~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Nurse says my HCG levels are 24,856 and the reason Doc said I’d miscarry is because for that high of an HCG there should have been “more baby”. They were also under the assumption that I was 8 weeks along but I was 5w9d tops when they told me baby was 5w5d. I am spotting again and mild cramping due to that stupid nocturnal “O”. Nurse said it is probably my “body’s way of dealing with things”.

They don’t want to see me till the 14th They will have a look to see if bean is still in there and if he is, how big is he and does he have a HB? If he isn’t then I guess D&C?
At least I have some hope. I would have more hope if I wasn’t bleeding and cramping! This is all doing my mind in. I hope if bean is in there, that the stress of this situation isn’t killing him…

Sweet Angel, I have a sit-down job thankfully. This is our low-stress time of year too.

Other Ladies, I know DH is just protecting himself but he was acting like I was stupid because I wanted to keep taking my progesterone. I stopped for one day but then thought that if bean had a chance, I needed to give him the best chance. Plus, it was already paid for and it wouldn’t hurt for me to keep taking it.

GND, depending how my appt. goes on the 14th, I may be looking for a new Doc.

LWood, I hope the spotting will stop :hugs: I really do think you should get another doctor.

1. My doc did a scan at 5w5d with no hb and said everything looks great. I just think it was too early for him to make that kind of call. Yes, maybe he will be right, but I still think he made the call way too early.
2. When you are in this kind of situation, I think your doctor should be more responsive to you and he is just blowing you off.
3. Your doctor just comes off as very insensitive to me :shrug:

I am honored and a bit teary-eyed that you added me to your siggy. Thank you.

Lwood, I am so sorry you are going through this. You are really in my prayers. I agree with Crystal 100% about your doctor. When I had my first m/c, my doctor was just like yours... He wasn't responsive, reassuring, compassionate at all.... I really couldn't get any answers out of him. Because of that experience, I switched to a completely new doctor (was a recommendation from a friend), and can't say enough great things about him. He told me that he is praying right along with us for the health of the new baby, and he was so overjoyed when he heard the heartbeat with us for the first time. I honestly think having the right doctor will really ease your mind.... You need someone who is on your side and isn't just there to spout facts to you. Anything can happen at anytime... None of us are immune to things going wrong. It sucks. God is in control, and just know that I am praying for you.

I am honored and a bit teary-eyed that you added me to your siggy. Thank you.
Awe, I'm praying your little guy pulls through this. I think he still has a good chance. Also, I think they were worried for me because my HCG was extremely high from the beginning and I think they were expecting to see more. But, it just seems stupid that you would see more if it is too early :shrug: I think there is some kind of "rule" that says that once your HCG reaches a certain number they should be able to see the fetal pole. They didn't see mine, and I have a feeling that is why they were making me come in twice per week for ultrasounds (because initially the doctor had told me I would only come once per week).

However, I found tons of stories with women with high HCG and the docs couldn't find the fetal pole but went on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Oh, and I think it sucks that your doctor is making you wait so long for your next scan.

/Users/WhiteLT/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2011/07/05/20110705-211439/IMG_1638.JPG

Hmm...just seeing if this will post.

nope...ok, so I still need to read and catch-up on everyone. I still haven't gotten a proper BFP, but AF did not show today...CD 28/13dpo. I've been taking Dollar Store tests in the afternoon b/c that's when I can get away w/out hubby not being suspicious. Anyway, the last 3 tests I took had really, really faint lines. I did a major tweak on the one from 6pm tonight, and I was able to bring up pink! Now granted this "tweak" easily could be an evap...so no excitement just yet for me! But it's still fun to have something to play around with and try and get color. A blank slate is pretty boring.

Hmm...I'll see if I can post it, otherwise you will have to take me word for it. :)

Now off to read your posts

ooooooooooooh I want to see!!! Upload it to photobucket.com and then copy and paste the image link... that's what I always do!!!

OR when you hit "REPLY" instead of "post quick reply" you can use the little paper clip up top as an attachment and do it that way too!

LWood...I am so sorry this is so stressful for you right now! Yeah...why on earth are they waiting so long to give you a scan! I went in at what I thought was 8 weeks during my last pregnancy...and the baby had a strong heart beat but was only measuring 6w, she had me come in the next week to see if baby grew! Why, oh why, is he not being more compassionate! Nothing is worse than putting your trust in people who "know best," but then to be left in the dust! Grr...I am angry for you.

ladies...I will see what I can do. I'm really tired and think bed is calling my name for tonight. Who knows maybe tmrw I will have something more exciting to show you!

@ Holly...I'm always so impressed by your knowledge! (not necessarily about photo bucket) :) But about fertility, and supplements...so impressed, you got skills! Hehe

Lwood, I think it's awful you are nit having a scan closer or another hcg, if they are rising then bean should be fine and they should also see growth in a couple of days. Id really think about changing and getting some proper care!

Dimples, I'm quietly very excited for you!!! Stay away af and get darker lines!! Xxxx

Arm, cramps were pretty unbearable last night, took one paracetamol and came to bed. My friend has agreed to take me to hosp to have bloods done so should have result by end of the day. Cramps have gone today so think it was growing day yesterday!!

