The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

Hope you had a nice lie-in?

Making curtains with MIL sounds so lovely, still wish mine was about for all this :(

Quite tired today but getting things done, hurray :)

Returned the jeans, they seemed a bit reluctant & looked at me like I'd been wrestling in them or something!

I can see my ankles getting a bit puffy so I took off my wedding rings this morning which made me sad but better that than having to cut them off

Lx

Yes my lie in was fab, had a really good sleep thank you! I managed to get quite a bit done too.
I am so glad I have my MIL for things like this :hugs:
I hate it when shops are like that, I can understand they get some people taking the piss though.
My rings have been off for weeks, I got a dress ring but that was a big tight at night and then as it was so cheap it discoloured. I feel naked and I don't know if I imagine the disapproving looks or if people really do check for a wedding ring?!?!?!
My feet have grown/swollen and I pretty much live in flip flops.
Meeting with a friend for some window shopping and coffee and taking back a T-Shirt I bought DH tomorrow - nothing too exciting but should be a nice day.
Thur I am getting on and making the cot sheets and some cushions (probably) to match the curtains.
Sunday I am going with my parents to buy/order the cot/cotbed which I am excited about.
Friday I think I'll be sorting out the house ready so we can clear out the baby's room on Sat ready for a lick of paint the the cot to go in when it arrives.
Busy week for me - I think it's finally sunk in that in reality I don't have that long to prepare and the baby could easily arrive in 5 weeks - Eeeeekkkk!
I spoke to my Grandpa today - my Nana was in bed resting after her 10 radio treatments. She has been very sick and not able to eat and I am still getting rid of this cold so unable to see her at the moment :cry: , hope to make it there next week.

x

Big hugs about your Nana, hope you get to see her soon

My Gran didn't even know I was there last time I saw her :cry:

Defn feeling the whole, eek they could be here so soon!! Could be 8 weeks and feeling fairly unorganised although we have the basics...
Can't wait to get things a bit more organised soon, think we'll order the cotbed once they're here as will start off with crib

I've got one of the pandora stacking rings as something to wear, it's silver with hearts all the way round which is sweet

Going to carry on with paperwork and try not to panic about baby being here so soon, eeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Lx

Well yesterday was manic! I ended up running around like a headless chicken !
Completely knackered and need a nap this afternoon I reckon I'll never make it to aquanatal otherwise and an earlier night than I have been having.
Your ring sounds very cute... hinted to DH about getting me something for my birthday but I don't know if he's realised. It IS only a couple of months so I suppose I don't want to have a ring that I wont wear after, my fingers have swollen about 3 ring sizes!

It feels like my morning sickness has returned after 20 weeks of being fine - not sure if it's normal or not?

x

sounds like a busy couple of days!

Hopefully your DH gets the hint, I organised my temp ring as although hubs had mentioned it the chances of anything actually happening were slim to none

Work is so boring!!

Off to a wedding in france tomorrow, bit stressed as I don't find being in france with his family relaxing at the best of times as I'm always struggling to concentrate and keep up with what's going on!
Hubs was on the phone yesterday & the couple getting married have decided to reserve us a room at their wedding venue which is sweet of them as it saves us an hour drive back to an uncles, BUT hubs then said he's not sure but we might be sharing the room WTF?!?!? So now I'm facing a hectic weekend with a mega early start tomorrow, hours of smiling politely and trying to figure out what people are saying and maybe sharing a room with people?? arrggghhhh
Don't get me wrong it'll be so lovely to see everyone as we haven't seen them all for a good 6 months but I just hate not knowing what's going on and not being able to do anything about it as my spoken french is so limited...
Plus we haven't spent any quality time together for ages and it's really getting to me :(

Lx

Hi ladies, how are you? WOW you are getting close now!

Just dropping in to say hi. I think we are NTNP this cycle so that's good, I'm worried too but need to not stress about it! I am doing OPKs to occupy myself, will be interesting to see if I do actually O.

