~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Whoop whoop for some nookie zomo, I had a bit of action too but it made me so tired!

Dimples, hope all is ok and the protein is a one off not an indicator of pre eclampsia or anything. Yes the bfp's are in stephs and Andreas journals.xxxx

Hi girls,
Dimples hope you are ok
Congrats again Steph and Never.
I started a journal today, think it might help me from going crazy
we will see !
xxx

Yay for steph and andrea again!!! Great to see some BFPs on this thread again!!! :happydance:

Dimples i hope you are ok x x

Ducktales - Funny timing! I started a journal today too for exactly the same reason! I just needed to get stuff down to stop me from going crazy!!! How you doing hun??? x x

Whoop whoop for some nookie zomo, I had a bit of action too but it made me so tired!

And a bit more this morning...he clearly has reverted to thinking with something other than his brain :haha: No tiredness for me, I leave him to do all the work!!

Have any ladies on here ever had or thought about having water births? Have been reading up and watching youtube vids and am just wondering about any of your experiences or general thoughts on them?

I attempted a water birth with my second but unfortunately got in a little too soon and it slowed my labour down. Man it was relaxing though if you like relaxing in a warm bath i would recommend it. I would have got back in towards the end to deliver but everything happened a bit too quickly!

And a bit more this morning...he clearly has reverted to thinking with something other than his brain :haha: No tiredness for me, I leave him to do all the work!!

Have any ladies on here ever had or thought about having water births? Have been reading up and watching youtube vids and am just wondering about any of your experiences or general thoughts on them?

I have been thinking about a water birth.
Warm water really helps my back pain so I think it's something I would enjoy
Just concerns me a bit that the midwifed etc can't really see what's going on!

Woody they don't really look until you are actively pushing more just observe you and the frequency of contractions and how you are coping. I believe they use a torch and a mirror to get a good view during delivery

I tried for a water birth with my DD but like Steph I got in a bit soon and it REALLY slowed things down. Then I wouldn't get out!!
I'd say they are definitely worth a go, and if you think you would like it definitely try it out but be aware that it can slow your labour down.

Has anyone got any interesting thoughts on birth plans? Ideas for pain relief etc? I'm fishing for ideas here!!!

:hi: Hannah

Thank you for all your lovely congrats...still in denial here and just taking each day as it comes.

I am still around, just don't get as much time to reply people these days sorry :wacko:

Happy weekend all :flower:

XxX

Water sounds good but I'm not enjoying these stories of it slowing labour!x

Do we have to have a birth plan? I just thought he'd come out when he wanted and I'd be in the hospital cussing my family out. What all do I need to plan for? I am sorry to sound so dumb but I am serious.

I did one for ds, didn't go as planned but certain things were stuck to and midwife helped me remember what I wanted. I planned a home birth but ended up in hosp. I wrote into my plan about having a cut if necessary, only wanting gas n air, having skin to skin straight away, having the injection for placenta etc. it just meant midwife didn't have to ask me things I may yell at her for because I thought they were obvious!
Xxx

I did one for ds, didn't go as planned but certain things were stuck to and midwife helped me remember what I wanted. I planned a home birth but ended up in hosp. I wrote into my plan about having a cut if necessary, only wanting gas n air, having skin to skin straight away, having the injection for placenta etc. it just meant midwife didn't have to ask me things I may yell at her for because I thought they were obvious!
Xxx

What is "injection for placenta"

When you are about to deliver they inject some syntometrine i think its called into your thigh which helps the uterus to contract and the placenta be delivered quickly with the minimum bleeding. I have had it 3 times without noticing because they tend to do it when baby is crowning and you are distracted x

When you are about to deliver they inject some syntometrine i think its called into your thigh which helps the uterus to contract and the placenta be delivered quickly with the minimum bleeding. I have had it 3 times without noticing because they tend to do it when baby is crowning and you are distracted x

Thank you. Does it cause negative side effects or anything?

P.S. ladies with sons, where can I buy cute boy clothes? My options here are limited to TJ Maxx and Walmart...

Sorry layne, the injection is as steph said and I didn't notice having it or any side effects, in fact I barely remember delivering placenta as was cuddling little man!

Cute Boy clothes are hard! There is a great online site, vertbaudet -think that's spelt correctly?!?x

I don't think there are any risksor drawbacks from having the injection however you can go natural and deliver the placenta naturally but this can take a lot longer (maybe up to an hour or so) and there usually is increased blood loss and a slight more risk of haemorrhage. I think if I were writing my birth plan again and i were planning a natural as possible delivery then i wouldn't have the injection. However if i were going to have injections etc for pain relief anyway i would go for it again.

Thank you. Does it cause negative side effects or anything?

P.S. ladies with sons, where can I buy cute boy clothes? My options here are limited to TJ Maxx and Walmart...

I buy stuff from Target a lot, but I LOVE the stuff from H&M. Not sure if you can order online.

Thanks for all the info! So SO SO much to think about!

Have been MIA for a while but wanted to congratulate Steph on her BFP.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"