The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian is really cute!

Juliana is my mother's name (she's not dead I just love her a lot). Which is why I want Julie. In the past year I have dreamt about having a daughter a few times (never a son) so I wanted to make sure we had names. I also like Katherine Martha (Martha is family name on both sides). Seriously, don't want a girl first, and only one total. I was too much of a firey redhead crazy when puberty hit.

Do you ever have one of those moments where it just hits you that you want a baby so much and you can do nothing else but stop and think about it? Probably with all the time we spend on here, just hits me harder than other times. Then the other way, what the HELL am I going to do with a BABY? I can't wait to grow a child. I LOVE pregnant women, and I want to be one.

WOW, if we were to get pregnant this time around we could know the sex right before Thanksgiving! What a day to announce to family (sex not pregnancy). I need to put the calendar down!

HaHa I know, I want to be preggie soo bad. Like if someone offered for me to just you know, get a baby or to actually have a baby, I would def choose having one because I think thats part of the whole thing, that and a vaginal delivery. I totally freaked out when my mom said I might have to have a C-Section coz of herpes outbreaks but then I found out its just if you have an outbreak like a month or so before labor otherwise you can have a natural vaginal birth. And bachelor syndrome is delayed ejaculation, I just hate typing that..lol... its just coz he was single and live alone for so long before me so he has a hard time finishing up during BD lol...

Ah, sorry to make you spell it out, just got confused! Sorry about the herpes! I am lucky enough to only have oral (I'm always worried it'll accidently spread). I want a vaginal too and I am determined to have one, but my mom had both of us by c-section, and my cousin just had one, so it's not as scary, just not desired.

Yeah, hubby gave it to me the first time we met. Long long story, its not as hoochie as it sounds lol lol, we met online 4 years ago and then finally met in person last July and yeah, 4 days later, I was at the gyno with herpes lol. Still hate him for it but he really didnt know he even had it lol. But we both have the same kind and so its not so bad I guess. Ive only had two outbreaks, the initial one which was a bitch and then the 2nd which was like, nothing at all. I broke into tears when I realized I was having another outbreak because I thought I would have to go through all that pain again lol but it turned out to be nothing luckily and I felt so stupid for freaking out lol But yeah as natural as possible is my goal, I have a very very high pain tolerance and horrid horrid contraction like cramps every month anyway, so hopefully I can do it. My mom said she had ovulation/AF cramps worse than her contractions, and shes had 3 kids so, Im hoping thats how my cramps/contractions will be lol...

Juliana is my mother's name (she's not dead I just love her a lot). Which is why I want Julie.
I had the name Rosie in the back of my head for the same sort of reason. My mum's name is Rosemarie. My middle name is Rose. My great grandmother's middle name was Rose. It sort of runs in the family.

Ugh, I just want a LO so badly right now!
I definitely agree with what you said... sometimes the need/desire to be pg is so much, it's hard to even describe. I've been feeling like that this afternoon. I've made a little bookmark folder in firefox for potential internet shopping-for-baby sessions.

Hubby doesnt understand the hormonal need lol..to have a kid...and its driving me crazy...Im the oldest of 7 and a nanny...I know what babies are like...good ones..bad ones..and I still want one..so its not just a phase like he thinks lol..I just want one of my own to have all those special moments that Ive only been able to watch other people go through, usually Im a live in nanny so I see everything even when Im not on duty and Im always like..I want that!! lol..

Being around babies always makes the instinct stronger, definitely! I got broody the minute my sister bought my gorgeous nephew home. We lived together when he was born so I saw it all. Now he's almost 3 years old, I see him every week and even when he's throwing a hissy fit he's still an amazing human being. I just want one of my own!
And seeing my OH with my nephew is just the icing on the cake. They adore each other. He's going to be the most amazing father... :cloud9:

I've started looking around for a baby book already because I want the perfect one that will suit me, my OH and our LO. He thinks it's crazy. I keep telling him it's just being organized!:haha:

The minute I get a confirmed BFP I will be going and getting a neutral colored baby book, I cant wait!! So what about baby raising lifestyles ladies? Cloth diapers? Store Diapers? Breast? Bottle?

Yeah, hubby gave it to me the first time we met. Long long story, its not as hoochie as it sounds lol lol, we met online 4 years ago and then finally met in person last July and yeah, 4 days later, I was at the gyno with herpes lol. Still hate him for it but he really didnt know he even had it lol. But we both have the same kind and so its not so bad I guess. Ive only had two outbreaks, the initial one which was a bitch and then the 2nd which was like, nothing at all. I broke into tears when I realized I was having another outbreak because I thought I would have to go through all that pain again lol but it turned out to be nothing luckily and I felt so stupid for freaking out lol But yeah as natural as possible is my goal, I have a very very high pain tolerance and horrid horrid contraction like cramps every month anyway, so hopefully I can do it. My mom said she had ovulation/AF cramps worse than her contractions, and shes had 3 kids so, Im hoping thats how my cramps/contractions will be lol...

LOL, I didn't think hoochie! I get dirty enough looks for my oral ones that I would hate to judge people, I got them from my family by sharing a drink prolly I've had outbreaks since I was 5. I have to take meds, mine get really bad and I've had to take off work due to pain or appearance (I work at a high school and the principal saw me and told me to go home--they'd call a sub). I'd be mad at hubby too! I have no clue what my pain tolerance is, so I'm very open minded to an epidural.

