The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

Lots of paper work, they take a urine sample but to check for sugar and protein (I think) and they don't do a pregnancy test.
I was booked in to a local blood clinic for blood tests at 10 weeks.
x

Righty O. it's not at a clinic, it's at the local sure start children's centre so I they won't do bloods there I guess, I'll probably have to go to the health centre for that.

Drinking some ribena now so I'll want a wee :haha:

That's where my first one was, local childrens centre. No they wont do bloods there, my docs don't either they send me to the blood clinic at local hospital I think it's because it's a small village practice.
Lol, I was given a sample pot to take home when I went in to the surgery to pick up my pregnancy booklet the week before my booking appointment and then my midwife gives me a pot each visit so I can do it at home to bring in - I find it much easier that way.

x

Good afternoon ladies!

July - so sorry you didn't get your BFP :hugs: Hope you're doing ok!

Elhaym - not sure what time your appointment is but it's either "good luck and have fun" or "how did it go?" :winkwink:

My next appt with the midwife is Friday next week but I got to go to hospital to get my anti-d on Wednesday first :wacko:

Big hugs July :hugs:

Hope appointments go well elhaym and Jufer :)

My midwife actually came round to my house and took my blood then and there!

Lx

That's lucky Mrs GM, wish mine would - I usually faint or feel very unwell when I have a blood test (WIMP!) so DH has to drive me and it's a pain in the bum!

x

aww bless you!

think I'm supposed to go and see her again now, must make an appt!

Bubs is being a bit quieter today, they're prob knackered with me running about like a loon for the last few days

My baby has changed pattern again, active at 6am and fairly quiet all day especially if I have been cleaning or walking and then active after my dinner and again at bedtime.
Thankfully not hard enough to keep me from sleeping though!
x

Had my appointment! They did the bloods, but I couldn't wee so they gave me a sample bottle to drop off at the health centre tomorrow! Midwife was lovely and reassuring, said I have no problems apart from slightly low BMI which is normal for me anyway, so if no problems arise I should be able to deliver at the birth centre which is great!

Then saw my friend and her 10 month old and went to play on the park and had ice cream, really lovely afternoon!

And 12 week scan was booked for 30th June, the day before I go to a festival, so I can announce it before then and get looked after at the festival :haha: no heavy lifting for me, muahaha! xx

That's good at least you don't have to go anywhere else for blood tests.
Ahhhhh I really love afternoons like that, I think I am spending some time with my friend over the road tomorrow she has a 2 & 6 yr old and they're great fun. AND you've made me want an ice cream. I love Gallone's ice cream I think they are only in Northampton though I might have to head on over to the factory shop.
Is it this weekend you have your private scan?

x

I realised when I had the ice cream I'd not had one from a van for ages, so good, tastes like childhood :haha: park was lovely, her little boy was shouting and giggling on the swings and everyone was looking and laughing, bless him!

Yes it's on Saturday. Now I've got my 12 week scan date I'm thinking should I have booked it, I could have waited really, but might as well go now, dunno if it's nerves seeing baby for first time but I'm kind of wishing I hadn't booked it? I know that sounds really weird? I'm sure it will be worth it though! x

Awww that'll be us in the not too distant future with our our babies!

It'll really put your mind at rest, I was super nervous before hand too.

x

OK so I am panicking now, TMI but I went for a wee about 10 mins ago and I got some (not much) bright red blood when I wiped. No pains or anything and baby is active so I think I will just wait til my appointment tomorrow unless it gets any worse... I didn't think this was meant to happen at 27 weeks!

x

If it's just a bit of blood I'm sure it'll be OK hun, maybe baby was moving around and just caused a bit to come loose - if you've an appointment tomorrow I'm sure they'll know what to do. I know it must be strange, in first tri you're constantly checking for blood but after that I bet you don't think about it as much! Hope everything is OK, let me know how tomorrow goes :hugs:

It's strange, I had spotting right up to 14 weeks and then it went away completely. Everything was fine then and it's totally normal but I am not sure it's as common in the third trimester. It's not something I have thought about for such a long time now.
I'll let you know tomorrow what the midwife says.
I haven't mentioned to DH yet, we have a friend round and they are watching a film right now.
x

:hugs: raspberryk, I'm sure everything is fine

Lx

**UPDATE**

Midwife says it's normal and to contact her if it continues but as it's stopped she isn't worried. Baby is moving around as normal which the midwife felt and so all is well!
Apparently baby has had a bit of a growth spurt and fundal height is measuring 29cm, is head down and feet near my ribs (I could have told her that!!!) lol

x

Haha, naughty baby giving mum a scare! :D Glad you're both OK :)

glad to hear everythings ok rasberryk :D

mine's being extra lively today :)

Soooo I ate ice cream today inspires by Elhaym ... Just the job after a gentle stroll around the woods with the MIL and dogs - it was flippin baking today.
I have rocked baby to sleep it seems.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"