The POAS Addiction Support Group

Well DH also doesn't want to do it, so for our marriage sake it's best that we are on the same page

Prenatal screening is done here as part of the 12 week scan, so there's no additional appointment. In my first pregnancy we had it done, then in my second we were living out here (we were in the UK before), and here they didn't offer it. Now they do, so were having it again. For us it's just a case of preparing ourselves for what might happen. It was a no brainier for us. They only do downs testing here though; bloods and nuchal fold measurements, but they don't combine them to get the more accurate result yet; it's all still early stages here

See, I've seen children with downs live a happy and healthy life ... Do you know much about trisomy 18?? Google it.

In the UK you just go to the doctor tell them you're pregnant, they don't even do a test or anything at all. They send you for a bloodtest, but I'm not even sure exactly what that's for, cause they don't check hcg levels. Then they let a midwife team know that you're pregnant and they ring you to make an appointment to book you in. All they do at the first appointment is ask questions about whether you've had vaccinations (and what for, like rubella etc). And just the general questions and a urine test for protein. And then you have to wait till 12 weeks to get a scan/US.
So we don't even get any confirmation at all about hcg levels or even being pregnant.

I remember with Lucas I was so scared I'd turn up at the first scan at 12 weeks and nothing would be in there! Cause no one ever confirmed it (other than my tests) so I thought maybe I was making it all up or something :haha:

I don't think you get any special treatment here for when you've had a mc before either, just if you've had more than a few (not sure what the number is, but if you've had whatever is considered quite a lot of miscarriages). Kind of makes me nervous for being pregnant again as I'd love to have an early scan or bloodtests 'regularly'. But I guess when I get pregnant again I'll just have to hope for the best! :) Then again, there's nothing you can do to stop you from having a mc anyway once it's already started, so it wouldn't really matter - though it's nice to know everything is going well.

Congrats again, tl! That mantra is awesome!

AFM, my breasts have been ridiculously sore for days, especially my nipples. DH will hug me, and it just leaves me whimpering in pain. Also, my temp today was the highest for the whole cycle! I hope it stays up! I'm testing on Monday (12dpo). AF is theoretically due Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know how long my LP is because I don't think I ever ovulated before the Clomid.

Dust to everyone!
:dust:

Sounds good ginger!!

Afm, I feel like crap today! Sore nips, major metal mouth, nausea, exhausted ... Let the symptoms begin I guess!

Good luck GP!

Lol, fun eh tl? Middle of second tri I have found much nicer, have my energy back and no nausea, aside from constant hunger and mood swings (and soreness from growing) my other symptoms are gone. So that's something to look forward to, help get you through the nausea and exhaustion!
Finally have enough energy to tackle our nursery (aka currently our storage room) so getting that started is today's game plan (helps that it's too rainy out to do anything lol).

Lots of baby dust to all the POAS Addicts out there TTC!!!

Glad you're feeling better :) like I feel ok, just not 100% and the best yet to come lol ... Did you get metal mouth?

I had metal mouth for a day or two, but I had bad metal mouth right before I got pregnant from some antibiotics I was on, so at that point I didn't notice much.

So I was just in my backyard and got a sudden gush, so I checked with my finger and it was a TON of watery, milky discharge ... Today I AM having the mild af like cramps ... This couldn't be a sign that I'm going to bleed could it? Is this copious amount of watery cm normal at 5.3 weeks?

TL, I know it's really hard not to worry with every little thing, but you should try to relax. :hugs: Think of it this way - If something is gonna happen you won't be able to stop it, unfortunately there is nothing you can do! So try to enjoy being pregnant! :flower: (not meaning to sound harsh, but it might help you relax!) :hugs:

And having a lot of cm is pretty normal when you're pregnant so nothing to worry about!! :thumbup: :hugs:

Very normal hun! I was wearing panty liners all through first tri and constantly panicking up until about 10 weeks with the 'gushes'. Lol. It eases up once the mucus plug is formed though. And as for the cramps, completely normal. :)

I wasn't worrying lol I was just asking if it was normal in case it was yeast infection or something

I think it's totally normal TL, you get a lot of CM when preggers cuz it's building up your mucous plug! Still so happy for you hun.

Now its your turn Eltjuh!!! FX for you!!!

Here's my most recent test.. bottom is from last night without a hold and after drinking, but this mornings fmu looked about the same so i'm just confused :nope:

Attachments

• tumblr_mnebieOxkx1sq8t8xo2_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnebieOxkx1sq8t8xo2_500.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
I def see something on the bottom clynn! Fx this is it for you :)

Clynn! I totally see something on the bottom one! Fx'd!

AFM, 11dpo. I had a BFN on FRER this morning with FMU. About five minutes ago, I had sudden cramping. It was really bad, and I doubled over in the kitchen. I know it was uterine cramping, like the worst AF cramps ever. But it only lasted a few minutes, and now it's completely gone... AF isn't due until Wednesday or Thursday. My temps were still high this morning. :shrug:

Thanks ladies!!!

Ginger FX it was implantation pain and a bean snuggling on in there!!!!

I'm 90% sure I implanted around 11 if not 12 dpo since I didn't get a faint bfp til 17dpo

Clynn, that bottom one looks very promising!! Fx'd this is it for you.

Ginger, 11dpo is still fine for implantation. They say anywhere up to 12dpo is normal for implantation. With your temps still high Fx'd it was implantation cramping!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->