The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Hi Ladies,

I really need to schedule time in my day for y'all. Seriously, just reading through some of the posts has uplifted my spirit tremendously. I love talking with y'all too! It's honestly nice to know that someone else understands and actually cares what I'm going through with all this.

Anyway, I've had a rough week and it's only Wednesday. Sigh. I'm coming under a lot of pressure at my job and to top it off, I have dreams in which I get a BFP and DH freaks out. I mean, he completely freaked out to the point that he basically left me on my own. What a dream to have right? Of course, waking up to realize it's not real, and then testing just in case and getting a BFN, makes it that much worse.

I honestly have NO idea what's going on with my cycles. I started a new cycle b/c I had two days of heavy spotting, though I still wouldn't call it AF, but the same weird spotting thing happened about a month ago and my temps did kinda sorta shift (maybe my system leaked progesterone somehow but I didn't O?) so I just called it a new cycle. Hopefully this one makes more sense. Check out my chart if you can see the last cycle...talk about rocky mountains. At least the number of cycle days from my last spotting/AF/whatever to this recent episode makes sense. And if I count from a day before my first high temp it would mean I had a 12 day LP and that kinda makes sense too.

Oh well. Hope to hear from you all again soon. I really do have intentions of being less flaky about posting on this thread!!!!

Love ya gals!

You SHOULD schedule time for us! My grocery store plays songs from Phantom of the Opera all the time and it makes me think of you. :haha:

I am sorry I'm rubbish when it comes to charting, so I can't help you there. I hope you're doing well! And I know they say "Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life," but I think that's a load. If it isn't stressful, it isn't work! Do try to take it easy sometimes though and come vegg out with us TTC-junkies!

My little Gummy Bear told me today to tell you all to ovulate!! Come on bodies! :winkwink:

Attachments

• photo2 (1).jpg
    photo2 (1).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2
Awww! :hugs:

I love it when ultrasounds make that bean-to-baby transition. So cute.

I think I have ovulated... But I am not sure what DPO I am. 2 or 3, I would guess. I need to temp. :dohh:

Thanks, Jenzy's gummy bear! Congrats on your 1st trimester mark that your recently hit!

So my ticker says 4 days til ovulation, but -- OH MY GOD IT'S SNOWING, sorry, I just looked out the window -- but I think I'm actually 2DPO today. My OPKs got dark on -- jeeze, it's snowing hard -- CD10, but weren't quite positive, and they've been lighter ever since. I had a weird tugging light crampy feeling on my right side on CD11, so I think that was O. My OPKs have only been getting lighter.

I went to the ticker site to try to change it, but it only lets your LP go up to 19 days... and this would make mine 20. I got my positive OPK in December on CD10 as well. Maybe I need to work on shortening my LP...?

Yay for snow!

20 days is a LONG luteal phase! I'm not sure how big a problem that is though. I would keep using opks to for a 4-5 more days to be sure that you don't get a positive. It is possible that it was an early surge but you didn't ovulate. I recently read an article from a medical journal (written in 2003) that describes a research study, and the findings suggest that many women's bodies may gear up to ovulate multiple times in one month. I can't find the article. I just tried looking for it. Here's a link to a website that at least summarizes the findings of this study https://rick.thrivingnow.com/women-may-ovulate-more-than-once-a-month-study-says/ . I'm not sure if you'd still get an LH surge during these 'false starts.' I have also heard that really early ovulation (e.g., before cd 11) can sometime be a problem because the quality of the egg may not be as good (not enough maturation), but I haven't read any scientific proof to back up this rumor. I'm sure there is some research on this topic though.

I would wait out the month and see what happens. It seems worthwhile to use some extra opks this month to figure out if you really do have a 20 day lp. But hopefully you get a bfp this month and none of this will matter!!

My OPK today was very light. :shrug:

I'll take another one tomorrow and see, I guess!

My opks have not gotten dark in the slightest. Headed to cd20. Erg. I'm pretty sure the mc screwed up my cycles. My last af was only 3 days instead of 6. Maybe it wasn't even a real af. Nothing I can do but wait. And bd of course!!

Thanks girls! I just wanted to let you all know I've been thinking about you all. GingerPanda, yes it sure is snowing!!

Thanks for the Love, Jenzy (and Little Gummybear!!! BTW, that sure is one cute UltraSound pic!!) And thanks so much for continually checking in! It feels really good not to be abandoned by someone who's "graduated", hee hee! <3

GingerPanda - I'm interested to know about long LPs, too... mine haven't been as long as 20 days, but I think 16 was my longest..... Let us know if you find anything out about that!
Also, I have a hard time trusting OPKS 100% - for me it's because I have SEVERAL positive OPKS in one cycle (Lionchild's theory might be true) and, obviously, only O once, sometimes without a +OPK. Sometimes my OPK are positive AFTER O. Temping is a really good idea just to be 100% sure (I should say 96%, really). It's hard at first, but eventually it just becomes routine :)

So, I actually have a question for y'all....
I feel like I asked this before, but I forget - does anyone get cloudy urine around O? I've had it for the last couple days, usually in the am, sometimes not.... I don't remember having it in previous cycles, and I don't have a UTI/Kidney infection...

