The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Okay, not feeling so positive right now. My last cycle was 34 days so I assumed I'd be ovulating today/tomorrow. Instead, I'm spotting and AF will surely start either later today or tomorrow. What a bummer!

I've had one 15 day cycle and one 34 day cycle after stopping the pill and this one will be either 19/20 days. So confused now. When should I use OPKs this cycle? How will I figure out my fertile days if all my cycles continue to be all over the place?

Sorry to vent like this. I'm still praying for you all! :)

How long ago did you stop the pill?

Sometimes it can take several months to straighten out, especially if you've been on BC a long time. That said, lots of women are good to go pretty much immediately as well.

If you've got a lot of OPKs, I would probably start testing a couple of days past AF.

How long ago did you stop the pill?

Sometimes it can take several months to straighten out, especially if you've been on BC a long time. That said, lots of women are good to go pretty much immediately as well.

If you've got a lot of OPKs, I would probably start testing a couple of days past AF.

I stopped taking it on March 1st. Maybe I'm one of those who takes time to return to normal? I'm waiting for AF to show up (only spotting now) and will probably buy bulk OPKs from amazon so that I can start testing from CD5! Thanks :)

Yes I would start testing early. It's only been a couple months since stopping the pill so don't get to worried yet.

kiki- You may want to consider taking a daily B-complex vitamin (in addition to prenatals). Certain B vitamins can help with the regulation of hormones, and it sounds like your hormones may be out of whack after going off BCPs (as many women experience after BCPs). B-complex had helped me tremendously with my hormonal imbalance. I can't say it works for everyone, but it's worth a shot. And as a warning, I didn't start seeing significant improvements from the vitamins until I had been taking them for 35-40 days.

As for OPKs, maybe buy some cheapies on Amazon so that you can start testing as soon as AF is done.

A good typical timeline for expecting any vitamin to take full effect is about three months (90 days).

Just logged in to remind all of you that whiskey is an amazing thing. :haha:

kiki- You may want to consider taking a daily B-complex vitamin (in addition to prenatals). Certain B vitamins can help with the regulation of hormones, and it sounds like your hormones may be out of whack after going off BCPs (as many women experience after BCPs). B-complex had helped me tremendously with my hormonal imbalance. I can't say it works for everyone, but it's worth a shot. And as a warning, I didn't start seeing significant improvements from the vitamins until I had been taking them for 35-40 days.

As for OPKs, maybe buy some cheapies on Amazon so that you can start testing as soon as AF is done.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that! Can't hurt, right?! And yes, just ordered some OPKs in bulk! :) :hugs:

Good plan on the OPK's Kiki. Are you going to temp in the future or just use OPK's. I personally don't temp and I don't think that I will.

Ladies, I'm a bit confused! I had some spotting yesterday and this morning but now it seems to have disappeared with no sign of AF! Plus, unless I'm really mistaken, I can see lots of EWCM - it's wet, slippery and stretchy! Was my spotting ovulation bleeding? I'm kicking myself for not testing with OPKs yesterday and today and missing BDing yesterday although we DTD the 2 day before that. Will be BDing today and tomorrow as well.

Am I on the right track here? I've never really had mid cycle spotting before!

Good plan on the OPK's Kiki. Are you going to temp in the future or just use OPK's. I personally don't temp and I don't think that I will.

I think I might try temping if I don't get a BFP this cycle. I've also ordered taking charge of your fertility!

Some women spot mid-cycle. I never have... I have started AF two weeks early, though! This year has been screwed UP with my cycles!

I have PCOS, and my doctor says it's not bad enough for Metformin, so it's untreated. My cycles are messed up because of it. I'm trying to find a new doctor.

I have PCOS, and my doctor says it's not bad enough for Metformin, so it's untreated. My cycles are messed up because of it. I'm trying to find a new doctor.

All the best with that! It can be tough finding the right doctor but I really hope you do! :hugs:

GP, it's so hard to find a good doctor, yet it's so important! I hope you find one soon!

kiki- I used to think I had ovulation spotting. Many women do. For a couple of years it would happen on the 12-13 day of each cycle. Then, it started happening from like the 12-18 day of each cycle, which isn't normal. Once I started TTC I found out that I didn't O until cd19 each month. My former doctor thought the spotting was from a rise in estrogen that occurs a week before O, but it's hard to be sure. I tend to be sensitive to spotting (I had implantation bleeding with the mc and I often spot after sex). Anyway, I haven't had a spotting issue since taking B-complex, so in my folk theory opinion, I think my spotting was due to a hormonal imbalance that has somewhat improved with increases exercise, reduced stress, and vitamins. If you had EWCM, I would definitely BD. Once you figure out when you're Oing, it will be easier to identify if it's O spotting or not. I hope your body gets back to pre-BCP normal for you soon!

Hey gals! I'm a great-auntie! My great-nephew was born last night. He is a whopping 9 lbs! Mom and baby are doing great. I get to meet him in 2 weeks!

Thanks Lion child! I had this mid cycle spotting for the first time so I couldn't find another explanation than O spotting but I agree that it could be something else. But I have been seeing a lot of wet, slippery CM and it looked like EWCM yesterday so I'm assuming I'm ovulating :)

And congrats! Aww :) :hugs:

LionChild! Congrats! It's called being a great-aunt because you have leveled up in auntie-ing! From one aunt to another, congrats on your new grand-nibbling! :happydance:

AFM,

I actually O'd! Clomid worked!

Now let's hope it gives me a little nerdling!

LionChild! Congrats! It's called being a great-aunt because you have leveled up in auntie-ing! From one aunt to another, congrats on your new grand-nibbling! :happydance:

AFM,

I actually O'd! Clomid worked!

Now let's hope it gives me a little nerdling!

Amazing! :D fingers crossed for you!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->