The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Opera - OH WHEW!!! I'm glad that it's gone & you figured out that pain what it most likely from! :)

Stinas - what a relief to know that there's something you can do to correct a problem, right? Good Luck with everything!

Other News - so we had a little holiday craft day at my moms yesterday and had a blast. My best girlfriend came with her husband (they're 16 weeks pg today) and she looks lovely with her belly just beginning to show. A few hours later, another very good girlfriend stopped by and announced that SHE is 9 weeks!! I was (am) really happy for her and gave her a big ol hug & kiss, but couldn't help but feel left out and a little down. Later on, my mom (having noticed my mini-pout) said that this was all a really good sign and I'm lucky to have so man women to form a wonderful Mom's group with. THANKS MOM :) Always looking on the bright side :) I'm actually now 100% happy for ALL 5 of my pregnant girlfriends (actually one just had her baby), and especially the 2 that are very close to my heart. Looks like I'll be the last, but our baby will have so many great friends (and hand-me-downs) and I'll have a fabulous support group with these very beautiful ladies! I am very lucky!!
That said, DF got my a ton of vitamins & Vitex/Prog. cream for Xmas. I love this man :)

I'm glad you're feeling better, Brie!

I think I'm sick (like sick-sick), and it's too early to call pg symptoms. I think.

Last night we drove about an hour to meet some friends at a theatre to see The Hobbit (SO GOOD). I got carsick! I never get carsick, unless I spend some time trying to read in the car. It was awful. My head was pounding, I was dizzy and irritable, slightly nauseous... I was fine after we would get out of the car, though.

I still feel sick this morning. My head hurts, still. My throat is swollen, and my mouth is dry. My eyes were crust shut when I woke up this morning. Ew.

I had ANOTHER vivid dream about pregnancy last night, except it was really weird. I dreamed that I was pregnant but not full term visiting my family, and suddenly went into labor. I had the baby (a girl again) in the living room. I called my husband, but before he could get there, the baby turned into a cat and ran away. WEIRD! In the dream, it was the 4th of July, which would be too early for baby if I do turn out to get pregnant this cycle. Hopefully my dream is not telling me I'll have a late-term miscarriage or something.

GingerPanda - I can't imagine, or believe that a dream could predict if you were going to miscarry or not (esp that early!). There are just TOO man factors that would affect/result in that outcome! However, I CAN believe and imagine that a pregnancy dream in your 2WW might mean that you are in fact pregnant! I have my FX for you, dear!!

Other News: We started SMEP today! I'm really hoping that I can get myself to OV around CD14-20 (I don't think I could BD every other day for 35 days which is my recent length). FX this is the month!

I've been trying to conceive for 6 months and my nipples are really sore, along with other strong symptoms. My boobs are a LITTLE sore (not too noticeable) but my nipples are a tad bit swollen with veins popping out of them (JUST the nipples, not the boobs) and are VERY sensitive.

Has anyone had this in early pregnancy? I'm on cycle day 33 and I don't know how many DPOs I am, because it's never regular in consistency.

Other symptoms include nausea, constipation (with hemroids [sp?]) I had light pink spotting after sex a few days ago but went away and hasn't come back, very tired, breast/nipple pains, white discharge, late period, closed cervix and cramps!! There's NO blood whatsoever near my cervix. it's just milky and thin.

I've been marking every day whenever I have a symptom.

Worst part of it all is that I took a pregnancy test on CD27 and today. But neither of them were in the morning. I keep telling myself I'm gonna wait to take another one on Christmas morning if I don't already start, but I just don't want to waste my money on a possible BFN again. The tests I have been using are the One Step Pregnancy Tests from the dollar store. I HATE them! I sit there and make myself crazy looking for a faint line that I KNOW isn't there. Ugghh. Should I buy a clearblue or...?

Wontgiveup- huge congrats on the BFP. You deserve it!!

Bubblynubble- I would use a FRER.

Ok ladies I need some advice. The last few days off and on I have had nausea like crazy. I don't temp but I do use OPK's. I have irregular cycles and didn't start using OPK's until cd 20 this cycle and always had the second line almost positive, now I'm on cd 31 and thought what I had as a positive on cd 28 but now I'm thinking maybe I O'd before cd 20 and maybe I'm having morning sickness. I just want some advice on whether I should test now or just wait until the tww would be over from my positive opk?

Ok ladies I need some advice. The last few days off and on I have had nausea like crazy. I don't temp but I do use OPK's. I have irregular cycles and didn't start using OPK's until cd 20 this cycle and always had the second line almost positive, now I'm on cd 31 and thought what I had as a positive on cd 28 but now I'm thinking maybe I O'd before cd 20 and maybe I'm having morning sickness. I just want some advice on whether I should test now or just wait until the tww would be over from my positive opk?

