~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

hmm if it didnt help then it may now be a case of her needing medication to open her airways.
If I have a cold the steam helps me (I have COPD btw) but if its a flairup of the COPD then it doesnt and thats when I know I need to go Dr and get some steroids.
Have a look for emergency Drs, if that fails and shes still struggling take her to A&E

we have a wii which I bought when it first came out - have wii fit and the plus game but never play it - I am now tempted to sell to buy nappies :rofl:

thelilbump - I'm not sure what to suggest about the coughing but I use baby olbus oil on a bib in Izzies cot when she goes down for a nap - that seems to stop the nose from blocking and running etc do you have a mdoc where you are? maybe they could see her? hope shes better soon x

we tried albas oil last night it just seemed to make it worse i think because she was kind of taking it in her breath through her mouth making her cough.

ok dumb qu but what is COBD? I think a&e may be a bit dramatic, she isn't that bad but it's just when she gets into that cycle of coughing and crying.

COPD is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease....the reason I am pretty reactive about chest problems that are difficult to manage is because I developed COPD after getting flu (wasnt even BAD flu, I was only really ill for three days!) which turned into bronchitis then pneumonia twice.
A cough that is so bad she cries and cant breather properly could already indicate bronchitis (I assume thats why she was given antibiotics?) if it werent bank holiday Id just say to get her to Drs tomorrow!

Yea i would be on the phone to them tomorrow, tbh i'd probably have phoned friday knowing it can take a few days to get in. Daddy took her docs as i was at work so not 100% what was said but he told me that she had a mild chest infection and had been prescribed amoxocillin *sp*

yea they next on my list after emergency chemist!

awwww thats crap that albus oil didnt work - I find that to be fab when Izzie catches a cold :( really hope the chemist can help you :hugs: If you ring NHS direct sometimes there is a que of people waiting to get call backs so it might be worth ringing now incase it takes a hour or so for a call back?

^^ WSS when I rang that at Xmas because of Halen violently throwing up, they took nearly 2 hours to ring back when they said only 45 mins :(

Think I'd ring NHS Direct. I think if they think you ought to see the emergency doc, they can put you in touch with your local one. Other than that, does your GP surgery have emergency appointments that they only release on the morning of the appointment? Maybe get one of those for asap.

:wave: ladies happy easter :munch:

Girls :cry: I know this has nothing to do with fluffyness but i talk to you girls most and wondered if you had any ideas? My daughter is poorly, she's had a cold which left her with a cough, the whole family had it and it took us all a while to shift the cough but hers never did so we took her to the docs. They said she had a chest infection and gave her antibiotics for 10 days which she's just coming to the end of now but it seems to have flared up again, her nose is runnin like she was at the beginning and she's coughin so much i think she's going to be sick which then reuslts in her scaring herself which means she starts crying, gets all breathless and coughing more. It's really like she needs to bring something up right from the bottom of her chest. Am sending OH to emergency chemist on his way home from work but does anyone have any ideas what else might work or at leats ease it? Goodness knows when i'll be able to get her in docs again :cry:

our leyla's like that atm aswell, its poo isnt it, hope emilia feels better soon :D

does anyone know if olbas oil is safe to use in pregnancy, only ive been worried so far cos its very strong and id be inhaling it aswell :wacko:

x

Ellie you can get baby olbas which isnt so strong...Donna, so sorry to hear emilia is poorly, have you tried NHS direct or out of hours docs?

thats the one weve got but it still smells reeeeeally strong to me, maybe its just pregnancy nose, just hoping she doesnt pass it on to me :(

x

Ahh Donna your poor little lady! If the shower and albas oil hasnt worked then I would ring NHS direct and see what they say. Saying that all of my family have asthma and it takes us ages to shift a cough and Caitlyn is going the same way. When I was that age I was put on a nebuliser [sp?] in the end as my cough wasn't going :nope:

Hope Emilia and Leyla are better soon :hugs:

Donna - just wondered how your little lady was after this morning?

Poor leyley hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Donna - just wondered how your little lady was after this morning?

aww thanks :flower: she's not really any better though. Chemist couldn't give us anything and nhs direct just told us to wait till tomorrow to try and get her to the docs :dohh:

Yay, ordered a lovely amber teething necklace from Donna! :D

will sort this later :flower:

:( my cousin and his gf have just had a miscarriage, the same ones i was getting pissy at about calling their baby isabella :cry:

just talking to my auntie now, dont even know what to say, so upsetting :cry:

i feel like a complete bitch!!!

x

Im sorry to hear about the miscarriage :(

And Donna, Cole had this for several weeks.. to the point of taking hi to A&E as he would almost turn blue in a coughing episode

I put a Vaporizer with eucalyptus in his room, which seemed to keep his airways more free .. he'd still cough but it did make it a bit more bearable..
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"