~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Steph, that necklace is so wonderful!

Zomo, I am going to use all of next year's vacation and sick leave which will be 3 weeks at the most. I have a bit in savings to pay the bills with. After that is up to God if I will go back to work or not. I REALLY don't want to. I feel like I have been waiting for this baby all my life and I want to enjoy every moment but without my income things will be rough.

I guess time will tell.

Question for everyone... is BNB all wonky for you? It looks weird to me like everything is pushed to the center.

Oh crap I was finding it hard to rem everyone and to help me I've just deleted my whole msg! Crap crap crap!!!!!

Erm where did I start-ttc-yay to seeing you and good luck. Is anyone trying any soy, aspirin or cough mixture? Or any other things?

Steph, necklace is beautiful, hope you got some sleep last night. I know I didnt with my cheeky ds!!! That new ticker is fab!

Layne-no wonky page for me but I'm on my phone so poss diff?

RB-yay for lots of bding!!! :)
DT :hugs: for due date and recent family loss, what a shitty week. Hope you get some great news in a couple of days!
Going to post this and read some more!!xxx

Hi ladies slept much better last night only my 2 ds's sneaked in bed last night! Had a couple inches more room at least!

Glad everyone is well layne i haven't worked for last four years to have my babies and keep them at home full time. It has been tough we have had to give up a lot of luxuries we used to take for granted and some months have been a struggle now our savings are at zero. I have recently got a couple of part time jobs for when my dh is at home its not that well paid but that little extra money really helps! I wouldn't change it though i love being a full time parent and part time employee ha! Good luck to you hun.

Good luck to all the ttc ladies i think we are overdue some bfps! Afm i haven't done anything this cycle no extra help, i'm feeling very chilled out about it all.

Steph~ That locket is so pretty!

DT~ Sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather:hugs:

Layne~ I noticed that BnB was screwy too. Everything was centered. Luckily its back to normal!

dimples~ Can't believe you haven't started to feel really good yet! I feel for you! Hope it improves and you get a 2nd tri break!

As far as maternity leave goes, yep it definetly sucks here! I get 6 weeks of disability (8 if its a C section) at 60% of my pay and the rest of the time I have to use my vacation. I'll get about 9 1/2 weeks total. Layne, you don't get disability? I thought that was pretty standard.:shrug: Unfortunately, I have no choice but to go back to work. Luckily I can work at home more:happydance:

AFM, having lots of *growing pains*. Woke up early this morning to strange pains in my rib cage and chest. Its not very pleasant! I feel like I'm going to explode:wacko: Also been super nauseous the last few days! :dohh:

Aww mrs j hope your growing pains don't last too long! Sorry you don't have much maternity leave or pay here. In the uk it is pretty normal to take a full year off for maternity with state support. You don't get a fortune but it is enough to keep you ticking along! Also you get extra help if you decide to return to work on reduced hours and pay or if you give up work and your partner works full time. You can also get 80% of your childcare costs paid for you if you work 20 hours or more a week.

We are lucky ladies!

thanks guys xx
hi everyone.
I got AF today - 5 days early at 10dpo, having started spotting at 7dpo
i really dont know what is going on....i didnt take soy this month
has this happened to anyone else?
Gutted, as was praying that we got our BFP the month of our due date, but not this month, so onwards and upwards
xxxxxx

Steph - that locket is beautiful!

DT - sorry to hear about DH's grandfather, and AF. :(

Dimples - hope you're well :hugs:

I really do hate maternity leave here. A "friend" of ours went back 6 weeks exactly after having her baby boy. I want at least 8 weeks, and I'll be saving up my vaca & sick time to do that. I get 3 weeks of vaca a year, and I already have 160 hours of sick time accumulated, so I should hopefully be set for at least 8 weeks. I would love for longer, maybe 10. Not sure if they'll let me use sick time, but I'll beg and plead. I've also asked my boss if I can work 2 days from home, and he said 1 would be fine, 2 we'll have to see. So, hoping that works out when the time comes. I would LOVE to have a year off to spend with my baby!

here once u r employed wit the gov i believe once u are insured u have 13 weeks with a grant of $2400 and a weekly pay that they pay u in a lump sum...and after the maternity leave is insufficient time 4 u u can use ur holidays or your sick leave..recently on the newspapers there was a woman that had 2 years of sick leave and holidays saved up and together with her maternity leave she stayed home 4 about 2 years i tink..(minimum holiday is 1 month and sick leave is 2 weeks/ 14 days)..but i have nt worked in such a long time and dh told me that i dont hav 2 the only job he really loves 4 me is 2 take care of the baby.:kiss::kiss::kiss:so sweet...so we agreed that wen he/she goes out 2 skool i will go bak out 2 wk...i dont mind this is my 1st baby and i dont ever want to leave him alone..

DT- I am so sorry the witch got you...

