The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

I'm calling myself out for that cycle. If I was going to get a BFP, I think it would have shown up before 21-26DPO. My body hates me.

Hopefully I ovulate this cycle!

Again, I know how you feel Gingerpanda. Sometimes I think my body really hates me too. I think I can officially say I qualify for the super long luteal phase disorder thingy. I'm guessing it's all apart of pcos. Oh well.

Waiting is stinky. My heart goes out to all who are waiting for something...be it a bfp or AF or O. :hugs:

Well. AF looks like she may officially be starting. I'm seeing red now instead of brown, so that's good.

opera, I hadn't heard of a long LP being a part of PCOS, but I could be completely wrong! I am sure I have heard it in another sense though, as a part of something else. Might be worth mentioning to your doc...

Hey ladies,
af is due tomorrow and no af symptoms so far! The only thing I have now is like a pulling feeling that starts in my left side & moves to the right by the end of the day which is strange and not like usual af pains.

I'm not getting my hopes up trying to be cautious about it all. Fingers crossed

I am nervous about it this month as I had an accident in august causing me to have a frame put on my leg which in turn meant I had to leave work as I couldn't do the shifts. I've just be offered a new job now the frames off but what will be will be and either way I will work things out.

Xxxxx

GL Bumblebee & Hugs GingerPanda!

Still awaiting O this cycle. Sigh.

I am trying very hard to stay positive.

But, I'm in a good mood because I just installed my fancy new dryer after my old one exploded! :thumbup:

OOooo ow! I had some serious pain on the Left O side (I should O from Right this cycle...) that kinda radiated down my leg....

CP medium, firm closed, so I'm not quite sure what that was about.
I'm really hoping hoping hoping that it's a sign that I will O on/around my birthday (6 days). FF says I should, based on last cycles, and I guess I shouldn't have gotten myself so worked up about the last few weeks, but I'm really anxious now.... 35 days is a LOOOONG time to wait to ovulate (and a LOOOOONG time to bd every other day, hee hee). Damn PCOS!
At least my LP is a perfect length, so hoping we catch the eggy this time! I'm gonna try a combo of Soy Isoflavones, Progesterone Cream (ran out this cycle), and Vitex next cycle if we don't.
Positive Energy for Ovulation, please!

GingerPanda, I'm thinking beautiful thoughts for you!

<3

Oh Brie, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you ladies with PCOS. I admire you all for your strength. I think my lady parts would fall off after that many days of BD-ing every other day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but I'm not 22 anymore. Lol. I hope you get your birthday wish!! Baby dust!!

Oh, if we don't BD before bed, something feels like it's missing. Our libidos are just silly. Once a week or so, we won't stop at one time a day. :haha:

Oooo GP I love it when old appliances explode. When I get the new replacement it makes me want to do laundry or dishes or whatever all day long. I know. I'm weird.

GL Bumblebee!!!

Puppymom, my doctor was the one who told me that long LPs are yet another symptom of pcos. I didn't believe her either, or at least, I didn't want to. I'm starting to think I can blame all of my life's problems on pcos though. lol.

You know what drives me bonkers?...people who don't know how to clean snow off of their cars. Come on....if you live in a place that gets snow...clean your darn car so the people driving behind you won't get snow in their face. Seriously. Sorry I just had to rant.

So I think I'm calling it this cycle. The random few days of spotting had to have been AF. I've noticed I've started getting AF without Oing now. It's kinda annoying really. Now to figure out what CD I'm actually on....

Brie...does the progesterone cream really help your pcos? I mean, have you found that your body likes to O more often than not with it compared to without it?

Which, now that I've changed over my chart, it looks like I might O soon anyway. Sweet!!!!! Now I wish I had some O tests. POAS POAS!!!

Opera- With annovulatory cycles, women will often spot or bleed, but it is usually different or lighter bleeding than a typical af. It isn't an af, because af will only come after o. Instead, I've read that it's your body's way of still shedding some of your uterine lining when it's been a long time since af. Once you o, you can expect a full af. I've had three annovulatory cycles since October of 2011, and I had spotting without full af. I hope o is coming soon for you!

Also, I'm sure Brie can tell you more about progesterone and PCOS. I just wanted to add that from what I understand, progesterone doesn't help you to o. You don't use it until after o, otherwise (I think) it may even prevent o. Tell me if I'm wrong, Brie.
I was thinking about trying progesterone to lengthen my luteal phase, but I ended up deciding that an 11 day lp is good enough.

