~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

To be fair with Henry I had minimal symptoms, no nausea or sickness at all and not much else that I can remember apart from feeling a little run down and I didn't realize I was actually pregnant until I was 8 weeks, although at the time I only thought I was four weeks :dohh:

This time apart from getting up to pee in the night and being a little tired nothing at all this week. I've felt a little bit nauseous now and then and sometimes my nipples are a bit sore but this comes and goes.

I am 100% not worried, I've had no negative signs...no bleeding, no cramping so I'm just enjoying this pregnancy for what it is at 5 weeks there's a long way to go so we've got to be patience, let the baby grow and develop and we will soon be seeing them on the scan screen, then feeling them jiggling about and kicking!

Heather you are going to be fine x have you had any boy/girl feelings?

Thank you for being so reassuring. I can't seem to get enough of the reassurance these days... I just wish I could find peace and relax a bit, but I am coming up on the 6th week and that's when I lost my angel in March. I am feeling like it could be a boy because of the lack of sickness and stuff... Girls seem to make people more sick. But the Chinese gender calender says girl.... You????

I'm predicted a boy, I'm not really bothered either way but my daughter is desperate for a sister...she thinks I'm having two babies, two girls and I should call them Caroline Grace 2 and Caroline Grace 3...:haha:

If its one thing I've learned over the last few years is every pregnancy is different and different people respond to pregnancy hormones in different ways. It is just as normal to feel great during early pregnancy as it is to feel dreadful and be sick every two minutes.

While sickness might be reassuring all you need to focus on is that your baby is growing great, history will not repeat itself, you have faith that your body knows what it is doing and its doing a great job growing new life. Its a very strenuous job to do that but you are young, healthy and with great fitness level, your body is better equipped to handle the stresses of pregnancy than certainly mine! :thumbup:

Thanks guys, my boss is being a prick. Considering he lost a baby at 6 months and he knows how desperate I am for this baby, you would think he would be a bit more understanding.

I think I have the anti-pregnancy cat! he has been a constant lap cat for years, always wanting to be sat on me all the time. For the last few weeks he wont even sleep on the bed with me. He has sat on me a few times but it is out of character for him to be so distant and unheard of not to sleep on the bed with me.

Sthorp - is it standard for your docs to see you at 5 weeks? Mine dont want to see me until I am 8 weeks. Ladies who have kiddiwinks, what can I expect from the first midwife appointment?

MrsHJO - join Team Stress Free, use it as a chant until the bad and anxious thoughts go away. I was screaming TEAM STRESS FREE over and over and over at myself (in my head) whilst my boss was on true form earlier and it worked!!!!!

hi all
10dpo and BFN on FMU and just now...
still same symptoms but am feeling out
had my BFP last time at 11dpo and had a LOT more cramping... however it ended in MC so maybe it wasnt a good indicator of symptoms
how is everyone this evening ?
xx

Lwood, my cat is sleeping on my lap-he never sleeps on me!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! FXed!!!

A lady just came into my work with two sets of twins! Aged 8 and 3! Have Mercy!!!

Thanks guys, my boss is being a prick. Considering he lost a baby at 6 months and he knows how desperate I am for this baby, you would think he would be a bit more understanding.

I think I have the anti-pregnancy cat! he has been a constant lap cat for years, always wanting to be sat on me all the time. For the last few weeks he wont even sleep on the bed with me. He has sat on me a few times but it is out of character for him to be so distant and unheard of not to sleep on the bed with me.

Sthorp - is it standard for your docs to see you at 5 weeks? Mine dont want to see me until I am 8 weeks. Ladies who have kiddiwinks, what can I expect from the first midwife appointment?

MrsHJO - join Team Stress Free, use it as a chant until the bad and anxious thoughts go away. I was screaming TEAM STRESS FREE over and over and over at myself (in my head) whilst my boss was on true form earlier and it worked!!!!!

I actually saw my GP last week and he said to just book in with the midwife which is what I did today, got my green notes and she filled in the referral for my hospital visit and scans. I think in most areas you can just phone your GP office and ask to see the midwife and not go through the GP at all. Its worth asking! I'm sure most midwives would be happy to have a chat with you and put some of your fears to rest.

Zomo, don't think it's standard to see you until further on, steph must have winked at the dr?!
As for first midwife appt, lots of boring questions-family histories on both sides of heart conditions stuff like that, lots of form filling in. If you've had bloods done they'll get results and add to notes. Give you info and hand held notes. Make next appt. Think that's about it but sure it changes in areas! Do you have a date for yours?

