The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Lionchild, my doctor told me the likelihood of twins is 10% (actually 20% in all the books, but 10% at my clinic) regardless of whether you ovulate already or not.

Interesting. Mine told be that because I ovulate regularly, it increases my chance of multiples (not twins) to 10%. Maybe because twins is already increased by Clomid use, and I'm already ovulating one egg? :shrug:. Who knows! Anyway, I'd prefer to limit my chances of multiples. It sounds terrifying.

GingerPanda - I love Jenna Marbles! I watch her regularly :) So funny

No O yet, CP MFC. On/off twinges on L and R sides. Dunno, just dunno.

Went to another baby shower today. I don't think I want to go to another one for a while. They're starting to depress me.

Sorry, Brie. Babyshowers ARE depressing.

Can I get a list of all the CP abbreviations? I can't find one online. Maybe I'm just not searching the right thing. :haha:

HSO - High Soft Open (everybody's fav!)
MFC - Medium Firm Closed
LMM - Low Medium Medium

etc etc etc.

Feeling very depressed at the moment. I need to ban myself from Baby Showers, lol.

I can't believe I'm on CD55 and nothing. It is beyond cruel. I feel very very sad. I don't know what to do about this, ladies. I just feel like I have NO WHERE to turn to solve this problem, and it's really hurting my heart that I'm not even getting a CHANCE this cycle. Sigh. I want my period to come. I want her here, now. I want a new cycle, a fresh start, and another chance. I don't even want to TTC this cycle b/c it's too F'd up.

Let's go, body, let's just get this shitty few months over with!!! Seriously!

Virtual hugs appreciated. Thanks for being here, ladies. Really.
<3

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would be calling my doctor and asking for a prescription of Provera.

Brie, I totally understand. I would give your doc a call and let him/her know your feelings and what's up. I didn't go to my doc until nearly 100 days into a cycle - that was the last straw! I still haven't had a regular cycle, but at least it got the ball rolling.

Brie: sending a big hug your way! Facebook depresses me these days with all the baby pics and such so I totes understand abouy the showers. And I definitely hear you on the not ovulating bit. I went about a year without Oing before my last one. Now I'm about to give up even trying to understand my body. My advice: relax. Take a super bubbly bath, eat somewall chocolate, read a good book and breathe. It really helps.

Gingerpanda: your new avatar is hilarious.

So I have a random tmi question. So DH was "fooling around" with his fingerd yesterday and said he felt something he's never felt before. Based on where his fingers were I'd say he was feeling my uterus. He said it felt hard. Does anyone have any insight on that? Sorry if tmi.

DH did that once, and it was my cervix (I don't think either of us has fingers long enough to reach my uterus, and DH has some LOOOONG fingers).

Because the cervix changes throughout the month, as far as a man can be concerned, it's hardly ever gonna feel the same way twice with fingers. If I had to guess, I would say that's what it is.

If you're certain it wasn't that, have you tried feeling it yourself? If you're really concerned, you could always call your doctor.

I gave up trying to figure out what was going on with my body. I had to rely on the internal ultrasounds and meds to get my body functioning properly.
I took prometrium (its a form of progesterone my fertility doc said was better than provera) to get the ball rolling. Then I had to take letrozole to get my follicles to grow past 20mm, then I got the HCG shot to force ovualtion. A blood test the following week to make sure I Oed and a pregnancy test the following week.

I did this for four months in a row. I only had to take the prometrium once and after that my period came on a 32 day cycle until I got my BFP Sept 2011.

TTC is frustrating enough without not knowing what is going on inside your body.
But it can happen my 8 month old is proof of it.

Feeling very depressed at the moment. I need to ban myself from Baby Showers, lol.

I can't believe I'm on CD55 and nothing. It is beyond cruel. I feel very very sad. I don't know what to do about this, ladies. I just feel like I have NO WHERE to turn to solve this problem, and it's really hurting my heart that I'm not even getting a CHANCE this cycle. Sigh. I want my period to come. I want her here, now. I want a new cycle, a fresh start, and another chance. I don't even want to TTC this cycle b/c it's too F'd up.

