i could go to bed early to get the benefit!! xx

ditto on the hair front - or lack of it as it will soon be at the rate i'm losing it!

So how is everyone 6months in?

I am back to work in about 5weeks - Booo
Time really has flown by. My bro and sis in law are due their wee IVF baby in Nov, so theyr will be a new wee baby on the scene soon! lexi will look like a monster conpaired to him/her!

lexi is now on 3 meals a day and 4 bottles, although the 2 bottles in the middle of the day I have started decreasing and will soon stop.

She goes to bed 6pm - 6.30pm until approx 8am..............she is such a good wee sleeper. im very lucky. When we came back from Spain, i thought she would be well out of her routine, but no she went back to it no probs.

Lets post some updated pics

Lexi and big sister Sophie.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
She's so adorable! Lucky mama, 2 very pretty girls!

So how is everyone 6months in?

I am back to work in about 5weeks - Booo
Time really has flown by. My bro and sis in law are due their wee IVF baby in Nov, so theyr will be a new wee baby on the scene soon! lexi will look like a monster conpaired to him/her!

lexi is now on 3 meals a day and 4 bottles, although the 2 bottles in the middle of the day I have started decreasing and will soon stop.

She goes to bed 6pm - 6.30pm until approx 8am..............she is such a good wee sleeper. im very lucky. When we came back from Spain, i thought she would be well out of her routine, but no she went back to it no probs.

Lets post some updated pics

Wow she really is a great sleeper!

We are doing 3 meals a day now, and 5-6 5 oz bottles. She's sleeping 9pm, feed at midnight and then sleeping until 8. No real pattern to naps yet, but I'm hoping she will decide to take a nice long nap every afternoon.

I am still home with the kids, but I have so much to do. Dh is taking on more contracting clients which means more paperwork for me, and 3 different ladies want me to make them quilts. I have so much to do in the garden, and I'm trying to start training for a mini triathlon....plus I want to brush up on Spanish (learned in college, but I can't speak it) and do sign language with A....trying to pace myself because there's always too much to do!!

WOW, ur 1 busy lady! You must be shattered?

Upload some pics of A...

Ha, well looks like the triathlon is out--since my knee injury 2 years ago, I'm not coming back well with running, and the pool is closed for renovations.

I've actually been feeling really good lately, like I'm finally normal again for the first time since before I got pregnant. I've been getting so much done.

I posted a video of A climbing the stairs on my FB page.

awww beautiful babies! Lexi looks like you Kathleen!

Sophia - I cannot believe how mobile A is! That video is amazing! Juliette is rolling all over and sort of shuffles backwards but is nowhere near crawling yet!

Here are some pics taken a couple of days ago!

Attachments

• SAM_0373.jpg
    SAM_0373.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SAM_0344.jpg
    SAM_0344.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
You both have such pretty babies!

A needs to calm down! She is very mobile and its hard because I cannot turn my back for even a second! She just wants to be moving all the time.

We were outside today and a wasp landed on her chin and she freaked out. I thought she had been stung because she was shrieking and very upset for a long time. But I can't find a mark or a welt so I think it must have just scared her.

the wasps are everywhere right now!!

I cannot believe A is crawling about so much. Lexi cannot even sit up by herself yet!

Morning Girls...

Aislinn is cutting 4 teeth at once, and now she has a fever of 102. Looks like we are heading in to the pediatrician this morning to see if she has an ear infection or what. Poor baby didn't sleep much at all last night.

How much do your babies eat as far as solids/formula these days? Aislinn drinks 24-28 oz of formula a day now, and usually eats 3 meals of 4 oz or so of purees and then little bits of whatever we are eating. She loves bread and muffins!

Ladies, what if we made a FB group so our comments would just appear in our news feeds? Would that be easier for anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->