The POAS Addiction Support Group

I'm thinking after my first scan on the 14th, if all is well I will be taking a break from b&b ... The support is so awesome, however I think I get most of my worry here ... I would've never known about chemicals and missed miscarriages otherwise, and I'd probably just be thinking I was lucky having no symptoms instead of thinking I'm having a mmc ...

I know what you mean. Lately I come on here just to see if there are any tips I can give/questions I can answer for other people earlier on (preferably to lessen their stress) but I forced myself not to look at negative posts earlier on-now that I can feel baby moving I am not as constantly worried.

But best advice I have for everyone- whatever you do, don't keep testing past 5-6 weeks; hook effect caused my tests to be faint and since I had a bit of leftover implantation spotting, I did a lot of unnecessary worrying.

Yea I just wanted to see my 3+ ... Isn't it pathetic that I'm STILL paranoid ... "What if it's a mmc??" ...

Eh. I'm terrified about toxoplasmosis because I have cats. And they're indoor cats. But I went and read about all these birth defects, and how babies went blind, or people had to have abortions because their babies were all messed up. And now I'm FREAKING OUT.

Don't feel bad gp ... I know ppl are prob getting SUPER annoyed with me cause I got my bfp and I've done nothing but worry, but I seriously just don't feel right ... Literally NO symptoms anymore ... Was so nauseous, heartburn, peeing every half hour, mild cramps, now nothing .... The biggest thing is that I had very sore nipples and they feel totally fine now ... I really don't know what to think ...

Tl, that test can only be a good thing :)

GingerPanda, congratulations! Saw your good news!

GingerPanda, I think you only have to worry about that if you change the catlitter, which you're not supposed to do when you're pregnant... Not sure about that but that's what I always thought. So good excuse to get your OH to do that for you :haha: I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Ginger, in my first pregnancy I lived in a house with 5 cats. I even changed the litter boxes for the first 3 months before I was told not to (no one ever told me about it before so I had no idea not to). I just washed my hands really well. If you have exclusively indoor cats, that is a good thing. They probably don't have the it unless they catch and eat mice inside your house or you give them raw meat to eat.
I believe you can request a blood test to check if you are immune to the infection. You can also get your cats tested for it if you are severely concerned.
It's a good excuse for getting out of litter of duty though like Eltjuh said :)

No mice and no raw meat. Ever. If they've ever killed and eaten anything, it was just a bug.

DH is OCD and cannot clean the litterbox. I bought us an automatic litterbox as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I've wanted one for a long time anyway, so this was a perfect excuse. I also bought rubber gloves and disposable face masks (like the ones doctors wear) for when I clean out the bin. Then I wash really well with antibacterial soap and hot water. I've also started carrying around a little bottle of hand sanitizer (Bath&Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom, my fav!) in my pocket, and I use it every time I pet one of the cats.

I will talk to the midwife about it at my appointment which is in 15 days! :happydance:

Thanks for the words of encouragement, ladies! I appreciate it!

1st test...neg! Oh well.

Ginger, I know nothing will matter till you hear it from an official lol but A. your cats are indoor...less chance of the infection B. Women gardening outside have more of a chance of being infected C. Even if your babes had it...you've already been exposed and built up an immunity. If you need to be on the safe side having the automatic box, gloves, mask, and good hand hygiene will take care of any and everything! A veterinarian would be a good resource to talk to about it. And you KNOW I've looked into this, having 3 girls myself :thumbup:

huh, weird, just had a strong sense of deja vu writing this :shrug:

If my ovulation test was right, which heck Idk anymore bc last time I thought I ovulated and didn't... I am 3 Dpo.

Hurrry Hurry time.

Yea I totally caved and did a digi lol....BFN. It's only 8dpo though, but I still feel like I'm out :nope: 4days till expected AF.

Yea I totally caved and did a digi lol....BFN. It's only 8dpo though, but I still feel like I'm out :nope: 4days till expected AF.
I believe that digitals are way less sensitive (If i remember correctly CB Digi is like 50mIU) than other tests. So an early BFP isn't likely to happen on one of those.

If my ovulation test was right, which heck Idk anymore bc last time I thought I ovulated and didn't... I am 3 Dpo.

Hurrry Hurry time.
Fx'd!!

I couldn't wait even though I knew it is too early.

I tested ov & pg bc I'm insane,

Both Neg.

Nini- 3DPO-basically impossible to get a BFP so don't be discouraged yet! Usually 6DPO is the absolute earliest people will get a BFP if they have super speedy embryos.

Lilly- I had stark whites at 8DPO and positive at 10-you're not out yet :)

Ginger- I have read that if you have had the cats for a while, there is a good chance you have built an immunity to it anyways if they did have it. But using gloves and a mask-you should be just fine :)

Tl-hope everything is going good despite the uncontrollable paranoia that comes with early pregnancy (especially after a loss). I noticed I would have symptoms now and then throughout first few weeks, but they didn't become consistent until 8ish weeks-and even then they still would come and go. So don't fret, progressing digis and no bleeding is very positive. Also-if I were you I wouldn't research mmc at all-I did out of curiosity and it just causes more worry than you already have. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->