Let's go, body, let's just get this shitty few months over with!!! Seriously!

Virtual hugs appreciated. Thanks for being here, ladies. Really.
<3

So sorry, Brie. I can imagine how frustrated you are with this cycle. My heart hurts for you.

I completely understand the mixed feelings between wanting a fresh, 'normal' cycle and not wanting to give up a chance for a bfp. My doctors want me to go on bcp for 3 months to regulate my hormones, but I don't want to give up ttc for 3 months. It's such a confusing set of feelings.

Have you ever tried Provera? I don't know much about it—like do many people find they have a more normal cycle after using it to encourage af-like bleeding?
I also think it's perfectly ok to turn down baby showers. Just make up an excuse and send a card and gift.

I'm with Opera on how depressing Facebook is. Babies are everywhere! They're still so cute though. Most people my age are on their second or third, which is even more bizarre and depressing. How can I be that old!? Anyway, that's why I'm checking in here and staying away from Facebook.

Hope you feel better soon. Treat yourself to something special.

TTC is frustrating enough without not knowing what is going on inside your body.
But it can happen my 8 month old is proof of it.

Thanks for sharing your story. It really does give me hope! I'm so happy you got your bfp and now a handsome little man. It must have felt amazing! How long before you decided that you needed to seek medical assistance in ttc?

I was diagnosed with pcos at 17. So I knew once it was time to ttc I would have an uphill battle. I went off the pill Sept 2009 and back on a daily dose of metformin, we started actively TTC in Feb 2010 where i took 50-200mg of clomid when AF came around. In sept 10, I was referred to a reproductive endocrinologist and started seeing them in Dec 10. I had to wait 6 months to complete the testing as the 200mg dose of clomid gave me huge cysts on my ovaries. After testing they discovered I had a hypothyroid as well as PCOS.
4 months of fertility drugs and I got my bfp.
It took 2 years and so many trips to the doctors I lost count, not to mention the 6 months before we started ttc to lose 50lbs. In June I will gear up to once again start the process of TTC again. I will start by getting my weight down and hoping I have an easier time the second go around.

Thank you thank you everyone! Just hearing from you all is enough to at least pull a girl back from the 'pit of despair'! <3<3<3

I wish I could go to a doctor any time I want, but I unfortunately don't have any insurance. ANY insurance. So I go to Planned Parenthood if I have any general questions, but they always refer me to an endochronologist which we can't afford.

Anyway, I can't quite shake the depressed feeling, but I've decided against complete hopelessness - I'm just going to ride this one out. If I don't O by day 100 (and I may not make it that far) then I will fork over the cash to see someone.

But I'm going to just relax for now. THe holidays were super busy aka stressful, and then we traveled (which was supposed to be a vacation, but was kinda stressful), and then I had auditions, & now rehearsals (read: stressful), on top of that I've been worrying myself downright apeshit since Christmas about Not O-ing, so I'm thinking that this may be the factor....... I dunno, but I've been allowing myself a few drinks in the evening to de-stress this past week. Can't say I'm proud if it, but I think I really just need to calm the fuck down!!!

I know you gals know what I'm talking about and I am SO SO SO glad this forum exists! Thanks for the ear!

Break An Egg!!!!
<3 <3 <3

Thank you thank you everyone! Just hearing from you all is enough to at least pull a girl back from the 'pit of despair'! <3<3<3

I wish I could go to a doctor any time I want, but I unfortunately don't have any insurance. ANY insurance. So I go to Planned Parenthood if I have any general questions, but they always refer me to an endochronologist which we can't afford.

Anyway, I can't quite shake the depressed feeling, but I've decided against complete hopelessness - I'm just going to ride this one out. If I don't O by day 100 (and I may not make it that far) then I will fork over the cash to see someone.

