The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Just wanted to check in and say hi again. I stayed away for two days, and it has been challenging.

Tink-I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

zelly-I won't go in for a beta unless another week passes. I have no history of losses, and so far there are no know fertility issues. This is my first pregnancy.

So I got a slightly darker line today, but it was still pretty light. I'm preparing myself for a loss. It may be the case that I am one of those rare cases where the line never really darkens, or it could be the fact that I'm using cheap tests (but many people get nice lines on cheapies). I haven't given up hope, but I am being realistic and trusting my gut. The most recent digi still says BFP, so as of now, that's what it is, and I should be thankful for that. It's been 10 days of rather faint lines, which seems nuts. I'm keeping a lookout for any signs of an ectopic, just in case. We'll see what develops over the week. FX. Regardless, I'm lucky to have such a supportive group to turn to if things don't turn out as I'd like them too.

I hope you're all drowning in baby dust!!! GL this cycle!!!

Good to hear from you Lionchild! Are you going to do blood tests to see if HCG is progressing correctly?

Wantanerd!!!!! Yay! I'm so glad you found this thread!!! How's your son doing? How are you doing???

Lionchild...I'm sure this whole experience is so nerve wracking for you, but if you keep taking HPTs after you've had several postive digi's, you're just going to freak yourself out. If you freak yourself out you're putting stress on your body that's completely unnecessary. I would definitely take borr's advice and just get blood tests done to make sure everything is as it should be. There's a saying that is going around: "If you have a cold, the quickest way to convince yourself you're dying is to Google your symptoms." I really think this holds true for us as well. We spend so much time and effort obsessing over getting pregnant that once we finally do, we freak ourselves out and worry and stress that we'll lose our baby, b/c after all, aren't there so many losses on the 1st tri forum? What if I'm one of those? It's SO easy to fall into that. The best thing you can do is go to your doctor, and your doctor can help you. I would take lower temperatures as a better sign of a miscarriage than the second line on HPTs not getting darker. You still have them there, even on the digi's; that's a GOOD sign Lionchild. Have faith, keep up a calm, positive spirit, and all will work itself out in the end. :hugs:

Tink...so sorry to hear about your MIL. How is your hubby doing? Hang in there...I hope your ills don't bother you while traveling!!!

Brie....I changed my O date last cycle b/c my Luteal phases are typically the same (when I have them or if they are provera-induced) and I'm not entirely sure my original crosshairs accurately indicated O b/c my temps were all screwy after the first high. I thought it was my thermometer but after a few days when my temps finally stayed consistent, it just made sense that I O'd later. Always trust your body over a computer. The computer can't sense the things you can. Of course, I didn't realize this until AF was a week late and I had a negative blood pregnancy test done. It also made sense seeing as my blood tests for O came back positive on CD24, when in reality, had I already O'd, I should have missed that window for a positive O test. Unfortunately, all these revelations were retrospective. Hope that helps!

So, I'm 5DPO today. Not really any symptoms. I'm a little concerned that my temp dropped a bit today, but then I had that same temp last cycle...it just didn't show up as vividly as this cycle because FF gave me a really high coverline this time. I'm just trying to ignore that as FF says its just a tool and nothing more.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!! :dust: to those in their tww!!!!

Doyle is 6 months old! I can't believe it! He is a solids eating machine! We are gearing up for our move to Alabama this week. In two weeks, after a stop in our new town, we head down to FL to spend the holidays with my family! Can't wait!
He has his 6 month check up today, a little on edge since MIL put her two cents in over Thanksgiving claiming he wasn't developmentally where he should be and he is too skinny. Both claims are bs but still brings out more of the mommy worry. He has always been on the small side but is perfectly healthy and learns new things every day.
Here's a recent pic of him!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487108_10102492294393903_1793818437_n.jpg

Wantanerd what a cute little one!!! He looks appropriate sized to me!!

Lionchild, been thinking of you. Keeping all my fingers crossed for good news.

Congrats to the many in the two week wait! Hoping for good news soon!!

Right now I'm feeling pretty good. I don't sleep well. I miss sleeping through the night. First dr appointment tomorrow!

Oh and Opera, Will and Kate really are pregnant! I just saw that today!

Awww Doyle is so adorable! Don't listen to the MIL...my nephew has always been small and skinny for his age (he's 4 now), kind of like a little beanpole, and he's as smart as a whip and a wonderful boy.

Jenzy...I'm sorry you're not getting any sleep. I've heard that the insomnia goes away around 2nd tri.

Wantanerd - That is the cutest little guy I've ever seen!

