~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Lovely to see you around and taking the relaxed approach dimples.x

Hi dimples! Good luck taking it easy this month, and I hope your cold clears up ASAP!

Ugh. I am feeling a pinch in my uterus area and some cramps... trying not to stress... So much for my great mood.

According to my log of my last preganacy, I should be getting sore BBS tomorrow!

Ladies, is a midwife a UK thing? No one has ever mentioned a midwife to me...

LWood, I have been getting AF-like cramps for the last 2 weeks and I will get the pinching in my right ovary area every now and then as well. :flower:

I am relaxed up until 2-3 days before AF arrives, then I still find myself testing b/c something will be a little "off" or I'll get an evap on a test. Other than that, I'm alright :)

LWood, yes I think midwives are more common in the UK, Australia, etc. You can have them in the U.S, but it's not as common, probably why no one mentioned it to you.

Lwood- in the UK our maternity system is based around midwifery care during a normal low risk pregnancy and birth you will probably not see a doctor at all. You see midwives in the hospital, and the community for your routine checkups and midwives handle the labour, delivery and are responsible for your care post natally for 4 weeks and they visit you at home after discharge from hospital.

Imo midwives are fantastic compassionate women (mostly there are a few male midwives too) who are strong advocates for natural, active birth and an excellent support in labour.

To be fair with Henry I had minimal symptoms, no nausea or sickness at all and not much else that I can remember apart from feeling a little run down and I didn't realize I was actually pregnant until I was 8 weeks, although at the time I only thought I was four weeks :dohh:

This time apart from getting up to pee in the night and being a little tired nothing at all this week. I've felt a little bit nauseous now and then and sometimes my nipples are a bit sore but this comes and goes.

I am 100% not worried, I've had no negative signs...no bleeding, no cramping so I'm just enjoying this pregnancy for what it is at 5 weeks there's a long way to go so we've got to be patience, let the baby grow and develop and we will soon be seeing them on the scan screen, then feeling them jiggling about and kicking!

Heather you are going to be fine x have you had any boy/girl feelings?

I keep reading this over and over steph…thank you..it is reassuring to me...
I feel like I have NO symptoms the last 2 days…. :(
My boobs are only sore when im wearing a bra and when I press them….
I have no other symptoms really…I thought I'd be feeling something more at this stage….my boobs were soooo much sorer the day BEFORE I got my true bfp at 12 dpo…..

But just trying to be positive and I do honestly keep reading this Steph so thank you…

I guess it is good to know that you me and mrs hjo arent feeling much at the moment….im just greatful to have made it to 5 weeks…and hopefully come 6 weeks we will all be feeling very sick! Lol

xoxoxoxo

Babybaba- we are all around the same gestation and all our symptoms have faded, do you not think thats a bit of a coincidence? Maybe we are all the lucky ones who sail through the first trimester but maybe our symptoms will come back with a vengance in a week or so. Don't worry about it we are all here in it together, we are all going through the same thing and we will all be holding our babies in February! :hugs:

Wow I don't think I will miss not reading this thread more regularly - it has taken me about an hour to read all the posts I hadn't got to. :dohh:

Good luck to all the BFPs.

Currently in the TWW myself and trying (and failing miserably) not to symptom spot. Have felt a bit nauseous at night the last couple of nights - but that is more than likely due to stress at work. :dohh:

Babybaba- we are all around the same gestation and all our symptoms have faded, do you not think thats a bit of a coincidence? Maybe we are all the lucky ones who sail through the first trimester but maybe our symptoms will come back with a vengance in a week or so. Don't worry about it we are all here in it together, we are all going through the same thing and we will all be holding our babies in February! :hugs:

:hugs: :flower:
oh steph you've no idea how much your positivity has lifted my spirits!!!
Thank you!! It means so much to have you guys as supprory! Your right steph we are all in this together!! I'm so happy to have you ladies in my life!
Thank you!!
Xoxoxo

I have enough positivity for everyone, sure i've had my wobbles along the way but I know in my heart we are all going to get through this and have fantastic pregnancies, big bumps, stretch marks, bad backs and everything else but when you hold that baby at the end it will all be worth every second.

Now stop worrying and enjoy feeling normal cos very soon you will be feeling like crap again! :haha:

Steph, you are a HUGE help, Thank you!!

Okay, today's symptoms...I am gassy and I had...a sex dream! :blush:

Has this happened to any of you? I had them last time as well. I feel kind of embarrassed but if I can't say it here... where else can I say it...

Totally normal :blush: and the gas too i'm afraid, although you do get to get some revenge on your oh!

LOL @gassy...im very gassy today too...i was at the drinks machine in work...and one slipped out....and i was SOOO GLAD that nobody was nearby!! because that would have been very embarassing!!!

well......DH and I havent had sex since we got our proper BFP on Sunday....now normally we have sex ALOT.... rarrghh....
But since the bfp, we are too nervous to dtd in case anything happens....i know its prob silly....but its making us feel like we are doing everything we can to protect our wee bean growing inside....i spoke to my friend who is pregnant too and she said on her first pregnancy she "starved" her husband until after the 12 week scan! LOL

what about you guys?
xoxo

We have had regular sex throughout every pregnancy i've had, unless you've had any bleeding in this pregnancy it is perfectly safe.

Babybaba,
We didn't last time because the doc told us not to (because of the three babies). Hubby has been out of town so we haven't yet but we probably won't until after our first trimester. There are other ways to please a man so I am not to worried :wink:

Hello everyone. :flower:

How are all you 2wwers doing? Managing not to symptom spot?? If not, any good symptoms to report??

To the pregnanat ladies who are concerned about symptoms dropping off. Mine really did around 5 weeks and then came back stronger than ever at about 6 weeks. So just hang in there - you WILL be feeling awful again soon!!

Steph, your positivity is inspirational. Keep it up!

I've been trying to keep up with this thread but failing as haven't had much time. I now have a bit of time to myself so I shall go back through and try and get up to date with you all.

:hugs: and :dust: and PMA!!!

Hi Hannah, glad you're still feeling crappy- in the nicest possible way of course :haha:

Happy nine weeks, not long till you get to see your adorable baby again :flower:

Sounds like there are some pretty good symptoms floating around on this thread!! FX'd for you all.

To whoever it was who was asking about seeing the midwife earlier than 8 weeks (sorry I'm not up to snuff with memory skills right now) - I saw mine at just over 4 weeks initially but then had the 'booking in' appointment (with all the paperwork etc) at 8 weeks. I think if you just call your surgery and ask to see the midwife they can make you an appointment. That's what I did anyway.

My cat has been extra lovey dovey recently (well one of them - the other is just neurotic), however she has also started spraying (which is rare in females) so I'm wondering if she feels threatened by my pregnancy??!!!

I seem to remember them both being pretty cuddly when I was pregnant with Laila but the neurotic one has never really got over her arrival (or the subsequent house moves). Cats a pretty intuitive on the whole so I think that those of you who are in the 2ww and have cats who are behaving differently - it's a good sign!!!

I know, good thing Steph has enough positivity for all of us! I do think that it's strange how three of us are all the same week and we are having less symptoms, and it makes me feel good to know that Hannah had experienced a lack of symptoms at week 5 as well. Praying we all get lots of symptoms soon to reassure us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->