The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Aww bless her! Lining things up :), so glad to hear about her talking and imaginitive play - that's fantastic.

i am going on my hen do this morning!! Of to London and that's all I know!! I don't know where we are going, staying, doing! ANYTHING!!!

SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!

ohhh have a lovely time little aurora! sounds fun! x

hope u have a blast rebecca!!!

Ooh I haven't been here in a wee while - lots to catch up on! Urgh I really need to learn to drive - then I can come along and meet you all! I've had the application for my provisional for weeks now but still haven't got round to getting my picture taken - maybe when Matilda is sleeping for more than an hour or two at a time my face might be worthy enough of being put in front of a camera!

We started BLW and it's going really well so far - Matilda takes everything we give her. I love watching her wee face when she tastes something new. But omg the mess :haha:

Its 69 days until the wedding, and I have a heavy chest and a lump in my throat.
I am close to tears most of the time and I cant seem to talk to the mister about it only because I don't want the tears to come out.

why....

My dad won't be there. He died when I was 5. I have lived my whole life with out him. I have had 3 kids that I wish he could meet, but he cant.
I am walking down the aisle alone because he cant come. I want him to tell me I look beautiful in my dress, but he won't.

I have a step dad, but I don't want him to do it. I do love him but its not the same.

What am I going to do? Its ridiculous he is dead, its not like he has a choice.

Hi Little aurora.. thats really sad .. Im in the same boat ... my Dad wont be at my wedding either. He walked me down the aisle for my first wedding but we were too young to be getting married and went our own ways, he never once told me I shouldnt be doing it, I guess he wanted to see me happy.
But what makes me really upset is that I have met my soul mate Andrew and my Dad never got to meet him, he has made me truly happy and my Dad is not here to see us together. Im not bother about dresses and silly wedding stuff I just want my Dad to see that I have found someone who makes me feel as loved as he did.

Could you not ask your Mum to give you away or your eldest son? Who give you away at your first wedding? I know my Dad isnt here but I dont want to walk down alone so my Mum is giving me away :)

I think in your posistion Aurora, I'd walk down with the kids. Symbolise what's coming and what's to look forward to in your marriage with your beautiful family. Things like this often make you look backwards and wish things could've been different...but there's nothing you can do.
When it comes to our wedding they'll be a space in our hearts for my OHs brother...for one of my best friends it was her mother who she had lost not long before.
It is hard, but you have to celebrate what's happening with the people who are here for you and who love you now. x

So sorry Aurora, I can't imagine what that's like for you. I think it's worth talking to your OH about it though - as scared as you are of breaking down, I think sharing it will help you cope and get through it. Sometimes I have struggled to share things that really upset me with my OH because I'm scared of admitting them or of how upset I get talking about them, but once I do, I feel better that we're dealing with it together, and just knowing that he understands how I feel helps a lot - I feel a lot less alone. Big :hugs: to you.

Aurora, sounds like you had a great time! What did you get up to? My hen weekend was in London too, and we went to Thorpe park as well...
I'd talk to your mister about your dad, having your mum or your eldest give you away sounds lovely xx
Speccy, get that photo done! I'm now suffering of having a licence and no car! First time in 9-10 years I've had no wheels!

If you haven't done it by next week Claire I'm going to 'boot you up the arse'.

I know someone who would make a better job of that than you!

Thanks girls. I will chat to him. I know he will understand but I just feel so silly!!

Anyway the hen do We went to comedy on boat on the thames that then turned into a nightclub
On Saturday had lovely lunch and a wander up to tower bridge (we were staying beside it) and saw the queens barge lol
On Sat night we went to the ice bar (amazing) and then I was blindfolded and put in a taxi! We arrived at Cafe de paris for a burlesque lesson, then a show and dinner. We got VIP treatment and went into the little lounge for more yummy cocktails and met some of the performers.
After we left the club we stopped at M&M world! lol most surrealist thing in my life, early hours of the morning, dressed in a corset, full skirt and petticoat, massive heels and pissed in M&M world with little kiddies running around! LOL
We grabbed mcdonalds and hailed a cab back to the apartment!
On Sunday we went to Camden market, I got Amelia the cutest dress!! And my OH a cool hat that I bartered for!

Here are a couple of pics and a link to all the rest on FB.
She is wearing my hat in this pic.
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/469727_10151215113671040_950002930_o.jpg
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/554832_10151214258606040_267323178_n.jpg
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/598612_10151037842435522_2113605162_n.jpg
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/582279_10151040606226788_370518332_n.jpg
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/sidkinky/318292_10151040607581788_1194326717_n.jpg

most of the pics....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151215055351040.551476.772731039&type=3&l=c59b3c86d1

Speccy you sound just like me! I've been applying for my provisional for years and have never got round to it either the photo or money!

Littleaurora that's so sad :( my dad passed away nearly 10 years ago now and often think how I'd love him to see me now and his grandchildren. I'd probably ask my mum to give me away if I was to get married. :hugs:

I can't make it to the meet tomorrow, I've to take Alex to the dentist! Hopefully be at the next one.

Madison had her audiology test today and her hearing is 100% so that's one test out of the way! :happydance: AND...she said 'choo choo' yesterday! She was playing with a toy mickey mouse clubhouse train that sings choo choo and just came off with it, so chuffed! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->