The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Ooooh also ladies af is a no show so far but i'm going to try not to test til later in case she's just hiding plus after previous miscarriages it makes me nervous xxxx

Well turns out ff lied and I am set to o as per norm on cd20 and guess what? Dh has run out of steam (swell as other things apparently) just before I o. Great. Iam so frustrated. Why hasnt it happened yet? Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Sorry just needed to vent. Feeling a bit useless.

I think we have pretty much all been there. My DH is going to be traveling out of town when I'm supposed to O, and if we don't get pregnant by the end of March we go in for special testing. So missing one month really sucks! :dohh:

Yeh u just wait such a long time for two days (mostly) and if it doesn't happen it's like all ur other hard work (supplements etc) was for nothing. A whole month of waking my ass up to temp wasted! I need to chill :coffee:

Lionchild - We've only been TTC for 3 months, but two of my VERY close girlfriends are pregnant. Friend A tried for 2 yrs and I am SOOO happy she finally got her bfp (found out today she's having a boy, tbw). Friend B just told us she was preggers (by accident!) but is totally happy (we are, too, for her) and progressing well. A third friend just had a beautiful little girl, and yet another is due in a few months. I am so so SO very happy for these women and their little miracles, but I SWEAR if I hear of another woman I know "falling" pregnant I will throw something at them!!!
It's really hard (even for those of us who haven't been trying long) to hear news that something you so desperately want is being given (seemingly without effort!) to someone else. For me, I'm so worried that with my long cycles & PCOS, it will take so very long to conceive (I already feel like 3 months is an unfair and unbearable amount of time wait) and I get so frustrated and upset when I see bellies swelling around me.

You are NOT alone, and I know it must be SO hard to have waited so long!

But I KNOW that one day your prayer/wish/hope will be answered/granted/blessed!! It may come in a way you least expect, but you're child will some to you one way or another :) I have faith that women who are, for one reason or another, "forced" to wait a little extra, will ultimately make the BEST mothers (no offense meant to anyone who got a bfp on accident!!!), have the most patience during difficult times, and, of course, have a great deal of love built up to shower those little guys with!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!!! Our day will come!!!
<3<3<3

Bumblebee-keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

GP-I hope you can get that BFP before any tests are needed.

Thanks so much for your support, ladies. I usually manage my emotions about this pretty well, but I think with the recent mc and the fact that I'm fully expecting af to show up in a couple of days (in the middle of my beach vacation no less), I've been a little down. I've been feeling like I have a bad case of PMS. I'm exhausted! I'm headed on vacation with one of my BFs, who is expecting her second at the end of March. I'm hoping she sprinkles me with baby juju.

In the meantime, I took a hpt tonight. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Of course it was bfn. I knew it would be. I spent 10 minutes trying to find any possible sign of a second line. TTC makes us ladies a little nutty sometimes.

I'm glad I have you gals to chat with about it. I just wish we could all get our BFPs at the same time (like now). I know it will happen for me and for the rest of us. I just hope I don't have to wait another 11 months for another chance. Anyway, I'm going to pour a glass of wine, turn on some music, and love the two furbabies I do have. They really are the sweetest little kiddos. They bring so much joy to my life.

I'll be back with positivity tomorrow! Have fun bd-ing, symptom spotting, peeing on sticks, trying to forget about ttc, sleeping, or whatever else you all may be doing.

Btw, my husband works nights. This is why I didn't mention him in my evening plans with the fur babies. It sounded like I forgot him.

I have a little giggle to share with all of you! Last night, I was watching "That 70's Show" on Netflix and there was an episode where Donna forgot to take one BCP dose. Of course, she and Eric completely freaked out thinking she was preggers (Hollywood I guess) and it just made me laugh inside. I was like, "girl...the likelihood of you getting pregnant after missing ONE BCP dose is so slim it's not even funny. For one, you'd have to be about to O or Oing when you missed that dose, which the other 27 doses should have taken care of for you and then you'd need to wait 6 months to a year for your body to start behaving normally again...blah, blah"...you all know what I'm talking about. Lol!

And now to more serious business...

Lionchild - I know how you feel. Right now, every time I get on Facebook, it seems like another one of my friends is pregnant or just gave birth within the past 6 months. While I am happy for them, it's like I'm missing this rite of passage as a woman that they all are getting to enjoy. The latest one that really got to me was a couple that literally just got married a few months ago and guess what, they're expecting. It made me sad. I try to push it out of my thoughts by using excuses like, "well, we are all in our late twenties now, it's just inevitable that all your friends are getting pregnant" but then I just feel worse because I know I'm getting left behind.

Then there are the people who try to be all "holier-than-thou" with me and tell me stories (typically not their own) about how so-and-so finally decided to adopt and boom, she fell pregnant a month later. First of all, DH and I want to adopt, maybe even children who have been rescued out of the sex-trade, which requires special training on our parts, but see, it costs A LOT of money these days, and while I believe we have sufficient funds to take care of our own, we do not have the money it takes to adopt. It's like a $40,000 venture. Down the line, yes. Perhaps after DH has been working a fancy job for a year or two with his electrical engineering degree he's working on earning. We're just not there yet.

