The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

When my DH did an SA we actually were sent home to "ehem" complete the test. Perhaps they'll do that for you? It makes it SO much less awkward.

I asked about that, but they said they had to have the sample in the lab within 30 minutes of ejaculation, and the lab is 40 minutes away. So we have no choice. :nope: DH had a scheduling conflict, actually, and I had to reschedule his SA for earlier in the morning. So he has to spooge in a cup in a strange place before 10am now. :haha:

He woke me up this morning and was like "I had a wet dream." I sat straight up in bed from a dead sleep and said "NO DON'T DO THIS TO ME". :rofl:

That's the way it works, right? You get pregnant as soon as you don't want to? :haha: At least you would be pregnant! I think it would be worth it. Missed all you ladies!

Glad to hear from you gals again!

Opera, I hope you get your inconveniently-timed BFP this month! Things have a way of working out. The Christmas program would still go on, you'd probably just have to recruit some helpers.

GP-Can't wait to get an update on the SA. How long do the results take? Also, did your DH really have a WD, or was he joking?

Brie- After all the work you've been putting in, you deserve a vacation. Sounds fun!

I'm hoping for a Christmas baby! I think I O'd yesterday. I forgot to do OPKs this month, except for 1 day. I felt O pain yesterday and it is the right time of the month. We DTD yesterday. Won't be able to do it again until Friday because DH works 16 hour shifts on Thursdays. Oh well! Que sera, sera.

LOL, he didn't really. :haha: The jerk. They said it'll take about five days to get the results.

I hope you have a Christmas baby, too! :thumbup:

Hope everyone is doing well.

AFM, I'm afraid I have bad news. DH's work is really bothering him to the point that he wants to quit before even finding another job. With his skills, I can't see him being unemployed long, but I might have to drop down to WTT. He is going to talk with someone today, so we'll see. The thought of going to WTT is really sad, especially when I'm so close to getting Clomid (probably today), but if he's really unhappy, then that is of course my main concern. I like the company he works for, so I hope he can work it out. If not, I'm behind him 100%. :hugs:

But it is hard to put something you want so much aside when you're so close.

I'm sorry about this possible hiccup, GP. I hope your husband is able to work it out with the company (at least temporarily).

My husband goes through phases of being very unhappy at work, but we have agreed that he won't quit until he has another job lined up. Like your husband, he would likely find work quickly, but since so many of our bills are dependent on his salary (my sad salary from my TAship and RAship would only cover our mortgage), it would be very stressful if he was out of work for very long. We'd have to dig into our savings, which is what it's for, but stressful nonetheless.

Maybe he can stick it out for a couple of weeks while he looks for another job. Could he take a few days off to clear his mind and get away from work?

I hope you don't have to move to the WTT, especially since you're excited about the chance to try Clomid. You are a good partner in supporting him no matter what the decision is though. Being an adult is no fun sometimes.

Keep us updated!

Hey girls who got their BFPs already, how are you all doing? Jenzy and Borr, you're getting pretty far along. Keep us updated!

I talked to DH about it. I told him I would just get the Provera to kick-start AF, but hold off on the Clomid. He told me to go ahead and get the Clomid, and that we would see what we wanted to do later today. So I'm not sure what we're doing. :shrug:

Oh, yes! I'd love to hear from the preggos!

I could really use some positivity right about now, ladies.

DH turned in his notice. He immediately said he felt like it was a mistake, but when I told him just to talk to his boss about it, he said there are some things you just can't take back. So I called my old place of employment and got rehired. I'll be starting back to work next week.

I think we're now officially WTT.

DH's count of "normal" sperm was low at 5%.
My doctor also told me I have mild PCOS, even though all my tests are normal.
He wants us to try for three months more, but we're not trying right now.
He said after we start trying again for three months longer, that he would want to retest DH, then recommend us to a FS to look at doing AUI. :cry:

Today really sucks. I just feel like we got kicked when we were down.

What do you mean "normal?" Was he talking about Morphology? 5% morph is in the normal range and I was able to get pregnant when my hubby had a morph of 4%. No artificial insemination, I was on drugs for my PCOS but we conceived the old fashioned way. We thought it was the end of the world when we heard about low morph until we read into it.
The only thing my husband did in the 4 months it took from the SA to conception was take a multi vitamin.

THANK YOU

I needed a little positivity! I asked my doctor if there was any multi-vitamin DH could take or anything we could do, and he said no!

But DH just stopped drinking like 6 Pepsis a day, so maybe caffeine had something to do with it too. I'll see if I can get him on a men's multivitamin. Maybe he will have more "good swimmers" by the time we can try again.