Update - Okay, so 8DPO today and I'm pretty convinced I'm out this round, girls.:shy: I 'm still "tracking symptoms" so that I will be able to compare them to when I actually am PG, but I'm almost 100% positive this is not it
My temps have been lower the last 2 days (today's the lowest), still above coverline, but not really what I want to see. I did have a strong cramp last night when I was falling asleep (one, just the one) after feeling twingy all day. It wasn't gas, it was definitely my uterus and definitely noticeable (not the kind where you imagine it's happening, but really not).
Anyway, other than that and my sore nips, I feel totally fine and totally not PG. :shrug:

But wanna know something? I'm totally OK with that! :thumbup: We have a doc apt tomorrow to basically ask questions & see if I can shorten my cycles any (right now they're steady at 49 days after years of severe irregularity) & then on to NEXT cycle! Hoping for a BFP for my January birthday!:winkwink:

Besides all that, what is everyone planning for the Holidays? :xmas6: Ladies with BFPs, have you told your families, or are you waiting for Christmas? And what is your favorite part about this season?

Alright, I'm a LITTLE not OK with it, but c'est la vie, eh?

Brie, I had lots of cramps and still got my BFP. I thought I was out. Don't write yourself off yet!

I'm not telling my family til at least Christmas. It all depends on if I get a scan before Christmas or not. My parents will be staying for multiple days around Christmas so I don't know if I could keep it a secret then. I'm just scared to tell people...

A question to any UK ladies on this thread...does it bother you how many times Kate Middleton has been "pregnant" this year? Or do your tabloids even bother with it? I think it's like once per month in the US. Lol!

I can't believe I asked this and she ended up being pregnant! Wherever you are and whoever you are on this forum (b/c I'm convinced you're here somewhere) I genuinely hope you feel better soon! And congrats! (Even though I'm slightly envious...:winkwink: )

Oh and Brie...you're only 8DPO...there's no way you can count yourself out yet. Maybe if you were like 13 or 14DPO and feeling this way but 8DPO? Always think positive!

Yes, positive.... okay, I can do that.....

Is Kate Middleton really pregnant? I missed that somehow!

Haha, I don't think you missed it. It was just announced today.

I found out after I logged on to Facebook, saw four new pregnancy announcements, got depressed, and decided to check the news instead. DARN YOU, KATE! :haha:

GingerPanda - that is comedy gold, right there! At least there seems to be a good amount of :dust: flying around! Let's hope some lands on us!

Yes. Dear Kate Middleton...you're now a royal so that means you have plenty of :dust: to spare. Please send some to us!!! Oh, and feel better. Really. I would utterly hate to be in your shoes right now. I mean, can't a poor princess vomit in peace (I mean that with all sincerity)?

Ladies, I had a temp dip and I just wiped up some blood (sorry tmi). Not sure what to think. My temp dipped the same exact dpo last cycle and it was followed by some light spotting. Sigh. Other than that I'm 5DPO and TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say. T.I.R.E.D (for no good reason I might add)! I am SO glad I don't have any tests left. It really makes this whole thing SO much less stressful.

So cute, wantanerd!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks, opera. I know you're 100% right. You just hear about so many bad things and especially with the obsession with lines darkening. I wish I had just taken one and left it alone. Then it just becomes a vicious cycle of doubting it's really going to happen. I'm going to wait until Friday to see what happens. I'm stepping away from the pee sticks until then. If I take a test on Friday and it is not much darker, I'll call the doctor and schedule an appointment for next week. Good news is that it was darker today. It was finally about half as dark as the control (11 days since the first very very faint line).

borr- I'l get one next week if I'm still concerned about light lines. FX things work out just fine.

Brie- Don't give up hope yet! I'm hoping your instincts are wrong about this month (and mine too for that matter). FX and baby dust!!

Jenzy-Good luck on getting an early scan and keeping your secret!!

Oh yeah, and I don't want to bring any negativity to this wonderfully positive thread, so it's important I remember to stay optimistic!

Hi Ladies,
i enjoyed reading thru this thread.. Can i join too??
Am new to TTC.. currently in d middle of my TWW.. it can be frustrating at times..
congrats to all d BFP's .. and lots of :dust: to all those who are TTC ..

Hi Girls just checking in :flower:

wantanerd: What a cute little Man!! he looks such a happy chappy!! :thumbup:

Lionchild: I hope all is going on ok keep us updated you're in my thoughts and much love to you xx

Joy4ecva: Hi Nice to meet you xx

Everyone else I may have missed: Hello hope you're all doing ok whether you're in your first few days of your cycle tww or pregnant :happydance:

Love and baby :dust: to all xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->