The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

Good luck with this cycle, wantabby!

Opera, it's great that DH is now on board. I hope you have a good experience with your RE.

Bumble, glad to hear that your baby is healthy and wiggling around. Happy 27 weeks!

AFM, I'm just waiting for AF so I can begin my cycle of testing. I leave on vacation on Friday evening, so I need AF to arrive by Thursday so I can get certain blood work drawn on Friday before I leave. Tomorrow I'll be 11 DPO, and that's how long my LPs are, so I'm expecting AF tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Lionchild - fingers crossed as shows up on time so you can get your blood works done and then relax & enjoy your holiday xx

Hey Ladies!

I know it's been a while but I was wondering how everyone was doing? Any status updates?

It seems like lots of us needed a break from this thread and/or forum since the last comment was over a month ago!

AFM: appointment with RE went really well...she was the FIRST doctor to actually listen to me. Yay! Only bummer is that even though my insurance covers a big portion of my testing, it won't cover much of my blood testing and I have to pay up front which is really expensive and so I've had to put some things on hold which was hard for me. I know I'll get there eventually. Also, I just got a new job that will start in the fall so money for testing and treatment won't even be an issue anymore which is SUPER exciting!

Anyone else? News? Anything? I hope everyone had a nice Easter (for those who celebrate). :)

Hi Opera,

Sorry some of the tests had to be put on hold but Yay for new job!! :-D

As for us we're already in our 3rd and final trimester!! Scary stuff we've recently moved a few hundred miles out to the countryside which so far is very relaxing and peaceful.

Xxx

Opera - yay for the new job!!!! Everything happens for a reason...it will now allow you the freedom to do all the testing with out worrying!

Bumble - yay for 3rd tri!!! It's the hardest to tell you the truth...very uncomfortable. So if you can sleep now, DO IT! Lol because you won't be able to soon.

As for me....c section on Friday am!! Twinkles are coming!!! I'm scared out of my mind. Lol you think after all these years waiting I wouldn't be...it's crazy to think just a few days and I will have my babies after years of struggling.

Opera, congrats on a good RE and a new job!

Bumblebee, congrats on 3rd tri!

Stinas, congrats on babies!

AFM... Nothing good.

SIL had teen mistake illegitimate child #2 yesterday, and everyone wants me to be happy for her. Not happening. Just depressed right now. Hubs's employer screwed up his tax exemptions, so we owed the federal government $2300. That was, unfortunately, all the money we saved from me miscarrying naturally instead of doing a D&C that we were going to use to go on a vacation to the UK this year. Now we don't get to go. Working on the first AF since miscarriage #2. It's going on twice as long as it should with no end in sight. Good things? Oh, those only happen to other people. *curls back up in her ball of depression*

Ginger - Im sorry!!! That shit pisses me off when I hear stories of people like that. You don't have to be happy for her!!! Be happy for the people who have struggled or the truly genuine people....not the ones who don't really care.
Don't let yourself down! Its really easy to. I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel! There were plenty of times I almost gave up.....especially when a moron doc told me only way I could have a baby is through donor IVF.......well she was totally wrong idiot! If I was not strong, I would have believed her.
Please take my advance and try to enjoy whatever time you get with dh....regardless of if you go away or not. Money comes and goes. It always goes during the hard times....trust me....but hey, what the heck are you going to do....f it and enjoy your life. You both have your health and thats all that matters right now!
I almost killed DH before our first IVF cycle.....his entire family loves to gamble.....well my idiot got in a situation with a bookie...."won" 20k......well the bookie didn't like that and accused him of cheating.....and ended up making him pay up 20k. This was literally a week or two before my cycle that we needed to pay 30k cash for. It was devastating.
So shit happens...dont let it bring you down. Good things do happen to people who deserve it.....unfortunately...we just have to work a little harder for it. Makes it all worth it in the end!

Yay stinas! So thrilled for you! I am getting settled in VA. Hoping once our house rents back in bama most of the stress will be gone and I will find an RE around here. Insurance should cover the same things that got me my son (with a co pay per office visit).

Yay Bumble!!!! Enjoy these last few months!!! I hear you can really start to decipher your baby's personality in 3rd Tri but of course I don't know that for sure!

Oh. My. Gosh. Stinas!!!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you and I'll be praying for you on Friday!!!!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! :flower: :hugs: :blue: :pink: !!!!!!

Ginger, I am SO sorry about what's going on in your life right now. Stinas totally gave good advice: you DO NOT have to be happy for your SIL. You don't even have to be happy for people who are legitimately married and expecting who clearly don't appreciate what they've been given (I can think of a spoiled little immature brat in my own life who carries that attitude and only complains about her figure and how pregnancy makes her fart more....barf. Every time I see her I want to rip her hair out).