Tweak - nice work getting them to let you work form home a few days! I am going to try and get that to happen too as there is really no reason for me to be at work. I have everything I need to do my job from home and would prefer that as I don't like "people" in general. :p

Tweak - nice work getting them to let you work form home a few days! I am going to try and get that to happen too as there is really no reason for me to be at work. I have everything I need to do my job from home and would prefer that as I don't like "people" in general. :p

Exactly! I have a laptop and all my paperwork can be brought home with me. The office is only 15 min away if I ever need to get anything too. The only issue is the travelling to other stores, but I can get those in 3 days a week. I'm supposed to go to each of the 5 other stores once a month. We'll see what happens I guess. My main boss is super supportive - he knows I work hard and will work hard even after a baby. I've proved myself, and I think that's why he's lenient about it all. He's also supportive once I get pregnant again - any time off I need or whatever, as long as the outcome will be a healthy baby.

Still puking here...sigh.

I'm a social worker, and we get paid squat in the states. I also work part-time so that I can be home two days a week with my son, so I do not get an holiday, sick, or vacation time. I can make my own hours, I have a flexible schedule, but I only get paid if I work. I work at a school, so when the baby comes in april I will have 5 months off, as it's hard to get new clients in the summer. I will start work again in the fall. So I have 5 months off, w/ 0 pay. Australia is the same as the UK, it's so common for women to take a year off, and get paid. SOOO nice!!! Women in the states still have a LONG ways to go!!! Thankfully, my husband has a good job, so 5 months off is do-able.

I'm watching the Tigers vs. Yankees last game to decide who's in the World Series...the game is giving me ulcers. My husband is drinking beer, and I have tea...something wrong w/ that picture. :)

Mrs. J~I feel ya on those growing pains! I had them for a few days...not fun. Sorry you are feeling sick again. I know you have been so excited to be feeling better!

DT~Sorry AF came! :( *hugs*

Tweak~thanks for say hi and thinking of me. :) I hope you are well too!

Aw, Ducktales -- sorry about AF. :hugs:

Dimples, I hope you don't have to endure too much more MS. It's gotta ease up soon!

Steph..beautiful locket :hugs:

DT...sorry AF came early..I haven't experienced this so can't answer sorry :hugs: When is your due date? :hugs for then too if you are not around on here

Dimples...sorry you're still :sick:

MrsJ...growing pains..all exciting if it wasnt so painful :wacko:

LB...how are you doing? :hugs:

:hi: to all

XxX

Australia is the same as the UK, it's so common for women to take a year off, and get paid.

I want to work there :haha: - definitely won't be getting paid for 12 months leave here in Australia. I am entitled to 12 months off without losing my job and the government recently introduced 16 weeks at minimum wage paid by the government. My work is pretty good as they will top up the amount from the government to my normal wage for 12weeks. I am hoping with annual leave I might be able to make it 5-6months before I have to go back to work. That is the plan currently and part of the reason why I am hoarding my holidays (currently have 5 weeks owing to me).

I have to say I didn't realise that you don't get any maternity leave in the states - that just seems ridiculous in this day.

I think I am currently cd7 and waiting to ovulate. Hoping that DH is better before then - currenlty has bronchitis and is quite sick. I am exhausted - too many nights disturbed by his coughing. TGIF!!!!!!

:hugs: to everyone!

LB...how are you doing? :hugs:

I'm fine, halfway through the 2WW, so now is the time for me to start making myself crazy. :)

Mouse, I hope you guys are healthy in a couple of days so TTC can be easy and fun! All the guys in this house have a cold, and I have a feeling I'll be getting it next. :(

Australia is the same as the UK, it's so common for women to take a year off, and get paid.

I want to work there :haha: - definitely won't be getting paid for 12 months leave here in Australia. I am entitled to 12 months off without losing my job and the government recently introduced 16 weeks at minimum wage paid by the government. My work is pretty good as they will top up the amount from the government to my normal wage for 12weeks. I am hoping with annual leave I might be able to make it 5-6months before I have to go back to work. That is the plan currently and part of the reason why I am hoarding my holidays (currently have 5 weeks owing to me).

I have to say I didn't realise that you don't get any maternity leave in the states - that just seems ridiculous in this day.

Maybe that's what it was an "entitlement." B/c I was looking into nannying when I live there and it seemed like most mom's were heading back to work after being home for a year. That would be great if you could squeeze 5-6 months off. I wish the U.S took better care of their working-mothers!

Well I have just had my friend come round who is on maternity leave at the moment. She has worked out that if she drops her hours to 30 per week, she can fit her 20 week shift pattern with her hubbys 5 week pattern to only have to pay 10 hous childcare per month which has given me hope for the same (all 4 of us work in the same place). My next worry is if I manage to somehow afford 6 months maternity leave, how on earth can we afford part time working or childcare as we dont have any family local to help out. I am sure that it will all work in the end somehow. Am thinking I may have to change jobs though. Lots of worries before baby even gets here!!

Sweet Angel, How did your appointment go? Did you finally get to see baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->