The POAS Addiction Support Group

So I just took my first OPK for this cycle, and it was negative, of course. Very faint line.

It is nice to get started with this cycle though. FX!

Geeze I suck haha! So I tested this morning (about 7DPO) with FMU, didn't really see a line (thought I might have seen something at certain angles but figured I am getting line eye). Anyways about 1 1/2 hours later I, of course, went back to check, and now there is a more noticeable line, don't have to squint to really see, and looks a bit purple (like the control line does now). Not sure if it really shows up in photos or not, but may upload the pics I took originally and now. I am driving myself crazy haha. If AF doesn't show tonight I will probably test tomorrow morning too. Yikes, can you say ADDICT?!

Geeze I suck haha! So I tested this morning (about 7DPO) with FMU, didn't really see a line (thought I might have seen something at certain angles but figured I am getting line eye). Anyways about 1 1/2 hours later I, of course, went back to check, and now there is a more noticeable line, don't have to squint to really see, and looks a bit purple (like the control line does now). Not sure if it really shows up in photos or not, but may upload the pics I took originally and now. I am driving myself crazy haha. If AF doesn't show tonight I will probably test tomorrow morning too. Yikes, can you say ADDICT?!

Do it do it do it!!! Upload the pictures!! :p I want to do another test but I'm too scared it's gonna be negative.... so I'm waiting till tomorrow morning, that way I can't blame it on not being concentrated enough if it's negative.....

I made it this morning without testing! :happydance: Of the last 13 days I have tested 12 of them....
Yup, definitely an addict.
Yes! Post pictures! Addicts love seeing other people's tests too!! :thumbup:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this post for a week. It took awhile to read through it all. I'm on my second month of ttc. I am a POAS addict. I thought it was pretty hardcore until I read your stuff, no offense. But you did get me thinking about the BOAS! Talk about enabling.

It's harder for me becase my husband and I are having to use donation sperm, so higher stakes for us. Which makes me feel slightly crazier with testing. You know when you go to the dollar tree and buy all the HPT's they have in stock, you might have a real problem.

Even worse, last week I realized that our FSA card will pay for this stuff. So I shopped around the internet to find the best price on the digital stuff. Apparently TARGET is the place! I got a Clearblue Digital OPK for $35 for 20 tests and they have the digital early HPT's for cheap too! Got 10 of those, although I doubt that will be enough. However, I still have 8 dollar store tests. Do you think 20 OPK's and 18 hpt's will be enough for this cycle? I'm hoping the digital will curb my crazy because I can't stare at a line or take apart (I probably could take apart but I'm gonna tell myself that it is impossible).

I flipped out when AF came, cried and stayed in bed all day. Told DH and he cried too. I think we are beyond baby crazy. :cry:

This month I am taking BBT (although it looks all kinds of crazy, not even close any day and I take at the same time, before I get up in the morning.... ok I don't do it, DH does). I just started OPK today at CD7. My AF is crazy irregular. Last month I used the shettles calendar and that didn't work. I was OPK'ing, but I don't think I was reading the tests correctly. To make matters worse I'm pretty sure I have PCOS.

UGHHGSJDHFLSUDKFHNSHDKFHUSYFHESDH!!!!!!

So, on I go again. I was ok at CD2 when I realized I could give myself a break from the POAS crazy, but today it starts again. I'm not too anxious because I don't expect anything at this point. But I know my anxiety about this is going to start again soon.

On a side note I started a bunch of supplements too, hoping that doesn't screw up O time. :dohh:

I wanna see!

I made it this morning without testing! :happydance: Of the last 13 days I have tested 12 of them....

So here are my pics from today (wont bother with last nights because it was, and still is, stark white.

First pic was the original done @ 3 mins. Next 2 are about 1 1/2 hours after, and then I caved and broke it open lol. All the same test lol.

Anything? I can see faint line in person, but cant seem to see much in the pics. :shrug:

I may just be crazy hahaha.:dohh:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 15
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 14
  • pic34.jpg
    pic34.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 15
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
Sorry, I don't see anything in the pics... :( Hopefully there is something there though!!

Hope it's the start of a BFP! I can't see anything on my phone, though.

Welcome, baby4me2013!

I have no idea what's going on with me. I'm spotting (brown), and it isn't even near time for AF yet. Best I can tell, I probably O'd earlier this week?

Yeah I kind of figured lol.

Ugh my cousin just texted me that she got a positive test this morning. I'm pretty sure they just started trying, so I'm a wee bit jealous lol, but still incredibly excited for them!

FX for BFPs for all!!!!!

Blackrain90- I think I may see the faintest line, but I wouldn't take MY opinion on it.. my eyes seem to be the best eyes for finding any possible shade of evap!!!! I drive myself crazy lol.

GingerPanda- IB hopefully?!?! FX!!!

Taking my first OPK for this cycle when I get home from work... pretty bad i'm excited to start POAS again!!! I just want a lil baby to love so bad :/ as I know we all do. After last cycle with my super dark evaps/false positives I'm so wary of testing early this cycle and really want to hold out until AF is due.. But with my addiction... we'll see what happens lol.

Also all of your experiments with BOAS has got me thinking... LOL

OK I'm back again today. Just went to Target, bought 6 FRER's. Then I went to Walgreens. They have the monitor for $219. That's high, I'm crazy but not stupid. So I went to CVS cause they have them for $149 but don't carry in the store. UGH. With that it will track 30 days of cycle and I could still do the clearblue digi's, so that's lots of POAS. I'm really trying to be sensible but I really want to go online and spend $200 for this silly thing. Somebody stop me!

