The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Hi everyone! I've been reading all of your posts for a while now but decided to finally say hi! I am joining this thread because I love the name of it and I need to stay positive. My husband and I have been trying since September. I went off the pill after 13 years on it. I had a normal period right after ending my pills and then didn't get another period until 42 days later. I went for my annual exam a few weeks ago and my doctor said to e-mail him if I had another cycle longer than 40 days. Today is day 43, so I e-mailed him. He prescribed provera to me and I need to have lab work done once I start my period. I'm hoping I just needed to jump-start my system, but I can't help but panic and think it's something worse. Any similar stories to give me hope?

Welcome, JJDreams!

I went to the doctor after not having a period for almost four months back in 2009. They prescribed me Provera, which took a couple of days after finishing all the pills to actually work. They ran several tests on me, checking my hormone levels and stuff, and also did a trans-vaginal ultrasound to check out my insides. Everything came back normal with no problems. I have always had an irregular period, and I still do, but I've never gone that long without one since.

Welcome JJ! How long has it been since you've been off the pill? It can take up to a year for your body to cycle normally again. Provera typically helps that issue though. GL!

JJDreams - Hi & welcome! I have irregular cycles and am taking Vitex & Progesterone cream and it seems to be doing the trick...

Opera, I'm using FemPro: 1/8 tsp 2x a day on various body parts. I recommend anything that is natural progesterone or close (not sure about the synthetic stuff)

Welcome JJDreams!!

opera and Brie- FX this is both of your months!!

Brie- I have always done the same thing (or at least I started doing it after several months of negatives). I always expected af and then if it was a BFP, I'd be happily surprised. GL!!

Thanks for all of the welcoming posts :)

I have been off the pill since early September after 13 years. I went on it when I was 16 because I had never gotten my period (I was 5'9" and 100lbs and really athletic) and my doctor at the time told me that I needed to go on the pill to get the hormones I needed or I would have bone density issues. I had an ultrasound done back then and a round of something (looking back, it may have been Provera) to induce my period to make sure everything worked right. They said everything looked good and it was just because I was too skinny. Based on all that, I have always been terrified that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant. My doctor is awesome and I think he senses my fear and decided to run some tests to get me the answers to the questions I am constantly asking him. Hopefully the Provera jump-starts everything and my blood tests come back good. Fingers crossed!

JJ - Good luck with the Provera! I don't know much about it - is it a hormone regulator or does it specifically induce menstruation?

Other News: 11 dpo and feeling slightly crampy + tender in the abdomen. I was SOOOOO emotional yesterday I thought I was going to die from feeling too much, lol. I cried watching 'Survivor'. I teared up @ doc office & on the way home (from both relief & frustration). I wanted my DF to jump off a cliff at one point I was so mad. (cuckoo!!):wacko:
Today I feel a LOT better, but am a little achy and didn't sleep well last night. My temp is highest it's been the whole cycle. Usually by this time it's slowly dropping (I keep showing this sawtooth line on my graph, up, down updownupdown, but all post-O temps have been above my coverline and climbing). I don't want to get myself TOO worked up, but I'm hoping that temps continue to climb and AF stays FAAAAAR away from me!:thumbup:

Also worth note: Aversion to meat & eggs (craving colorful, crisp veggies, raisins & apple cider). SLIGHT nausea this morning after I took my vitamins, but maybe that was b/c I took 'em on an empty stomach). Took a FOUR HOUR nap yesterday afternoon, which might have resulted in not sleeping well last night, but I was so emotional it exhausted me! A bike ride to the farmers market made me feel MUCH better.

Okay, sorry for yakking on & on, but I had to!
Hope everyone in their 2ww is feeling strong! :dust:

Sounds great Brie. You could test in the AM if you have a cheapie...

I am also interested in the prog. cream - I am not sure if I can get it here without a prescription...

puppymom - maybe at a vitamin store or health food store in your area? :shrug: I got mine @ a vitamin store....

puppymom...I've had good luck with health food stores/organic stores that have big supplements sections. You might start there.

Brie...I appreciate your rant. I went off on one yesterday.