So, Lionchild, something that I do to placate these awful feelings is I put all of my energy into helping other women get pregnant when they have no clue about what it really takes. Every once in a while I go through a phase of thinking about going back to school to become a fertility doctor because I already know so much about it. Instead of recognizing that I know all this because I've been trying unsuccessfully for so long, I just add it to my knowledge book (in my head) and use it for good. And I think Brie is right about those who wait longer will be better mothers for it in the end. I've learned so much about parenting in this process, and so has DH, that if for some reason our children are physically/mentally disabled, or crazy geniuses/prodigy children, I know we'll be able to handle it. And if they're normal, and come with all the normal craziness that ensues, we'll be ready for it too.

:hugs:

Oh Bumblebee and GP GL!!!! I'm holding out hope for you!!!!

:flower:

:dust:

Hi ladies I have been MIA all week. I'm 11 dpo today but I've been in bed all week with the stomach flu which hasn't been fun but it kept me occupied I guess and not thinking about the tww. I might test this weekend if af doesn't show first.

I know the feeling of everyone around you ending up pregnant. DH and I have also talked about adopting in the future. But that will have to wait until I'm done school and have a stable job. Which I hope is by this fall :)

Positive OPK today (which, thanks so PCOS might mean nothing) but FF says O is imminent, so I'm on the Baby-Making wagon for the next 3 or 4 days :)

The baby-making wagon is the best wagon in town. Well. Next to the actual baby wagon, of course.

HAHAHA! I'm a fan of any baby-related wagon! Yee-haw!

"Yee-haw". Oh man, reminds me of back home in Nashville... Which I'm leaving to go visit for a week tomorrow! Heading south. Oh crap, I have to see my family. Which means I will probably have to translate for DH, because he can't understand my grandmother's accent. :rofl:

HHAHAHAHA! Have fun, GingerPanda!

Other News: So I have been crampy and twingy all afternoon. My Ovaries feel 'tender' if that's the right descriptive word. I got another positive OPK, this time in the am (which REALLY doesn't mean anything for me) and a Negative this evening. CP is 'non-fertile' but changing daily (I think...) CM is getting more and more watery (right now it's mostly watery, a little lotiony).
Still BDing everyday - FF says I'm in my fertile window, but IDK. The past few cycles I've OV'd on CD35 & CD36. Tomorrow will be CD35, so........ I'm just PRAYING this happens soon!!!!! FX FX FX FX FX FX!!!!

Other Other News: I have a big audition tomorrow for a wonderful musical called Spring Awakening. Very excited. Also getting ready to direct my next show, Les Miserables in Concert. Very VERY excited!. Lots of stuff happening, hopefully there's time for a baby to be made! :p

Oh, yeah, and my birthday is in 3 days :) WEEEEEEEEE!!!

Happy early birthday!

And oooooh my goodness.... I love musicals! Back when I worked retail, I had an assistant manager who also loved them, and we were both pretty good impressionists, so we would sing Avenue Q duets really loud in the store after we closed. I make an awesome Kate Monster. :rofl:

LOL! Glad you waited until after hours to sing Avenue Q, hee hee! And thanks for the birthday wish!

<3

Also (Sorry, ladies, TMI alert!) has anyone ever noticed more frequent bowel movements around ovulation?? I don't think I noticed it last cycle, but for the last two or three days I've been having at LEAST 3 per day (I'm usually 1 every, or every other, day).

I've also read that it can be a sign of early pregnancy, but I'm SOOOO not ruling that in, lol! Just for future reference :)

Brie I think progesterone is supposed to 'block u up' (gross!) in that dept so ur body may have realised lp is approaching and shouted abandon ship?!

Congrats stitch and any other bfps? Tulips MIA?! Hope shes ok.

I am having a bad time of it as we have not bd'd on or around o at all due to dh's exhaustion. I know he suffers from depression but it seems like we're almost practicing contraception as every month we only manage once in the fertile window. This month none. I'm not even sure I will be able to go to the docs in April if we haven't conceived as his first question will be have u bd'd at the right times? Then he'll laugh us out of the office understandably. I'm at a loss ladies. Dh does want babies but his body doesn't seem to respond at the right times. Sorry it's turned into a long one.

Brie I think progesterone is supposed to 'block u up' (gross!) in that dept so ur body may have realised lp is approaching and shouted abandon ship?!

Congrats stitch and any other bfps? Tulips MIA?! Hope shes ok.

I am having a bad time of it as we have not bd'd on or around o at all due to dh's exhaustion. I know he suffers from depression but it seems like we're almost practicing contraception as every month we only manage once in the fertile window. This month none. I'm not even sure I will be able to go to the docs in April if we haven't conceived as his first question will be have u bd'd at the right times? Then he'll laugh us out of the office understandably. I'm at a loss ladies. Dh does want babies but his body doesn't seem to respond at the right times. Sorry it's turned into a long one.

Not to be a downer, because I know what it's like to want a baby soooo bad, but I think I would be focusing more on getting OH's depression under control before having a baby. Having a baby is a stressful time even for couples who don't suffer from depression. Has he been diagnosed with depression? Does he do any kind of therapy, or see a doctor, or take any medication for it? I know sometimes the medication can decrease libido, but it doesn't sound like you're getting much BD'ing done anyway. Perhaps he would be more in the mood if he felt better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->