Anyway, it IS "funny" how money gets tighter when you need it the most. I've totally been there and I totally know how it feels. Some of the best advice I've gotten in the past is to have what's called an emergency fund. Start with $1000 and then work toward growing it into 3-6 months worth of income. That way, when the gov't screws you over or an employer messes with your w-2s or your transmission goes out or one of you loses a job...you won't have to worry about it. This is separate from your normal savings btw. When you get there, it truly gives some serious peace of mind. Sometimes you have to start over (happened to DH and I a couple times) but it was nice having it there for those instances so we didn't have to go into to debt to fix our financial problems.

You know the old saying, "there's a season for everything"? It's true. Tough times build character. They will grow and strengthen your marriage and they will make you better parents. It WON'T last forever. I know this from experience. You'll get through it Ginger. Keep your chin up. :) :hugs:

I'm glad things are settling down for you wantanerd! I hope everything works out!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your lovely comments :-D

Stings: good luck for Friday, exciting times lie ahead!! I know the feeling it's quite daunting to think very soon you'll have a little baby to love and care for! At the same time though it's just sooo exciting.

GP: sorry to hear things aren't so good atm :-( but everyone above has given the best advice.

Wantanerd: Glad your settling well into your new home xx

I'm staying very busy with work at the moment, but I wanted to say hi and that I'll be quietly stalking.

Also, I can't wait for good news from Stinas on the twins!!

Bumblebee, I can't believe you are already 33 weeks! Your pregnancy has flown by!

Same here! Can't wait to hear about the twins, Stinas! :happydance:

I have started calorie counting, and I got a Fitbit. Anyone who has a Fitbit should send a friend request to me!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2C7FH7

I have already lost 2 lbs! 43 more to go!

Eeehh me too can't wait to here from Stinas about the twins.... It's just so exciting :-D

Lionchild: It has just flown by!! He'll be here soon xxx

Stinas!!!!!!!!!!!! News???? I know it's still early after Friday but I'm optimistic!!!! I hope everything went well!

GP: how are you feeling today? I hope the weekend brought you some rest and peace of mind. :) :hugs:

Ladies! I had my FIRST NATURAL NORMAL CYCLE IN 14 YEARS!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how that happened but I finally have high hopes for this next cycle. The only thing I can really pin it to is, believe it or not, my church loves kids and we had a night where they got to pray over people....well...this one little boy came and prayed for me (at the beginning of my last cycle) and said the sweetest, simplest prayer, "Lord, please let this woman have a baby." Well, two weeks after that I ovulated (right on schedule!!!) and two weeks after that (today) I got AF (right on schedule!!!). I know not everyone on this thread is Christian (I STILL totally respect that!) but I hope my story encourages everyone nonetheless. :) Even though I didn't get pregnant this cycle, having a natural, normal-length cycle is such a HUGE deal for me.

How is everyone else doing?

Omg Opera what a lovely story!! I hope it was the prayer that has helped.

Fingers are firmly crossed for this month.

As for us we've got babies moses basket all set up in our room and we've just put up his new bouncer only 6 more weeks to go it's sooo exciting xxx

So, I realized that if I ovulate on time (meaning I have another normal cycle), there's the possibility that I'll conceive on Mother's Day. Woot! That would be one awesome story....

:dust: to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring is in the air! And with it comes NEW LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of you ladies! I hope you're doing well!

Hey ladies!!!! Sorry it took me sooooo long to update...its been hectic last few days, but we are finally home and all settled in. Slowly getting into a routine now.

Angeliki (Gigi)(Baby A) Born on April 25 at 8:12am - 5lbs 11oz 18.5in long

Yianni (Johnny)(Baby B) Made his appearance at whopping 2 min behind his sister 8:14 weighing 6lbs 8oz 19.5in

Gigi was admitted to the NICU right away due to fluid in lungs...she spent all of friday and most of saturday in there, which was upsetting, but it was only routine, so I am thankful for that.
Yianni was a champ from the start. In recovery he bf right away. I was contemplating doing it, but he found his way and just latched on like a champ. I was amazed actually. I fed him all of friday, but by sat he was starving and I had to formula feed. I was upset, but poor kid was too upset and hungry....I couldn't keep up. Not to mention they bottle feeding Gigi in NICU and she didn't want to latch on at all, so I just gave up on the whole bf thing.

I can't explain to you what an amazing feeling this is. Its still soooo surreal, still does not feel like they are mine, but once they look at you and smile, all those years of crying go right away. I can't wait for you all to experience it.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Congrats, mama! I can't wait to see pictures of your babies! I'm sure they're gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->