Ducktales, sorry you got a bfn but rem every egg is different, this one may not have implanted yet. It's gd that you have diff symptoms than mc pregnancy!

Heather, you can try hard not to worry and you know all the rational arguments about why you won't mc this time. For example i've had 4 prregnanncies that ended, i've got three children and one angel, the chances are 75% in my favour to have a healthy pregnancy this time.

You have to believe in your heart and head that everything will be ok, push all negativity away and focus on staying as healthy as you can for yourself and your baby. To be this hormonal and emotional is normal and its a good sign that your pregnancy is normal too, if you want to look at it like that.

Be strong.

See and you thought all your symptoms had disappeared :haha: poor dh! :rofl:

Cornish - the cat HPT is sounding promising, my cat Mia also is very lovey dovey with me and she is definitely not a lap cat! :thumbup:

Moonbeam I ovulated on CD 11 but I had EWCM 3 days leading up to it, I say if you have EWCM its worth BDing to get some :spermy: waiting for that egg!

LB - Excellent symptoms, is the tiredness new or do you think its the progesterone? I have my fingers crossed that HPT goes to a strong positive for you :flower:

ZoMo - I'm sorry your boss is being an arse, but stick to your guns, it isn't fair or in your best interests to be working unreasonable hours in pregnancy.

I think it's the progesterone. :( Thanks for continuing to hold out hope for me. My hope is dwindling...

Cornish - the cat HPT is sounding promising, my cat Mia also is very lovey dovey with me and she is definitely not a lap cat! :thumbup:

Moonbeam I ovulated on CD 11 but I had EWCM 3 days leading up to it, I say if you have EWCM its worth BDing to get some :spermy: waiting for that egg!

LB - Excellent symptoms, is the tiredness new or do you think its the progesterone? I have my fingers crossed that HPT goes to a strong positive for you :flower:

ZoMo - I'm sorry your boss is being an arse, but stick to your guns, it isn't fair or in your best interests to be working unreasonable hours in pregnancy.

Thank you for being so reassuring. I can't seem to get enough of the reassurance these days... I just wish I could find peace and relax a bit, but I am coming up on the 6th week and that's when I lost my angel in March. I am feeling like it could be a boy because of the lack of sickness and stuff... Girls seem to make people more sick. But the Chinese gender calender says girl.... You????

I'd heard that too -- about girls making you have more morning sickness. I really thought DS2 was a girl because I felt like crap for most of the pregnancy. With DS1, I felt awesome! Invincible!

I hope the next week is easy on you. We want that bean to stick! I checked the Chinese gender calendar and it was right for DS2 but wrong for DS1.

Come on ladies, we will get our bfp's!!! And to the pregnant ladies, I hope you all relax and enjoy your bean. :hugs: to all and a bucket load of pma!xxx

I'm predicted a boy, I'm not really bothered either way but my daughter is desperate for a sister...she thinks I'm having two babies, two girls and I should call them Caroline Grace 2 and Caroline Grace 3...:haha:

Aw, I love this story! I know some kids who always predict the gender correctly -- maybe you are having twin girls!

Lwood, my cat is sleeping on my lap-he never sleeps on me!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! FXed!!!

A lady just came into my work with two sets of twins! Aged 8 and 3! Have Mercy!!!

Oh-my- LORD!! I would have a nervous breakdown if I had 2 sets!:wacko:

Maybe she intentionally waited 5 years before TTC again! The nice thing is that they become more independent as they get older. At 5, DS1 can do a lot of his night routine without any help from me. He was 3.5 when DS2 was born and since then has always helped me.

Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well! As for me, I have a nasty cold that is currently kicking my butt.

Mrs_HJO~ I was really sick w/ my son's pregnancy, and then I had 2 MCs after that. 1, I know was a boy from the testing the Drs. did, and the other pregnancy I had a 99% inclination that it was a boy as well...and I was VERY sick w/ both of those pregnancies also. So sick for me right now=boy! :) I don't know what a pregnancy is like w/ a girl...hasn't happened yet.

I am currently on CD9...I have ovulated on CD 11, and CD 14...so we shall see. I did not temp last month, and I don't think I will this month either. I'm trying to take some of the "pressure" off of trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->