But I'm going to just relax for now. THe holidays were super busy aka stressful, and then we traveled (which was supposed to be a vacation, but was kinda stressful), and then I had auditions, & now rehearsals (read: stressful), on top of that I've been worrying myself downright apeshit since Christmas about Not O-ing, so I'm thinking that this may be the factor....... I dunno, but I've been allowing myself a few drinks in the evening to de-stress this past week. Can't say I'm proud if it, but I think I really just need to calm the fuck down!!!

I know you gals know what I'm talking about and I am SO SO SO glad this forum exists! Thanks for the ear!

Break An Egg!!!!
<3 <3 <3

Hey, you don't have to defend stress-drinking to me! There were two or three days out of my work week that I would come home, go straight to the kitchen, and down three shots of Jameson. ... Jameson is also my traditional St Patty's day breakfast. Maybe this year will be the first since I discovered the magic of whiskey through my Irish ancestors that I'll have to have a "normal" breakfast. :haha:

I don't drink much at all since I became a SAHW. Which is good, because if I hadn't, DH probably would have tried to send me to AA by now. :dohh:

Don't feel bad, Brie. A cycle like the one you're facing would lead a nun to the bottle. Oh wait, nuns already drink. Hmm, can't think of a better comparison without possibly offending someone who happens upon this thread.

I have not quick drinking while ttc either. I have cut back for a few months here and there (and of course I quit when I got the bfp). I drink 2-3 glasses of wine 5-6 nights of the week (over a 4-5 hour period with food) . And usually a couple times a month, I end up at social events where I drink a little too much.

My husband is a professional sommelier. Quitting drinking while ttc doesn't really fit our lifestyle. We get all of our wine for free for crying out loud! Someone has to enjoy it.

After about a year of ttc, I would be losing my sh&t if I had given up all of the "bad" things for your body and still not have conceived. I have chosen to eat healthier and workout more, but I love healthy foods, so that's not very difficult. I DON'T love non-alcoholic wines and beers. Yuck!

If anything external is causing me not to conceive, I would say it's the stress of my PhD program, teaching, and research positions&#8212;although, I'm now done with coursework, so the load is lighter now.

Now if the doctor tells me to give up alcohol to increase my chances of ttc, then I will. Until then, cheers!

Thank you girls! Thank you! You are wonderful souls :)

Here's my positive spin on last nights rant:

Just Relax and focus on your work, Brie. Keep BDing. It will happen when it's supposed to and no amount of you forcing it will work - you'll just end up screwing with things and stressing yourself out. Enjoy your life and your fiance and let go. Let go, and let that baby come! :)

That's my new mantra. Whew! OK!

Lionchild - that is just about the best job in the world if it comes with free wine! ;)

GingerPanda - what is a SHAW???

Brie don't feel bad about drinking. I work at a Christian school and there are days I just seriously need some disarronno. Seriously I think God made alcohol to make us merry and to help us relax when nothing else will.

Update: pretty sure DH was feeling my cervix which was an educational experience for us both. That being said I took an hpt this morning and saw a hint of a line. It could be the indent though. I'm going to test again around the 10th b/c if there's the slight chance I o'd the day I spotted then I'd only be 8dpo today. Don't know what to think. All I can say is that this chart has been exceptionally odd. When I'm not o'ing my temps stay low. Not the case this go around.

Ladies...I think I'm psyching myself out. I have weird butterflies in my stomach and I feel like I'm experiencing 20 different emotions at once. Since Friday I've had this weird glow about me but I'm also so tired at the moment the thought of just closing my eyes for a month sounds so nice but then I also feel like jumping off the walls and just dancing like a crazy person. Then I'm hungry but I just ate, and I'm sick to my stomach because I just ate and I think I pulled a muscle in my lower back b/c oh my gosh it hurts. SIGH!!!! How can one person be feeling all of this at one time?????!!!!! And then I truly don't understand why I'm feeling this way b/c my chart really gives zero indication of any chance of pregnancy and it just doesn't make any sense yo. What the heck is wrong with me???!!!!

Okay, I'd say I've officially gone ttc crazy. I mean, it's finally driven me off the deep end.

I'm sorry. You can ignore me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->