Juliana is my mother's name (she's not dead I just love her a lot). Which is why I want Julie.
I had the name Rosie in the back of my head for the same sort of reason. My mum's name is Rosemarie. My middle name is Rose. My great grandmother's middle name was Rose. It sort of runs in the family.

Ugh, I just want a LO so badly right now!
I definitely agree with what you said... sometimes the need/desire to be pg is so much, it's hard to even describe. I've been feeling like that this afternoon. I've made a little bookmark folder in firefox for potential internet shopping-for-baby sessions.

I just think names should skip a generation for some reason. Like Julie is one above me and baby will be one below me. Having DH first name be DS middle name is too close to me. But that's just me

The hormonal need to have one's own baby is crazy. My cousin has invited me to baby-sitt her baby (5 months now) and I have and it's nice and all but I want my OWN!!! My husband was like you get your fill of baby? (after babysitting) I was like NOOOO! My cousin asked if I still wanted one after babysitting and I was like YESSS!!

The minute I get a confirmed BFP I will be going and getting a neutral colored baby book, I cant wait!! So what about baby raising lifestyles ladies? Cloth diapers? Store Diapers? Breast? Bottle?

I was thinking about getting a pregnancy journal, but maybe a baby book will have a section for that? Maybe I'll just keep seperate so I can write all the embarrassing things in it (like I don't think my future child will want ot read about my gas hahaha).

Store Diapers. Screw the environment I'm not washing them or paying for them to be washed, sorry, not for me. Hopefully Breast all the way! I want that bonding. I never had a pacifier or security blanket, just boob and I hope to do the same thing for my child.

I definitely want to try and breastfeed but will also of course have to find a bottle/nipple that works well for when hubby or babysitter has to feed. Ive read good and bad about cloth diapers and think we might just stick to regular ones, I just feel like with cloth diapers you don't want to have to carry around dirty ones when you go out, while with regular diapers you can just trash them and apparently the cost of washing them over and over and doing so many loads just takes away the reduced cost of not buying them over and over..so I guess its just what you think is easier....

I've been writing a diary of ttc... I might extend that to a pregnancy diary too. Maybe. That way the baby stuff can be a nice continuation from that. But at the same time a little separate so if baby wants to look at it one day, he/she doesn't have to go through all the gory details!

EEEWWW!! I didn't even think about carrying around a dirty diaper! I like the idea of throwing them away when dirty!

I figure I'll just be like my mom and be attached to baby until they can eat other things (like baby food). Or feed before babysitter and not be gone that long. That's the plan, but I know plans change. I think there would be a lot more freedom in having a bottle as an option.

Whew, I gotta catch up to you girls, I was still at work! :)

Cottleston and Spunky - I must O later than I thought. I'm still trying to figure out my cycles having been off BCP a year. Each cycle is different, ranging from 26 to 44 days. Last few have been 40, 41. I've been using the BBT, CBFM, OPKs religiously, and this is my first big spike. Plus, the whole checking the cervix bit (I'm in the medical field, but I do NOT like doing this).
I'm new to BBT too, and looking into it, apparently it rises *AFTER* ovulation. So, I'm more inclined to think this morning was a fluke - I had to get up to pee at 3am, I usually sleep all night, and temp at 6am when I get up. So maybe getting up three hours before threw it off?:shrug:
Definitely starting to get some EWCM, which is *BEFORE* ovulation (man, there's just way too much information in my brain), so that's a good sign...:thumbup:

I definitely have names I gravitate towards more than others. I'm more of a traditionalist, plus, my DH is Italian, so it has to sound good with an Italian last name. :lol: For boys, I like Joseph, Anthony, Michael, Paul, John - they're all family names. I love Jacob, but that's DH's brother's middle name - and I really dislike that particular brother (we actually don't speak). For girls, I love Katalina - it's a combination of both of my greatgrandmothers, Katalin, and Lina. Also Sophia, Luciana...I can't decide on girls' names as easily...

NJAngelAPN- The getting up to pee at 3 can mess up your temp, which is why I don't temp, I can't do everything right to make it count. I have weird sleep schedules especially now that it's summer and I'm not working (teacher) so there's no way I could temp the same time everyday and after like 5-6 hours of sleep I think it was.

Great Names! Very italian!

I wondered that as I looked at my temp this morning - did a double/triple take. Okay, that makes me feel better :awww:
It makes more sense considering the other symptoms. I'm starting to get some right-sided O pain...Now if only DH would cooperate...he keeps whining that he's tired. :rofl:
I like the Italian names - to an extent. Otherwise they can be a mouthful. My niece and nephew are Julianna Gabriella and Nicholas Salvatore. A little too much, personally.
Are you guys going to find out the sex when you do get PG? I'm debating. I have four friends that all got pregnant around the same time, and three of them have delivered so far - two boys, one girl. The last one never found out what she was having, so it's the most suspenseful. She's convinced it's a girl, and of course her hubby is positive it's a boy - to the point that he won't even discuss girls' names. I personally think I'll find out, but not tell anyone - just to see what people guess. :baby:

Your neice and nephew's names are a bit of a mouthful. Still Nice though.

I want to know the sex--I'm too much of a planner not to know. I won't mind telling people. I want to be calling the baby by his name (I REALLY want a boy) as soon as I can. If we didn't have the technology I think it would be exciting to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"