The Northern Ireland Crew!!

awww hope u had fun maj! Its great knowing they are content staying with people, makes it so much easier to leave them! Bet u talked about her the whole time ;)

Oh it was a fantastic nite. I had a wee drink too - cant remember the last time i had alcohol!! I wasn't too bad Gail (dannys stepmom) sent me wee updates by txt & a wee pic of her sleeping. But come saturday I couldn't wait to get her back. I tried to get Danny up from 11:30 but he was having a lay in - eventually managed to get him up at 1 to go in & get her. It was a long morning!! Lol

Wish someone would inform Jax that 6am is too early to be wide awake

:haha:

poppy had horrendous pooping problems, she would go over a week without one sometimes. i used to have to hold her wee legs in the air with a nappy under her to help her go :nope:

Aw poor wee woman, I think both mine had a little constipation at an early age too think I was told to try sugar water and diluted pure orange juice. One other thing I remember is that Alex would always spew (sp?) alot, I had him on the comfort milk for a while but didn't make much difference. When he was older he would have always spewed after a yoghurt, I used to catch him squishing his hand in it over his walkie tray, the little stinker :sick: lol

It's the opposite in my house, my two are wee sleepy heads! I'm usually up before them, Madison refused to get up this morning and just put her blanket over her head and went back to sleep! I was running late too getting Alex off to school.

:haha:

poppy had horrendous pooping problems, she would go over a week without one sometimes. i used to have to hold her wee legs in the air with a nappy under her to help her go :nope:

Aw poor wee woman, I think both mine had a little constipation at an early age too think I was told to try sugar water and diluted pure orange juice. One other thing I remember is that Alex would always spew (sp?) alot, I had him on the comfort milk for a while but didn't make much difference. When he was older he would have always spewed after a yoghurt, I used to catch him squishing his hand in it over his walkie tray, the little stinker :sick: lol

we didn't try the sugar water but poppy would not take orange juice, just didn't like it! so i used to put a wee bit of prune juice in her formula and it worked a treat!! she was a very bokey baby as well, they gave her gaviscon for reflux but it made her constipation even worse so i stopped it, because the puking didn't bother her but the constipation wud really hurt her and make her wee bum bleed so i took the puking.

Glad that constipation has never been an issue for us (past the first week when he had a lot of problems/pain passing meconium). A lady who had her daughter a few days after Silas weaned her last month and she immediately responded with constipation :wacko:, she used the prune juice after that and it solved it :thumbup:

Sounds like you had a great time Majella! Can't believe I've only made it out 2 or 3 times inbetween pregnancies :dohh:! Lovely just to have some time as a couple :)

A week for Miss Lola to show before term...come on baby!

And :hugs:, I feel for you 6amers x

Congrats again Emma, so exciting! :happydance:

Nuke I can't believe you've only a week to go. It must be great knowing you don't have to worry about making it to hospital - I was really worried about that. In the end it was fine, Odhrán had fun at his granny's from 5am and I got to hospital with 2 hours to spare! Hope it all goes well.

We left Maeve with our in-laws staying in our house to go to a wedding when she was 4 weeks old. I wouldn't have done it with Odhrán as a first time mum but second time round I was a lot more laid back, trust MIL completely and we were glad of a night's sleep.

6am is normal getting up time here a lot of the time, if not 6 then 6.30 or 7! Sometimes midday feels like it should be dinner time! We're all dosed again here, Odhrán has been to the doc's twice in a week and just got antibiotics for his chest today, dread the runny nappies which will ensue in a few weeks time. He's cutting his molars too and it is not fun! Oh Maeve cut her first wee tooth last Monday! She wasn't really awful, think her amber anklet helps calm her. She still won't sleep for more than 15 mins in her cot during the day though, she's my wee limpet!

Doodle I hope you get good news soon, when you desperately want a baby and it isn't happening it feels like the rest of the world is having babies no problem, your time will come too :hugs:

oh my GOD. poppy and i went upstairs for a wee nap at 2.15 as i was feeling crap (and still am), didnt wake up til 5.20 :shock: needed that. its great not to have to worry josie, but i do worry about if history repeats itself... i only had a 4 hour labour with pops and went from 3-9cm in under an hour so im worried in case i dont call the mw in time, or worse still, barry or mil or anyone in time!! :shock:

Aw Nuke you must've really needed that rest. It's just so tiring near the end. 3-9 cm in under an hour, boy that's quick! With Odhrán I went 3-7cm in an hour and thought that was quick! With Maeve I was 9cm when I got to hospital so just in time! Try not to stress about it you'll be fine, is your midwife based nearby?

well there's 8 of them on call, they work a rota system and there's 2 on call at all times. I have a sheet with who's on call when and the numbers i need to call. Closest is antrim, furthest is ballyclare.

Wow ladies, I am very very late to join this thread but I would like to jump on board if that's ok???

I am due on 10 July and am booked into the RVH. I plan to have a read through the previous posts to get to know everyone, but it might take me a while, there are quite a few!

HI Joey :) Congrats on your pregnancy! There's also an NI preggo thread the link is in the blinkie in my sig...

Hi and welcome Joey! Congrats on your pregnancy, not too long to go now!

Nuke I'm sure you'll be fine, it's only natural to worry (sure that's all we do as mums!).

Yeah Wyntir the site is bringing up weird boxes with question marks in them for me.

We are all sick here, took Maeve to the doc's today as she has an awful croupy cough and bad chest, the old school doctor who we saw never gives antibiotics, we had to take Odhrán back to see a different doc before he got them. He said to leave her in a steamy atmosphere and give her Calpol and that it's just a virus. I would rather not give my babies antibiotics but know this is a nasty chest infection that isn't going to clear on its own. Thank goodness the in-laws are staying with us as it's tough going looking after two sick babies and not being well also.

Welcome Joey!

Looks like baby Lola is gonna be born pretty soon :happydance:!!!

God josie if it the bug my household has had is horrendous! Hope use feel better soon x

Hey joey :) x

Lola is here!
Congratulations Lindsay :)

Josie, hope you get some improvement over the wekeend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->