L wood if I were you I would be changing doctors right now, I believe it is unacceptable to leave you hanging around and waiting for the worst when a ssimple 5 minute ultrasound scan and a comppassionate ear would put your mind at rest either way. :hugs:

Dimples- interesting test results looks promising!

Cornish- glad your cramps have settled a little.

Afm- slept much better last night although I had very random dreams again I feel much more sprightly today. Starting to get a very stiff back in the night though, considering evicting dh from the bed soon!

Lwood - I agree with everyone else - get a second opinion. My friend has recently had a similar situation - early scan didn't look good and she was told she would probably miscarry, took some bloods - high levels of HCG but they then took another three or four lots of blood (each a few days apart to look for the rise) and she got a second scan about 10 days later which showed one baby (despite the high hcg) that was growing fine. :hugs: that you get some answers and reassurance soon.

Lwood...change docs...you have every right to be treated with compassion and respect yet your doctor is giving you neither :hugs:

Cornish...glad the cramping has stopped...looking forward to results :thumbup:

MrsJ..where are you?

Jen..hope the meds are working for you?

MsJ..hope all ok :hugs:

Dimples...where's the test we wanna see :grr: :dust:

:hi: to all

XxX

Dimples - fingers crossed!!!!

Lwood - thinking of you, being left in limbo is awful xx

Cornish, you arent alone with terrible cramps. For 3 days I have had shooting and stabbing pains, I ended up going to hospital last night about it (whilst on duty and for 3 hours - which I am sure will have miffed my boss!), all they did was take my blood and say it was ok. They said it may be severe pregnancy pains or the start of a miscarriage, either way they didnt know what is causing it and nothing could be done about it. I really think that the entire NHS in Wiltshire should take a compulsory sensitivity course!! The hospital is a crap as my dreadful doctors. I am going to my first midwife appointment this afternoon, I am going to DEMAND a scan before 12 weeks to see what the hell is going on inside me!!

ZoMo...so sorry you're having crap treatment and I hope that everything will be ok :hugs:

XxX

Thanks for that zomo, def in need of some sensitivity there! I'm also in Wiltshire but in general I've had the best treatment from the epu. I hope your cramps die off, mine were better but increased after lunch. Today though its more gassy cramps and pain.

Andrea I'd love to give you all my results but my friend who promised to drive me isn't here yet, bloods dept close at 4 so I may cry if she doesn't show as I could have got the bus this morning.

Has anyone had trapped nerves? I've had a pain in my butt all day-and it's not oh as he is away!!! Like a throbbing pain-normal?!?xx

LWood - I would definitely switch doctors. I can't believe they aren't monitoring you more closely and making you wait for another scan or blood work. :hugs: to you

Cornish - sorry for the cramping scare, but glad they are a little better today. Hopefully you're friend can get there before lab closes!

Steph - glad you had a better sleep!

ZoMo - good luck at your appointment. I'd be demanding a scan too, if I had those types of pains. Shame on the hospital for not doing more for you :hugs:

Hope everyone else is well!

AFM - 6 DPO today. Let's see - woke up with my ribs hurting, hurt to turn to the side. Not sure if that's a sign or not. Excess saliva in my mouth, which I had last time. Stuffy nose, and some off and on cramping still. Had a few sharp pains yesterday, but so far not today. Feels like my abdomen is full, kinda like AF is coming. 7 days till testing!

OH, and I've been wicked craving eggs. Monday morning I had an egg, spinach, and tomato scramble, then spinach and feta quiche for dinner. Then yesterday for dinner had the egg scramble again, and that's all I can think of having right now. I hope all these "symptoms" mean something....[-o<

Hi ladies :hi:

Sorry I've been away for a while, maybe I'm taking this whatever wagon too seriously. :rofl: I've actually not been able to get on the internet since I've been out of the office. But I'm back now! :flower:

Steph~ Congrats on the twins!! WOW!!
Dimples~ Your tests sound promising!! Hopefully you post them soon :happydance:
LWood~ Glad to hear that there is still hope! Praying for you, hun! I have a good feeling about your little bean:hugs:
Cornish~Sorry to hear about your cramps, hopefully they easy up and bean can be a little more gently while settling in:haha:

Never~ How are you? I"ll have to read up on your journal

Everyone else, :hugs: Sorry if I missed any other important announcements!

AFM, just taking soy. Been taking 4x40mg a day for the last 4 days, so I'm done with that for now. I looked at Steph's journal to see the ultrasound picture and saw you took soy too! Oh boy! :haha: I'm curious now if this soy will make me ovulate sooner? I want to stay away from the OPK's though but I'm so curious! Guess I will know if I did or not when AF arrives next month. Hopefully she won't though!

Holy cow, I just looked at the chart I keep of my cycles and I'm on CD 16! I thought I was on 12 or so. Oops! Guess I should have taken soy sooner. Oh well, whatever! :haha:

Hope everyone is doing okay and has a great day! :flower:

PS~ My ticker says CD 15 but it's wrong and I don't know why! :wacko:

@ Holly...I'm always so impressed by your knowledge! (not necessarily about photo bucket) :) But about fertility, and supplements...so impressed, you got skills! Hehe

:rofl: skillllz yo! haha Thanks! I TRULY wish I *was* ignorant about all of it- seriously! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->