The POAS Addiction Support Group

I don't really have any symptoms ... Aside from cramping here and there ... I thought I would've had symptoms by now

I didn't really have any symptoms when I was pregnant with my son and he's a happy healthy little 2 year old now! So no worries!! (my sisters both didn't/don't have any symptoms either) Mainly just being tired and I had sore boobs but can't remember when that started!

You'll be fine!! :hugs:

Only symptom I had for the first few weeks was cramping. Fingers crossed for a healthy sticky bean for ya!

Me too. I didn't start getting real preggo symptoms besides cramping and a few headaches in either of my pregnancies until at least 6 weeks, so try not to worry too much about lack of symptoms. And there are plenty of ladies who are almost completely symptom free and still have healthy pregnancies. :hugs:

I finished my clomid on 5-20, Three days ago and the wait to test for O is already killing me.

Wish it would hurry up and happen.

#secondround of clomid 100mg
#metformin 1000mg

Somehow I got unsubscribed to this thread ... Anyways I'm back now ... Tomorrow is my appt thank God ... I seriously am going to tell the dr I NEED an early scan or I'm going to go crazy ... I'm so scared at this point that I will see an empty sac as any symptom I had completely disappeared 2 days ago ...

Deep breaths, tl. I know it's easier said than done, but stress is bad for you! :hugs:

Ok, so here's my update from appointment: I don't get bloods!! They dipped my urine and it was positive, so I don't get betas unless there is pain and/or bleeding ... Guess that's just how it works where I'm from .. I have to book a scan, but not until I'm 8 weeks ... And I have to decide if I want the screening done for downs, trisomy 18, and neural tube defects ... I'm torn with that decision ... I felt disappointed at first that I don't have bloods, or get a scan u til 8 weeks, however I think I'm ok with that as the dr has no concerns and at 8 weeks I'll see much more on the scan ...

Here we don't even get them testing for pregnancy. I wasn't seen until 9wks, and then all they did is check my urine for protein etc. No pregnancy test, no bloods, nothing. They booked my scan for 11wks (this coming Tuesday). So when I turn up for my scan next week that'll be the only official confirmation of my pregnancy, other than the HPTs I've done at home.

I hear about the way things are done in the US, and early scans that many ladies get, and I'm so jealous! But like you say, it seems like they're not worried in the slightest, so that can only be a good thing? Hang in there!

Yes, I was disappointed when I had to wait until 10+3 for my first ultrasound but it was incredible to see. Here is my 3D picture from 10+3:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/44AB2F25-4414-49E9-8C52-73B6500589A1-203-000000171A01E96D_zpse332d790.jpg

I did not do the NT scan with my first pregnancy however opted to do it this time. I just decided that I wanted to know as much as I could just to prepare myself if need be (tho all was well) and plus, I got to see baby again (13+3) and the growth just within those 3 weeks was incredible to see and got a nice 3D picture from that too.
I also did not have blood work done until my first appointment either. That's just how it works here too.

Try not to worry too much! (I know it's much easier said than done) :hugs:

No I'm fine be ause the dr has no concerns so neither do I ... A friend that just delivered a couple days ago told me to use this mantra: today I am pregnant, and everything is ok ...

Here we don't even get them testing for pregnancy. I wasn't seen until 9wks, and then all they did is check my urine for protein etc. No pregnancy test, no bloods, nothing. They booked my scan for 11wks (this coming Tuesday). So when I turn up for my scan next week that'll be the only official confirmation of my pregnancy, other than the HPTs I've done at home.

I hear about the way things are done in the US, and early scans that many ladies get, and I'm so jealous! But like you say, it seems like they're not worried in the slightest, so that can only be a good thing? Hang in there!

I do live in the US and it's not common to get a scan before 8 weeks. Generally, they do an ultrasound between 8-12 weeks (with my first I didn't get in until 12 weeks). Unless you have a history of recurrent miscarriages in succession of each other (I think it's 3 or more in a row) or some other health issue they won't do bloodwork or ultrasounds early. But it could totally depend on the OBGYN practice (midwives are not commonly used here) too, every office could have different policies. The place I went to for my first didn't even do a dating ultrasound until at least 10 weeks.

No I'm fine be ause the dr has no concerns so neither do I ... A friend that just delivered a couple days ago told me to use this mantra: today I am pregnant, and everything is ok ...

That's a good mantra. Staying relaxed and not stressing too much is the best for both you and baby :thumbup:

I'm in Canada ... All my friends had betas so it must be dr specific...

I had blood work done once to confirm pregnancy, (in canada) but that was only because their urine test was negative, so no idea if they normally do. My dating scan was at 7 weeks, mainly because my ovulation and LMP dates didn't match properly (due to late O). But very glad doctor isn't worried, and I've heard it's quite uncommon to have 2 losses in a row, so I found that comforting. Congrats though, am very excited for you!

Thanks :) I can't help but be excited too lol today I am pregnant and everything is fine

Did anyone else have a bitch of a time deciding whether or not to do prenatal screening??? Holy stressful!

I didn't have a real hard time with it actually. The way I saw it, it was another opportunity to see my baby. If they found something then I would be prepared for it by the time the birth came around. I did not do the NT screening with my first but I am very glad I did it this time (though everything with baby girl looked perfect). I will probably do it again in future pregnancies.

See, and I'm 95% sure I'm not doing it, I think it would just cause me too much stress if something was wrong

Yeah I thought about that too. I worry about a lot of things a lot of the time. My husband makes fun of me for a lot of silly things I worry about. However, for some reason in my logic I decided it was better for me this time to know rather than float in the unknown. I chose not to do it last time and totally understand what you are talking about, I wouldn't have been able to handle it last time if something had been wrong.
If you think that it would cause you awful stress than it probably would be the right decision not to do it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->