The POAS Addiction Support Group

I'm out :witch: got me...but I should be able to test again on Valentine's day! :thumbup:

Aww boo! The :witch: sucks LOL! Got my FX for you this coming cycle though. I have them crossed for everyone that hasn't gotten their BFP yet!

Did you get a positive OPK before your bfp though?? (after you ovulated)??
I didn't take an OPK directly before my BFP. I took the OPKs and they were positive on CD15 and CD16. It was confirmed that I Ov'd on CD15 despite the positive OPK on CD16. I almost took one on CD23 (8DPO) and but ended up not. In hindsight I should have but I went to Dollar Tree and bought those to stave me off until actual testing day instead of using OPKs like I was going to.

Ok so what you mean is that I might've still ovulated on the 8th (when I first got my +OPK) ?? eventhough the next day was positive aswell ?

Really keeping everything crossed!!

Got mine crossed for you too!!!!!!!

Anyhow, it has been a long day for me ladies. Had to take my 7 year old to her neurology appointment today. Unfortunately she gets migraines, and has since she was 3. It has been quite a ride, but things are much better under control now. She gets FULL ON migraines, i.e. vomiting ALL NIGHT, the whole 9 yards. We manage them by regular neurologist appointments, and 2 different medications.

Other than that I am just flat out TIRED. I can't wait until my kids go to bed so that I can too haha! Usually I stay up late!

I hope all of you had a great day! :hugs:

Nope, not due till tuesday. Had some lower back 'cramps' aswell today, kind of like AF (got all my contractions in my back aswell when I was in labour) and had some pinchy kind of feelings in my lower stomach/uterus area aswell....

FX..... Testing again in the morning! Hopefully tonight I won't get the awful bowel cramps I had last night and I won't have to go to the toilet then, so my urine will be more concentrated....

Not decided what test I'm gonna do tomorrow though.... got an asda one, a first vue(poundland) one, and a superdrug digi and a cb digi, but I like to keep the digi's for when I get a faint positive to confirm it's actually there and I'm not making it up! haha

Yeah I've heard that the digi's aren't as sensitive as some of the other tests, so I am planning to save mine to confirm a FRET BFP when I get it.

@loveSanrio: I am at 13dpo with a standard luteal phase of 12 taken over the past year. I understand that implantation could also just have happened around 12 so it wold not be the tests fault. Can't detect HCG if the hormone isn't yet present. Debating on using the frer on 14 or at 15 dpo with my last dollar store test.

Fertility friend said it detected a triphasic shift at 9dpo so that would be implantation if it occurred right??? Or am I just crazy. Either way this calls for more stick peeing.

What is a triphasic shift? Is that what we should expect if implantation occurs...I'm new to temps and trying to understand it all

Yay my pee buddies you did not fail me! FRERs are the best tests ever, and not just because it showed a positive! Your advice on tests was golden.
CONGRATS Renaendel! Such exciting news!

What is a triphasic shift? Is that what we should expect if implantation occurs...I'm new to temps and trying to understand it all

I don't think I would expect it. According to Fertility Friend, it only happens in 12% of pregnancy charts and 4% non-pregnancy charts totaling only 16% of all charts (at least that's how I understood it when I read the details about it). Doesn't seem terribly common. It is called triphasic because there are three distinct levels of temps. Pre-Ov temps followed by a temp spike and Post-Ov temps. A chart becomes triphasic is when a woman gets another temp spike after implantation. :)

I give up..... bfn again.... AF due in 3 days!

Broke down and bought some grocery store cheapos lol. BFN as I expected, but then I am only about 6dpo. Started getting some on and off cramps/back ache this evening, and have had a tiny bit of light pink spotting, almost nothing; Only noticed because I have been wearing tampons (sorry TMI) because there is a chance the :witch: could be headed here on her broom any day. Hoping what I am feeling is implantation but I'm starting to have my doubts (currently CD 29, avg cycle around 31 days).

Hey girls! How is everyone's weekend so far? Mine has been pretty good, just kinda been hangin' out. Had to go to the grocery store earlier, and that always sucks, but other than that it has been good :) DH did the dishes for me today, so that was awesome! Oh, and I actually got some sleep last night, and was able to take my temp on time! Pretty amazing. I was pretty happy about that!

So I have a 32 day cycle, or at least that is what last cycle was...so I am going by that because I had never counted before, and I have been told that I really don't need to use my OPK's until CD 15 or so....but I have decided to start using them tomorrow ahaha! I wouldn't belong here if I was actually able to wait until CD 15 right?

LoveSanrio: Lol, if you have lots of ovulation tests might as well! You never know, you could O early or late. My cycles have mainly averaged 27-31 days, so I was told to test from CD11-19 (I buy pack of 9 FR OPKs) turns out I usually O on CD 22-23! So from one POAS addict to another, since you could very well O at any time, I'd say that's a great excuse to start testing early!! :)

Hey girls.... I need your opinion on this picture....

