The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

October 4 is my due date according to countdowntopregnancy using my ovulation date.

Aw great news frustrated!!! So happy for you!!

Come on 2014! Bring on those BFPs!!!!

Congrats frustrated! I took an ovulation test last night and two lines showed up! I doubt I am ovulating... NEVER have I had something happen this early (today is day 13) but I am waiting for hubby to get home to watch the little one while I go get blood work and an ultrasound to see whats going on. It would be awesome if I were triggered today though, its hubby's 29th birthday!

Frustrated!! OMG Congratulations hun!! God theres loads of us now this is a lcuky little thread!!

Yes it is a lucky thread. I'm so excited and I told my parents yesterday. I was on FaceTime with my mom and I showed her the positive test and she freaked out. My dad called me from work worried something was wrong because I texted him and told him to call me when he got a chance and when I told him he just kept saying that's perfect. It was so funny he is so excited to be a grampy again.

No ovulation for me yet =(. Ov Strips don't work on me. Next appt is on Friday. Hoping to get triggered on sunday or monday and right now hubby will be home those days!

Oh my goodness Frustrated Congrats!!!!!! YAY!!! 2014 and October babies are AWESOME!!!! I'll add the flashy :bfp: sign next to your name!!!!! We officially made it to 10 BFPs!!!!

So the appointment went well....other than the doctor tried to talk me out of Clomid, prescribed me prometrium (instead of provera) which I'm happy about other than I can't afford it until my stupid insurance through the stupid ACA comes through (it should have showed up a month ago) and prescribed my first round of clomid which she promptly cancelled before I had the chance to pick it up b/c she wants to "talk" with me so I had to make a second appointment which is now tomorrow (Thursday). SIGH! Okay rant over. I just wish I could get on with it already. Sheesh! I'm starting grad school next fall and I don't want to be due during finals week! Ok, rant now really over.

GL Wantanerd! I hope it all works out for you!!!! Yay for positivity! Yay for lucky threads! Yay for 2014!!!! Yay for the new Mommas-to-be!!!! Yay! (All said while jumping up and down).

What the heck is her deal? I hope your doc gives you the Clomid! Why was she trying to talk you out of it?

I say demand that Clomid, Opera! You are a perfect candidate for it! My doc didn't think I needed it (I may not because I O regularly). Still, I told her I wanted to try it (just once before seeing RE), and she listened. I hope yours does the same because I really think it could improve your chances of getting a BFP. Good luck at your, appt!

wantanerd, have you O'd yet?

AF is due Friday or Saturday. I'll test Sunday if she doesn't show. I'm not feeling particularly confident about this cycle. I was more positive earlier in the cycle, but now I'm sort of expecting the usual (AF right after I get a BFN). We did have a very good BD schedule though. Oh yeah, this is the positivity thread, so I guess I'll leave with "I'm still in it!"

Clomid is usually the first step, I had 6 rounds, was a raging bitch and it caused even more cysts on my ovaries. Yes it's cheap but sometimes the side effects outweigh it. See what she proposes. Letrozole which is what I am on, I have never had a problem with.
But I would try clomid first to see if you ovulate on that alone, if not, maybe add the HCG shot with makes you ovulate and clomid is there to help grow your follicles.

As for me.... Day 24 will be friday and maybe I will get triggered. DH will be gone from Sunday afternoon-Monday night for his job interview so lets hope I get triggered on friday or saturday. I am hoping Friday, if it was saturday I have to drive an hour and a half to the open clinic. Follicles have been growing slowly this cycle. Most likely due to the stress of our lives being up in the air, but if the job interview goes well, we might be moving to Virginia for a year which has me less than pleased. It's definitely not the right time to get pregnant but who knows what our insurance will be in when we leave the military and since it was free, we went for it. I know I am asking alot... for my hubby to get a job and to get pregnant.
But I am on this journey this cycle and all I can hope is if it is meant to be it will be.
Good Luck Opera! Hope you get more questions answered!

GP she was mainly talking about the side effects Wantanerd referenced. I agree with Lionchild though, I really do believe I'm a good candidate for Clomid, and this is after at least 2 years of trying everything else under the sun before one tries fertility drugs.

I think she was also concerned with my weight, but I know for a fact that my weight has nothing to do with it. Yes, I'm on the heavier side for my height and yes, my symptoms get aggravated when I gain weight, but I've had perfect weight:height ratios in the past and it didn't change a darned thing - I still had unpredictable cycles (I just didn't care then which is regrettable because I wasn't married and certainly wasn't trying to get pregnant while attending college). BCPs made my irregular cycles 20Xs worse as an after-effect, and caused me to gain 20 lbs in two weeks once coming off of them (I know, odd).

As for right now, I live a healthier lifestyle than most skinny people. I've almost completely cut out pop (soda), my cupboards and fridge have nothing but organic foods in them, I take organic prenatal vitamins that are also four servings of fruits and veggies (which are also a daily part of my diet), I even wash with organic soaps and shampoos. I've supplemented my diet with vitamin D, a vitamin E compound from Arbonne and omega-3s from purified, organic fish oils. Once the weather finally improves, both my husband and I will be riding our bikes to work every day and until then, I chase around a 1-yr-old for a living so I'm not exactly non-active. And every lifestyle change I've made, my husband has too, and he's lost at least 40 lbs thus far when I've only lost about 5 so the PCOS is just screwing with me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant again, I'm just frustrated that I have to explain all this yet again to my doctor. I do have to give her props for wanting to be more thorough though, because she is a new doctor (for me) and she was the first and only doctor I've seen to be so up front and honest about everything.

Okay I have to run. Thanks for all your support ladies!!!! Sending tons of :dust: to those not "out yet."

Hey ladies!! I was in the old thread && have just recently gotten back on the b&b site. I needed a break. But I'm back and ttc with Femara (letrozole). I'm on CD 10 now, waiting to ov.. I'm glad I found you ladies again, it's time for me to be positive!!

Welcome back wantabby! I'll add you to the list! GL for this cycle! This year has proven to be rather lucky so you picked a super good time to return!!! :) :dust:

Thank you Opera!! So you have been confirmed PCOS?? If you have I would ask for Femara. I have take 11 cycles with clomid. I did ovulate, but it dried up my cm and my sex drive. I know this is only my first cycle of Femara, but my cm is alread MUCH better && so is my libido..lol!! It's just a thought.. Clomid may work perfectly for you, it has for many ladies.. when will you start meds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->