Back at work Monday, ugh, as if I can be arsed :wacko:

Lots of love xxx

Hi :wave: popping in quick to say hello & I hope you're all ok. We're moving house next week so things have been quite hectic here! Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't all fall through again!

Will have a proper read through & catch up soon.

xxxxxxxx

Hi Girls

Mrs GM looking forward to an update about how it all went in France!!!!!!

Elhaym I hope work isn't too bad today :hugs:

Dumpling not seen you for a bit, good luck with the move!

My laptop is broken so I have to log on to the PC to be able to get on here and it's just not as easy to pop on all the time - probably not a bad thing as I think I may have a small addiction to this forum! :blush:

Anyway we had a good weekend, all you can eat chinese buffet on Sat with some friends, unfortunately I can't eat that much in one go at the moment but still enjoyed it. Then we ordered the cot ... https://www.johnlewis.com/231111063/Product.aspx which my Dad has paid for and it wasn't as much as he though it would be so he got us the changing unit to match... https://www.johnlewis.com/231330986/Product.aspx the changing unit is fairly compact so really good for our little house!
Much more at ease now we have this coming and DH has boarded out the loft so we can get rid of our boxes out the babies room and get finishing off the paint work in there.
It wont be finished by the time the cot is delivered on Friday but it'll be the worst of it out of the way.
We should also be able to clear out the clutter in the bedroom and the lounge now too, we ended up missing the free listing on ebay this weekend (I might have to just put it on anyway) and it's been too wet to do a carboot sale but I hate the thought of throwing stuff away but we really don't have the room to keep it all.
Just trying to rack my brains for any important items I have missed.
I am hoping to put off the VAT return til Weds and get on with all of the houseworky things that didn't get done before the weekend due to looking after a sick DH - poor lamb! lol
Tomorrow I am planning to meet up with my mum who I have a rocky relationship with so I hope that goes OK. A little nervous - I've not seen her since 30th December and before that I can't remember when it was.
x

*squidges Elhaym and Dumpling*

Raspberryk - hope it goes well with your Mum tomorrow, not sure what else to say really

Well France weekend...
It was really lovely and totally mad all at the same time

We got up at 5am on saturday and legged it to the eurotunnel, 3+ hours of driving the other side and we got to the grooms parents place

Lovely wedding etc but boy do the French know how to party, at 2am coffees were being handed out along with a choc fountain! Defn time for bed for me!
We did have to share a room but not quite as weird as it sounded... wish we'd seen the room beforehand though as I'd have been less upset about going to bed, it was like 2 levels so although there were 2 other people in the room it was a little more private as at least we couldn't see eachother (oh and other couple were expecting too so kinda mutual understanding which helped)
The room was right over the venue so could hear the party, luckily was so tired just fell asleep despite the noise and mega uncomfy bed, woke at 4:30 to hear britney spears being belted out and apparently they finally wrapped up at 6am!
Just wish we'd been a little more organised as didn't realise the wedding was really in the middle of nowhere and had we stayed with family it'd have been a good hour drive! So yes it was weird but so good not to have to drive anywhere or worse get a lift with anyone as (this isn't a generalisation) a lot of the peeps we know out there see little wrong with having a few drinks and getting in the car.... eeek
Sunday was food with everyone and all about hubs spending time with his family out there, as this is the only time we'll see them this year & it's important for him to spend time with them
Then it was time to come back, stopped at McD's on way home and felt so sorry for the staff as it seemed the entire motorway had stopped to get food, was soooooo busy!

So now that wedding is done it feels like a big tick off for things happening before D day, just my sisters wedding to go and then I'm ready (as I'll ever be)

Lx

I know what you mean about not knowing what to say re my mum, it's a bit of a weird one.
I did the washing up from yesterday this morning and went back to bed, felt a bit like an emotional wreck all of a sudden? God damned hormones!
Just put the dinner on and about to change the bed and put some clean washing away so nothing too strenuous. VAT return on Weds it is then.