I have to share a really selfish fear with you girls. Most of my good friends have had babies already (all in the last two years). I have experienced some envy, but for the most part I have managed to avoid being resentful. I personally feel that it's really selfish to hold resentment for others because my body is taking longer to do what it is supposed to do. The one exception is with my teenage niece (17), who disrupted the entire family when she fell pregnant this past fall. My husband and I love her to death, but we are not happy about this pregnancy, and we have not been able to accept it. We put on a happy face for her sake though and pretend we have gotten over it. We only share our true feelings about it with each other (and now you). She has had a more difficult life than we ever had, but I honestly think she intentionally got pregnant so that she could try to create the life she never had. I think that's why it's been so hard on us. We had hoped for more for her. I know she will figure things out, and we'll be here to support her, but her life is going to be more difficult because of the decisions she made. I think that until we see that baby in June, we are not going to get over our disappointment in her and the anger we feel. We are not angry, unhappy people. I can't stay mad at anyone for more than 10 minutes, so it's been hard that I haven't been able to shake these feelings. Anyway, that's not the point of my this post. It just sort of came out.

Anyway, last month, my childhood bf told me she and her dh had decided to start trying for her first. I told her last year in January that we had stopped preventing it from happening (we ended up actively ttc after two months). My bf wasn't ready at the time, and I'm pretty sure she thought we were crazy. My friends all waited until their thirties to have children. We have all been very career-oriented. We also loved to take lots of vacations in our twenties. Well now that she's trying and I'm sharing all of the info I've learned over the past year with her, it makes me realize how long it has been since we first decided to stop preventing it from happening. I've been kind of depressed about it. I'm also secretly worried about how I will feel if she gets pregnant right away, and I don't get another bfp soon. So selfish, I know. I see how the more time that passes, the easier it is to become resentful. Any advice from long-time ttc-ers on how to manage feelings of jealousy and resentment? Sigh.

Lionchild: you've had a long time trying and you're bound to get some selfish or upset feelings once in a while! It's natural you're only human! Let yourself be sad sometimes and vent when you need to I find having a vent can help with the frustrations as for your niece you may feel like this now but once babies here I bet the thought won't even enter your mind. As for feeling like you've bern TTC a while it is hard when you see or hear others stories but once you get your baby you'll love it all the more.

You're such a strong and kind person and I wish u lots of happiness in the future!
Must :dust: to you right now
Xxxxxxxc

I have to share a really selfish fear with you girls. Most of my good friends have had babies already (all in the last two years). I have experienced some envy, but for the most part I have managed to avoid being resentful. I personally feel that it's really selfish to hold resentment for others because my body is taking longer to do what it is supposed to do. The one exception is with my teenage niece (17), who disrupted the entire family when she fell pregnant this past fall. My husband and I love her to death, but we are not happy about this pregnancy, and we have not been able to accept it. We put on a happy face for her sake though and pretend we have gotten over it. We only share our true feelings about it with each other (and now you). She has had a more difficult life than we ever had, but I honestly think she intentionally got pregnant so that she could try to create the life she never had. I think that's why it's been so hard on us. We had hoped for more for her. I know she will figure things out, and we'll be here to support her, but her life is going to be more difficult because of the decisions she made. I think that until we see that baby in June, we are not going to get over our disappointment in her and the anger we feel. We are not angry, unhappy people. I can't stay mad at anyone for more than 10 minutes, so it's been hard that I haven't been able to shake these feelings. Anyway, that's not the point of my this post. It just sort of came out.

I can actually kind of relate here. Let's see if I can post this without it being super long.

I am one of 13 grandchildren far from oldest, plus a nephew who is so close in age to me, he's more like a little brother. Due to an irreparably split family, DH is one of 4 grandchildren, and the oldest by about 9 years. Growing up smack in the middle of all those kids, I kind of always felt... unspecial? Just one of the herd. So when I married DH, I thought it would be really cool that we could have the first grandchild in his family.

Then his little sister got pregnant at 16. She became very abusive to the people near her, especially her mother. She would hit people, burn bridges, run away. At one point, she checked herself in to a women's shelter and put her mother on the list of people who weren't allowed to see her. (Then she complained because her mom wasn't there at the baby's sex scan!)

I was very upset. Both for her basically ruining her life with the decisions she was making, but also because I felt like something that should have been mine to give was taken away. It was really selfish of me. That baby is 2 years old now, and she's adorable, but the whole family has pretty much had to cut ties with DH's sister because of her behavior.

I know it's not really exactly the same as your situation, but I feel like I kind of understand how you might be feeling better than the usual "All these teenagers getting pregnant, when I've been trying for so long, blah blah blah" arguments. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->