~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Lol I read loooads of enid blyton when I was little, my favourites were Malory Towers and Famous Five, they were brill!

Me too! I adored Enid Blyton and wanted to be George from The Famous Five :haha:
I got the magazine for awhile too...oooh and Bunty magazine and the annuals, similar sort of thing, very olde worlde (but then, I did always prefer that to the 'modern' stuff lol) - anyone else remember that?

Yeah I used to have bunty and another, I can't remember the name?! I always preferred that sort of stuff too, it was either that or a horse magazine, lol. I used to want to be George too! Lol!

Yes Monkeh, you ARE weird!!!! :p hehehe they were TOTAL escapism books!

I loved The Famous Five (and wanted to be George too, of course) and Mallory Towers the best! Oooh, and The Mystery Of books and The Secret Seven!!!

Hmm.. I read horse magazines when I was little lol. Enid Blyton never really appealed to me :shrug:

Good morning Jetters! :dance:
Yay for The Mystery Of... books!!!
I wasn't quite as keen on The Secret Seven :)
Haha reminiscing...I sort of wish I'd saved a couple but I had quite a collection and sold it all for a new judo suit! :rofl:
Anyone get any special Saturday fluffy post? My amber necklaces came and I loooove them, let's hope hubby loves them too!

Nothing for me either, though all I'm waiting on now is post from the easter bunny, so that could be a couple of weeks yet.

I got the Gro Baby from Mummy_Mi- it's sooo much softer than i'd expected!! And morning fluffs and potential fluffs! :D x

My little sister read the famous five etc....I just read anything with horses in it LOL

omg i wanted to be George too!! and i LOVED bunty......cant remember what the other was called....its really doin my head in!! no fluffy post yet for m but my postie hasnt been yet but my post hasnt been yet :dohh: oh poo..i have a quiche in the oven and i smell burning NOOOOOOOOOO!

I remember the one with he wild horses that got caught!!! I loved that "the five" book :)

:blush: i still read enid blyton books, all of them hahaha, except secret seven, they were pants, i dont know why i just didnt like them at all, i have so many, malory towers set, famous five, have read most of, whats that one with bets and fatty and larry, i love those too, the one with i cant remember his name and his monkey? and even the ones like bedtime stories you know the ones that are written for five year olds hahaha, i love them all, i always wanted to go to malory towers when i was little, kept asking my mam to send me to boarding school but she was having none of it lol, i never liked george, she did my head in...strangely enough, george is meant to be what enid blyton was like when she was little, i know that because i watched the enid blyton story on youtube, yes im obsessed lol :blush:

x

also, according to enid blytons daughter she was a shit mam, was too interested in writing about the perfect family to actually have one apparently

x

I begged my mum to send me to boarding school too; I was more of a St Clare's girl though! I've actually still got all of my children's books... I have never given a book away, probably why we have NO room in our flat!

hello ladies and little fluffy bums and fluffy bums to be.
Ok so i am wierd all i read about were horses and if i wasn't readin about them i was riding them or sorting them out, god i miss my lil horsey ::(:
I have fluff coming but not until the middle of next week and it is one big stash coming so i am under orders to destash off dh:cry: but i am going to rid of as little as possible :haha:
I have finished paying off my holiday so in 8 weeks time i will be jetting off to spain :happydance:
I hope you are all well :kiss:

I was the same, I was ALWAYS doing something with horses/about horses, 99% of the books I had as a kid were about horses. You can have one of my horses atm...got a 3yr old in on box rest with thr biggest hole in her foot you have ever seen, massive hole in her toe and pus coming out of four places at her heel....and it STINKS. Poor pony :( Probably safer (and cheaper) to read about horses than own one, I am NOT looking forward to the vets bill.....

I used to love horse books too - my favourites were the Jinny series and the Silver Brumby books... but I've always been scared of horses :rofl:

I was the same, I was ALWAYS doing something with horses/about horses, 99% of the books I had as a kid were about horses. You can have one of my horses atm...got a 3yr old in on box rest with thr biggest hole in her foot you have ever seen, massive hole in her toe and pus coming out of four places at her heel....and it STINKS. Poor pony :( Probably safer (and cheaper) to read about horses than own one, I am NOT looking forward to the vets bill.....

lol don't tempt me, i'm not far from you at all and may be tempted to come see them and i'll even help a lil poorly one get better, what is she and how high lol i wanna come play horsey now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->