Glad the room sharing wasn't as bad as it first sounded, I think I'd have had a fit at sharing a room and not gone or taken a lot of persuading.
Boy oh boy I bet you're cream crackered though?!?!?!

I bet you're excited for your sisters wedding?

x

:wave: evening girls, how are you all?

Seems like you had a nice weekend in France Mrs GM, can't believe how close it is now for you and Raspberry!

:hugs: Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow RK with your mum.

:kiss: Nice to see you Elhaym! How are you doing?

:flower: Hope the move goes well Dumpling! How are you doing?

Hello July28th :D Can't quite believe where the time has gone....

Hope today has gone well for you RasberryK

Am pretty zonked from the french trip and hubs is too, good training for baby arrival ;)
I did have quite a hissy over the room sharing but no choice really!
Was lovely to see everyone and some of them have indicated they might actually come over to see us which would be nice

Lx

:wave: Hey Mrs GM,

How has your day been? Glad the weekend wasn't too bad! I've been off work today, not done a lot.

Hope you've all had a good day.

xx

Well I survived the visit to my mums, wasn't bad, just tiring and had to bite my tongue a few times - not something I am good at so did take a lot of effort. She bought me a few bits which was nice of her and she has a card at a local wholesalers and I got some of the remaining little bits and bobs I needed really cheap!

I popped in to see my Nana on the way back and I have never seen her look so ill, I had a little cry on the way home. I was so hoping she would make it to see the baby arrive and the way it looks at the moment that's not going to happen :cry:

VAT return tomorrow and a look around the shops with MIL for birthday pressies - yay!

Just waiting for DH to come home from helping out one of his friends so we can have a well needed early night.

x

Hi July :D

Glad things went ok as poss with your mum RaspberryK

Big hugs about your nana, fingers crossed she'll hang on in there

well work was a bit bonkers yesterday, major water leak so they shut all the toilets and no running water... was no way I could stay!! re-located to the site where hubs works and today I'm working from home which was planned anyhow as midwife appt this afternoon

watched the little breastfeeding dvd I got given, some useful tips but so much propaganda, I've already decided on trying to feed so could do without all the spiel!
Think hubs is in for a major shock with labour though, they showed a teeny bit and he looked alarmed by all the noise, think he'll be on the gas and air!

Lx

hey everyone!

hope everyone's having a good weekend?

I have a stupid amount of work left to do before I finish next week so guess what I'm doing?? Only good thing is I can work on things from home

Hubs has done his back in so is moping about the house, so defn not a quiet relaxed weekend for us

Lx

Heya :) it's my birthday today so done some family visitin..... I am knackered now and going to sit and doss on the computer with a big cup of tea! probably having a quiet one tonight, could go down the pub but not feeling very outgoing and sociable at the moment, we'll see though! :D

CD20 and still no positive OPK, I am getting bored of doing them now!

Are you looking forward to finishing MrsGM? xx

Happy Birthday Elhaym :cake:

I cannot wait to finish, but because it's just me working on this project I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to wrap up it's ridiculous, had a little cry over it all earlier!

There's talk of me going back for some days and getting paid for them but will see, otherwise treating next week as my last in conventional employment for the forseeable future....

Lx

Happy Birthday Elhaym, hope you had a good day, it was mine on Thurday and had a really good meal out with DH.
Don't stress about the OPK's, that's why I never used them I think they'd have made me worry.

I have had a good weekend so far (except for cleaning up cat sick this morning), been quite busy since Weds and eaten out all meals apart from breakfast every day since then. Salad all week next week lol.

I am meeting my new home birth midwife tomorrow which I am really looking forward to and visiting my Nana on Tuesday.

Mrs GM - Yay for no work! Staying at home is luuuurvely!

x

Ooh you having a homebirth RK? Are you going to be using a pool or anything?

Lovely day today! Off for a walk with my friends and their little boy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->