It's a predictor 4 days early test.... Apparently at 2 days before your period is due it gives a 100% accuracy (which I don't believe cause they can never be 100% accurate) Anyway... I was sitting waiting and then inspected it over and over and REALLY thought I could see a very very very faint line there.... Please tell me I don't have line eye...... :nope:

Attachments

• CAM00454.jpg
    CAM00454.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 17
Hmm...at first glance I don't see anything, but if I keep looking I *think* I see a super faint line. That is what I hate about looking at them online, they look so much different in person!

I put it on countdown to pregnancy aswell and got 38 positive votes and 10 negative.... And also put it in the hpt gallery here and everyone says positive, but they warned me about the false positives these tests have been known to give you.... :wacko: Think I'll test again tonight but I'll definitely test in the morning again!

Cervix is still high, soft and closed, cm has gone more creamy than sticky and just had this sharp pain in my ovary area... Sounds like good signs, but you never know :S

Ooooh, fingers crossed for you! I think I see a faint line, even on my phone, but it's hard to get a detailed look!

As for me, I had weird brown spotting last night, but no cramps. I don't even know what CD or DPO I am, as I decided just to let things happen this time around. Had several dreams about POAS last night, though!

LoveSanrio, in answer to your question, I have just turned 41. Thank you for your kind words and please keep me in your prayers...
:dust: for an anniversary bfp for you!

Oh goodness, that's not too old! A close friend of mine conceived at 41, and now has a happy and healthy 1 1/2 year old boy! She also had a girl 18 months before that!

Don't give up hope! :hugs:

:hugs: Thanks for your lovely message! I know in my heart I'm not too old but logically, I suppose you can't help but worry about the complications that come with being an older mother. But - as my friends say - complications can happen no matter what your age is. I don't look my age either, don't drink, smoke or eat meat! Maybe I'll start peeing on OPK sticks and temping and see how I feel. DH thinks we should keep trying for at least another year. He's lovely and so hopeful...

LoveSanrio, in answer to your question, I have just turned 41. Thank you for your kind words and please keep me in your prayers...

Oh goodness, that's not too old! A close friend of mine conceived at 41, and now has a happy and healthy 1 1/2 year old boy! She also had a girl 18 months before that!

:hugs: Thanks for your lovely message! I know in my heart I'm not too old but logically, I suppose you can't help but worry about the complications that come with being an older mother. But - as my friends say - complications can happen no matter what your age is. I don't look my age either, don't drink, smoke or eat meat! Maybe I'll start peeing on OPK sticks and temping and see how I feel. DH thinks we should keep trying for at least another year. He's lovely and so hopeful...

ABSOLUTELY! Complications can arise regardless of age. I had my first baby in my early 20's, and had pre eclampsia. For some reason my body doesn't handle pregnancy well, and I get pre eclampsia EVERY time I am pregnant, and last time it turned into Toxemia, and I was very ill. A friend of mine had her first baby at age 20, and it took her over a year to get preg!

I say definitely go for it with the OPK's, and temping. I like the fact that it makes you feel like you have more control over what is going on with your body ect. And I like that it helps you to learn what your body is doing at what times. Kinda gives you peace of mind.

I put it on countdown to pregnancy aswell and got 38 positive votes and 10 negative.... And also put it in the hpt gallery here and everyone says positive, but they warned me about the false positives these tests have been known to give you.... :wacko: Think I'll test again tonight but I'll definitely test in the morning again!

Cervix is still high, soft and closed, cm has gone more creamy than sticky and just had this sharp pain in my ovary area... Sounds like good signs, but you never know :S

Keeping everything crossed for you. I couldn't honestly see a line but God willing it's there. Take care and keep us posted. It's great to read happy news!! :dust:

Woot! Sounds good! All very promising signs. Looking forward to seeing your next test!

ABSOLUTELY! Complications can arise regardless of age. I had my first baby in my early 20's, and had pre eclampsia. For some reason my body doesn't handle pregnancy well, and I get pre eclampsia EVERY time I am pregnant, and last time it turned into Toxemia, and I was very ill. A friend of mine had her first baby at age 20, and it took her over a year to get preg!

I say definitely go for it with the OPK's, and temping. I like the fact that it makes you feel like you have more control over what is going on with your body ect. And I like that it helps you to learn what your body is doing at what times. Kinda gives you peace of mind.

Yes, it's important to feel in control, you're so right. I had DS in my twenties, first month of trying!, and thought I'd be able to pop one out whenever we wanted. Sadly it hasn't happened since and I have so much love to give I think I might burst...:cry: DS and DH get loads of it but I don't want to overwhelm them - lol Thank you, you've made me feel a lot better at a sad time. :hugs:

Well I am glad I can be here for you to talk to, and help you to feel better!

:hugs:

Hey girls.... I need your opinion on this picture....

It's a predictor 4 days early test.... Apparently at 2 days before your period is due it gives a 100% accuracy (which I don't believe cause they can never be 100% accurate) Anyway... I was sitting waiting and then inspected it over and over and REALLY thought I could see a very very very faint line there.... Please tell me I don't have line eye...... :nope:
with my second pregnancy I only got a second line after 24hrs! I was concerned it was an evap, but the line was coloured. I took a phot of it but you could only see it with the naked eye. I tested the next day and got a positive on a CB Digi.

Oh wow! That is cool! Goes to show that you never really know what is gonna happen! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->