I had that nice glob of EWCM the other day, but CP was MMO. I could DEFINITELY tell it was OPEN! Two days later (today) its HFC with Watery/Milky CM. Do you think it's more important for CP to be OPEN? or SOFT?? or HIGH??

My temps are 'creeping' up, but not in a convincing manner.

I've been super busy (not stressed, just RUSHED) so much lately, so I'm wondering if THAT has anything to do with it???

Anyway, sorry for the NOVEL! I had a HARD day working on our property and a long rehearsal, so I'm off to drink a (much deserved) glass of wine, watch Celebrity Rehab and PASS THE F*#^ OUT!!!

G'night and GOOD LUCK Beautifuls!!!
(in the theatre, we say BREAK A LEG, b/c "good luck" is bad luck..... what would we say here?????)

We would say... Oh crap, I don't know.

I've started calling myself "The One-Line Wonder". :haha:

So, I actually have a question for y'all....
I feel like I asked this before, but I forget - does anyone get cloudy urine around O? I've had it for the last couple days, usually in the am, sometimes not.... I don't remember having it in previous cycles, and I don't have a UTI/Kidney infection...

I had that nice glob of EWCM the other day, but CP was MMO. I could DEFINITELY tell it was OPEN! Two days later (today) its HFC with Watery/Milky CM. Do you think it's more important for CP to be OPEN? or SOFT?? or HIGH??

G'night and GOOD LUCK Beautifuls!!!
(in the theatre, we say BREAK A LEG, b/c "good luck" is bad luck..... what would we say here?????)

This may be totally stupid, but could your urine be cloudy because some cm has fallen in it? We tend to have much more during that time, so it was just a thought. I'll check my wee (if I ever friggen o again! :dohh:).

Are you checking your CP at the same time each day? I would think open and soft would be the most important. Open is definitely most important if we want to let Mr. :spermy: find his prize

I'm so tired today. I fell asleep drinking :wine: and watching tv on the couch last night (dh was at work). Not sure why I'm so groggy. It feels like right before af. :wacko:

This smiley cracks me up :holly:
And this one too :bunny:

Have a good day, ladies!

Oh and good idea, Brie. Let's all try to think of a good one-liner for wishing someone good luck on this thread (in a similar way to 'break a leg').

I got nothing yet...

In dance & music & some theatre companies say "Merde" (french for 'shit'), and opera you say Toi Toi Toi...... just a little inspiration.....

Break an Egg??? sounds like 'break a leg'.....or is that too graphic?

In dance & music & some theatre companies say "Merde" (french for 'shit'), and opera you say Toi Toi Toi...... just a little inspiration.....

Break an Egg??? sounds like 'break a leg'.....or is that too graphic?

I was thinking that before, but it made me hungry for breakfast. :haha: Plus, in fertility terms, it makes me think of the egg breaking out during O, so that would be a good thing.

Hmmmmmm, I'm thinking.

hee hee! It DOES make me think of the Egg BURSTING forth from the Ovary :) Awesome.

CP was higher and softer today :) a LOT more CM, but very much lotiony with peaks (???) I've been going back & forth between EWCM, Wet & Creamy for the last week.... I think I haven't done it yet, but am very very close to O! It better happen SOON b/c DF is going away for a week mid Feb & if I haven't O'd then, I just KNOW I will when he's gone! Maybe I should freeze some of his stuff..... j/k

Today I made a red velvet cake w/ cream cheese frosting. From scratch. Go me :)

I loooooove red velvet cake! But people always put cream cheese on it, and it makes me sad. :haha:

No me gusta cream cheese.

I like 'break an egg'. It's perfect!

Ya'll are getting me hungry with all this talk of cake. I'm trying to lay of the sweets right now, but now I'm going to be thinking of cake for the rest of the day. Must have some!

My hormones are officially jacked. No sign of O, and I've had crazy PMS-like symptoms. Yesterday, I was pretty much useless (foggy thinking, headache, irritability, exhaustion, bloating). This pre-O PMS was happening to me back in the fall. It would start about 5 days before I would O, and then I would also get really bad PMS a week before my af. I didn't even know what PMS felt like until about a year-and-a-half ago. I think I may have an uneven balance of estrogen and progesterone. My symptoms and short luteal phase are in-line with estrogen dominance. For now, I'm avoiding soy and flax. Also, I'm going to see an herbalist/acupuncturist next week to see what they can recommend/do to help. I've read that a liver detox/cleanse and colon detox/cleanse can help eliminate excess estrogen in the system, so I hope to learn more about this. I'm also hoping to avoid needing harsh drugs (e.g., Clomid) to solve my luteal phase issue. My doctor said taking Clomid would increase the likelihood of 'multiples' (yikes) to 10 percent (because I ovulate regularly).

Sorry for the long post. I've never been known for brevity (except in my academic writing).

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/thinkofyourbutt_zpsf40ca5e5.gif

Lionchild, my doctor told me the likelihood of twins is 10% (actually 20% in all the books, but 10% at my clinic) regardless of whether you ovulate already or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->