I'm feeling out this month. My temps are just too low that I'm starting to wonder if I O'd at all. Granted, I tend to only get a string of vivid dreams when I have progesterone in my system. Last night I dreamt that I was lactating a clumpy brownish goo and my bbs turned into quadro bbs (kinda like I had a double chin or something. It was so depressing) Lol!

My symptoms pretty much went away today, except for this once/twice-per-hour nausea that makes me think I'm going to throw up but usually ends in a burp (sry if TMI) Either way it sucks.

That dream sounds incredibly unpleasant, lol.

Keep your head up! If not this cycle, then maybe next cycle!

I went to Walgreens and got my first box of OPKs today. Not going to start using them yet, obviously, but will try them this month! :thumbup:

So ladies....do you think it's a good sign that I'm feeling negative/ indifferent about being pregnant when I'm normally proactive and positive? I just don't feel like myself. Do I sound like myself?

I would say that being negative is acceptable and ALLOWABLE! If you're 100% positive 100% of the time, you're gonna give yourself a migrane. You're a human being, Opera, with a vast, complex range of emotions and allowing yourself to fully feel & appreciate all of them in this very complicated stage of your life is COMPLETELY ok! Do yourself a favor and go get a massage! Or a mini Shopping spree. Or watch your favorite movie while enjoying a heaping bowl of buttery popcorn! Stew in your own juices for a bit, de-stress, regroup and if this isn't your month, that's OK (and if it IS - FX - then you'll be surprised & glad you gave yourself some chill time). Your baby IS out there waiting for you (or maybe IN THERE waiting!) I think we all will become EXPERTS at the practice of patience by the time we bet our BFPs.
Bit hugs to you girl!!:hugs:

Other news: 12 dpo - big temp drop (98.41 - 97.97). :witch: approaches, I'm sure of it. I'm actually amazed that I've gone this whole cycle without POAS, lol - VERY proud of myself!

I'm getting really excited to try next cycle b/c I have a new technique for Progesterone Cream application: no cream from AF til CD12, then Cream CD12 on... Im hoping it will shorten my cycle since I feel like I keep TRYING to Ov around CD15 & then CD28 or so. FX that works! I'd LOOOOVE to have a period ONCE a month instead of MAYBE once every OTHER month! Let me rephrase that: I'd LOVE to OVULATE next month and get pregnant, but if I don't I'd LOVE to Ovulate in Feb. instead of waiting 49 more days! Sigh...

And Opera, you've only been TTC for a little over a year - on average it takes many couples AT LEAST that long to conceive their first (think of how silly some of us feel complaining after only TWO months)! And you've had a lot of obstacles to overcome - but you know what? Your perseverance and optimism is training you to be an AMAZING mother when it finally becomes your turn! I truly hope you don't have to wait much longer!

Opera, When I was pregnant with Doyle, I was super negative going to get the blood test KNOWING I wasn't pregnant. I knew it. I complained the whole way to the lab to my friend who drove me. 3 hours later, I found out I was pregnant. So I was very negative. 4 months of fertility treatment does that. It's okay to be negative sometimes. =)

I had a huge scare last night and panicked. The nurse practitioner got me right in and I got to see my bean! No heartbeat yet as expected but a fetal pole and yolk sack. :). I was so scared.

Brie, sorry about the drop. Your regimen sounds good! Fingers crossed!

Opera, I feel like it is in our nature to be negative before positive. This journey is hard and full of ups and downs. Many hugs sent.

I had a huge scare last night and panicked. The nurse practitioner got me right in and I got to see my bean! No heartbeat yet as expected but a fetal pole and yolk sack. :). I was so scared.

Brie, sorry about the drop. Your regimen sounds good! Fingers crossed!

Opera, I feel like it is in our nature to be negative before positive. This journey is hard and full of ups and downs. Many hugs sent.

Jenzy, I'm so glad that everything is ok!! It's great that you got to see the sack! How exciting!

opera-I think it could be a good sign. When I took the hpt a couple of weeks ago, I did not think for a second that it would be positive (especially because it was so early). I hope it is a sign!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->