OMG Y'ALL!

DH has already been offered an interview! ....in Reno, Nevada. So we would have to move really far away from our families. But I already live far away from mine, so that's not a big deal. I've never been to Nevada. The desert kinda scares me, as I'm you know... ginger and all. :haha:

DH asked me if I wanted to go, and I said it was amazing he got an interview before he even left work the same day he put in a letter of resignation. I told him I would be happy to go anywhere if I was going with him.

My FS said to get on the mega men's vitamins, my hubby didn't like them (they're also like 50$ a month) so he just took a normal multi-vitamin. He also limited his caffeine intake from lots of coffee to tea.

Good news on the job interview!

Oy my goodness, GP! You have had a roller coaster of a day!

I'm sorry about the SA. It sounds like wantanerd has been able to provide positivity about that. I know NOTHING about spermy stuff. I guess I'll know more if DH gets SA next month. I hope the vitamins help your DH. Just curious, how was the doc able to diagnose mild PCOS?

The job opportunity sounds exciting! Change can be fun! DH and I moved from our home state of CA to NM 4 years ago so that I could attend graduate school. It has been an incredible experience. We miss CA and family, but the high desert has really grown on us (skiing and backpacking galore!). I'm sure you two will talk about it more and decide what's best.

But wow, talk about an eventful day! I hope you get to keep TTC. I wouldn't want to quit after trying this long even if the timing was bad, so I can imagine how you feel. Sending lots of positivity your way!

Thanks for the positivity, ladies. I really needed it. :blush:

Today has just been NUTS!

Lionchild: I'm not sure how he diagnosed me with PCOS. All my tests are normal. He pretty much said "You have irregular periods, therefore you have mild PCOS." He said he didn't want to put me on Metformin or anything because it wasn't that bad. So I don't know what the heck to think! :dohh:

Hey ladies! I hope you are all doing well.

GP I would go see another doctor for a second opinion! How frustrating it must be to get no help or at least he should tell you something??? :nope:

I am doing great, went baby shopping last week and we've got almost everything for our little girl. Also had a scan this week and here she is :kiss:

22 3d.png

So far it's all been great, just had an infection this week and had to go on antibiotics, but it's ok.

Also popped this last few weeks, here's a picture of us last week (we went to Disney!!) Oh and I finally started feeling her at 21 weeks!! Took so long! :cloud9:

disney.jpg

Thanks, Borr. I thought about looking for another doctor too.

So excited for you! Your bump is adorable!

Aww Borr, you're looking great! It must be so cool to feel your little girl moving around! I can't even imagine what that must feel like. Thanks for the update! Hope you continue to feel good and that your infection clears up quickly. H&H 17 weeks! She'll be here before you know it!

Lionchild: I'm not sure how he diagnosed me with PCOS. All my tests are normal. He pretty much said "You have irregular periods, therefore you have mild PCOS." He said he didn't want to put me on Metformin or anything because it wasn't that bad. So I don't know what the heck to think! :dohh:

:shrug: I'm glad you are going to get a second opinion. It seems strange that they would strictly rely on your irregular cycles as a diagnosis, but then, I don't know much about how PCOS is diagnosed. I'd just want to make sure it isn't something other than PCOS that is causing the irregularity. You want to know exactly what the issue is so that you can work on resolving it. There are so many different types of hormonal imbalances that can affect your cycle as well. The problem is that they can be difficult to diagnose. I hope you are able to get some more detail at your next appointment. Lots of :hug: and positivity to you!

Hey everyone! I have been lurking everyday checking up on you all but don't want to bust in too much.

My little Henry Bump is doing great! I've been able to feel him for weeks but I have a posterior placenta. Its awesome when they kick your hand! I think he does flips inside. I finally feel good. Bleeding and being nauseous so long took a toll on me! I have been trying to get the nursery cleaned up.

I'm currently sitting at work lazy with my feet propped up so no pictures now!

GP, I'd love to move to the desert! Hot weather for me!! The crappy, slow to come spring has not been fun for me!

Jenzy, I think you've earned a little laziness, so pictures can wait. :haha: Would like to see them, though!

I found out that the Reno position is a temporary four-month engagement with the possibility of being permanently hired. It pays OODLES of money, but living expenses are not covered. So we have to see if it would be enough to cover home and an apartment there. He's also got possibilities closer to us. We'll see what happens!

But I hear ya on this crappy weather! Looks like the high is going to be 67 tomorrow, though! Maybe Spring has finally sprung! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->