What is FRER? -_- Sorry, silly question! :)

Approximately how long are your cycles, normally? Like, mine are never the same, but they are almost always between 28-32 days. I would wait to take a test when you're past your longest cycle in the last couple months or so. CD20 is kinda late for most women to start using OPKs unless you normally have long cycles. If you think you might have O'd before CD20, you would be 11dpo-ish, and might show a positive on a FRER. Still, I would wait.

The reason I started so late is the last 3 months my cycles have been around 40 days ugh but at least they been somewhat consistant lol. But my longest cycle I've had in the last 6 months was 56 days. And my shortest was 21 but I think I will wait until after Christmas to test anyway.

Goodness. Have you seen a doctor about your cycles? And are you still getting dark lines on OPKs? Having positive or nearly positive OPKs all the time could possibly be a sign of PCOS.

I always have a nearly positive on an opk and yes I have seen a few doctors. They always say the same thing no PCOS. They have no explanation for my cycles and they just brush me off it seems. When I was previously ttc 4 years ago I seen three different docs and there first assumption was PCOS but would do blood work and then say nope not it but wouldn't do anything else at all. I was ttc for 15 months when I got pregnant and had an MC at 7 weeks. Now I'm back to ttc and a doctor won't even see me until I have been ttc for 6 months. It's all very frustrating I just try to keep positive and not let my wacky cycles bring me down. Sorry for the long post.

I always have a nearly positive on an opk and yes I have seen a few doctors. They always say the same thing no PCOS. They have no explanation for my cycles and they just brush me off it seems. When I was previously ttc 4 years ago I seen three different docs and there first assumption was PCOS but would do blood work and then say nope not it but wouldn't do anything else at all. I was ttc for 15 months when I got pregnant and had an MC at 7 weeks. Now I'm back to ttc and a doctor won't even see me until I have been ttc for 6 months. It's all very frustrating I just try to keep positive and not let my wacky cycles bring me down. Sorry for the long post.

Don't be sorry for the long post! :hugs:

Honestly, your doctor sounds like a submissive jerk. Have you thought of trying to find a new doctor? Have they run your thyroid levels? Hell, I was having really wonky periods in 2009 way before even TTC, and my doctor ordered an ultrasound just to be absolutely sure I didn't have PCOS. Now that I'm TTC, my doctor has taken my past into account and will start doing fertility testing if I'm not pregnant by the end of March, even though I won't have been TTC for a year yet.

Your doctor is supposed to be more supportive than that, but we will be supportive for you! You have friends and a support network here, so don't be afraid to vent. :hugs:

You may just have high levels of LH hormone. I do have PCOS and generally have a couple false surges during my cycles if I test with FMU (so now I test when I have good CM & CP at around 2:30pm). Some women just have high levels of LH. Or you could be having LH surges b/c your body is TRYING to Ovulate, but just not doing it until much later, which could be an indication of your long cycles. I would see an endocrinologist :)

So I have a question: I'm pretty sure I can distinguish CM from Semen, but how long will semen "leak" out (TMI!) after intercourse?
We're trying the SMEP method this cycle which means we're BDing every other day (in the mornings). Today (an off day) at work, I wiped and had shiny CM and am getting light stains on my undies. I'm almost positive it's CM, but I'm just wondering if I may be mistaking it for left over semen..... any thoughts?

Brie - it usually leaks out within the day but if u have i warn u ladies TMI been bding for I'd say a week or so then it can just come out as they'll be a store in there! Before I met my dh I had a long term boyfriend but we were long distance so when we went to uni we bd'd constantly for the first few days (3 times a day approx) all of a sudden I had a massive need to go to the toilet almost like diahorrea (I'm sure that is spelt wrong) and loads of brownish tinged liquid gushed out of my delicate parts. It is without doubt the most freakish and grossest things that has happened and I have never told anyone except for now :blush: :blush: :blush: if u want to kick me out I understand! So in summary Brie - yes it can and will come out at anytime and sometimes more than u expect! :blush:

DH and I go at it almost every other day, and always have. If I'm standing up and walking around after, it only leaks out for about half an hour to one hour for me. Could be different for everyone, though!

Thanks gals (Try2Find that was a LMFAO story). Yeah I think that the longer I lay down after, the less comes out (ew). The first day I was down for about 25 minutes and when I went to pee after there was a whole mess comin' out! But yesterday I was down for about 45 minutes and there wasn't a whole lot that came out when I went to the bathroom and only a tiny minor leakage later in the day. So I think that by the next day I'll be able to tell if it's CM or CMen (haha). Also (TMI alert!) there's a different smell for each. Thanks for the advice!

I think it's ridiculous that you have to wait that long. Would you consider looking for a new doctor?

Everyone is cracking me up with their CMen talk. Don't worry, try2findbaby, you won't get kicked out. lol

I can't tell the difference. I always assume it's a mixture of both. I also use preseed, which complicates things even further. My cm is not a reliable indicator of o, so I've stopped paying too much attention to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->