What? The cb fertility monitor? Surely you should be able to get it.cheaper? Have a look on ebay or amazon....

What? The cb fertility monitor? Surely you should be able to get it.cheaper? Have a look on ebay or amazon....

Yeah I want to use our Flex Spend acct to buy it, so i have to get it from a store. :wacko:

Word of warning to all of you. The new brand of preg tests at dollar tree are not as sensitive as the new choice. I had a pretty strong line on my frer at 14 days. The Assured test finally is giving me the smallest hint of a line at 17dpo. It has to be 50-100 mIu sensitivity.
My tests at the doctor are very good, the new brand is NOT as sensitive as the old brand was.

Word of warning to all of you. The new brand of preg tests at dollar tree are not as sensitive as the new choice. I had a pretty strong line on my frer at 14 days. The Assured test finally is giving me the smallest hint of a line at 17dpo. It has to be 50-100 mIu sensitivity.
My tests at the doctor are very good, the new brand is NOT as sensitive as the old brand was.

That's interesting. I've been able to get the New Choice at Dollar Tree but I bought all they had last week, guess that was the last of them!

My dollar tree still has the new choice opks but has moved to the assured hcg tests.

Yeah, when I went to the Dollar Tree here they still had the OPKs, but the shelf was completely empty of the HPTs. I found new choice ones in the checkout aisles but that was it. They must be making the switch here too.

Hahaha! I couldn't even begin to count how many times I have done that to myself!

Do it do it do it!!! Upload the pictures!! :p I want to do another test but I'm too scared it's gonna be negative.... so I'm waiting till tomorrow morning, that way I can't blame it on not being concentrated enough if it's negative.....

I will be checking the thread tomorrow morning then! I have been wondering how it has been going for you! FX! :hugs:

HAHAHAHA!!! GOOD JOB!!! :thumbup:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this post for a week. It took awhile to read through it all. I'm on my second month of ttc. I am a POAS addict. I thought it was pretty hardcore until I read your stuff, no offense. But you did get me thinking about the BOAS! Talk about enabling.

It's harder for me becase my husband and I are having to use donation sperm, so higher stakes for us. Which makes me feel slightly crazier with testing. You know when you go to the dollar tree and buy all the HPT's they have in stock, you might have a real problem.

Even worse, last week I realized that our FSA card will pay for this stuff. So I shopped around the internet to find the best price on the digital stuff. Apparently TARGET is the place! I got a Clearblue Digital OPK for $35 for 20 tests and they have the digital early HPT's for cheap too! Got 10 of those, although I doubt that will be enough. However, I still have 8 dollar store tests. Do you think 20 OPK's and 18 hpt's will be enough for this cycle? I'm hoping the digital will curb my crazy because I can't stare at a line or take apart (I probably could take apart but I'm gonna tell myself that it is impossible).

I flipped out when AF came, cried and stayed in bed all day. Told DH and he cried too. I think we are beyond baby crazy. :cry:

This month I am taking BBT (although it looks all kinds of crazy, not even close any day and I take at the same time, before I get up in the morning.... ok I don't do it, DH does). I just started OPK today at CD7. My AF is crazy irregular. Last month I used the shettles calendar and that didn't work. I was OPK'ing, but I don't think I was reading the tests correctly. To make matters worse I'm pretty sure I have PCOS.

UGHHGSJDHFLSUDKFHNSHDKFHUSYFHESDH!!!!!!

So, on I go again. I was ok at CD2 when I realized I could give myself a break from the POAS crazy, but today it starts again. I'm not too anxious because I don't expect anything at this point. But I know my anxiety about this is going to start again soon.

On a side note I started a bunch of supplements too, hoping that doesn't screw up O time. :dohh:

Hi! :hi: I know exactly how you are feeling...well, we probably ALL know exactly how you are feeling. Glad you decided to join us! I have found this thread in particular to b a HUGE stress reliever!

Anyhow, are you againt using the internet cheapies for tracking ovulation? I found it much easier because you get so much more nag for you buck as far as how many you get. I will be testing twice a day through my cycles, so I couldn't even imagine spending the cash in a store for the digitals that I would need to cover all that ground haha!

Hope it's the start of a BFP! I can't see anything on my phone, though.

Welcome, baby4me2013!

I have no idea what's going on with me. I'm spotting (brown), and it isn't even near time for AF yet. Best I can tell, I probably O'd earlier this week?

Very possible! FX!!

FX for BFPs for all!!!!!

Blackrain90- I think I may see the faintest line, but I wouldn't take MY opinion on it.. my eyes seem to be the best eyes for finding any possible shade of evap!!!! I drive myself crazy lol.

GingerPanda- IB hopefully?!?! FX!!!

Taking my first OPK for this cycle when I get home from work... pretty bad i'm excited to start POAS again!!! I just want a lil baby to love so bad :/ as I know we all do. After last cycle with my super dark evaps/false positives I'm so wary of testing early this cycle and really want to hold out until AF is due.. But with my addiction... we'll see what happens lol.

Also all of your experiments with BOAS has got me thinking... LOL

Hahaha! I know that feeling! I was so relieved to pee on a stick today!! :haha:

OK I'm back again today. Just went to Target, bought 6 FRER's. Then I went to Walgreens. They have the monitor for $219. That's high, I'm crazy but not stupid. So I went to CVS cause they have them for $149 but don't carry in the store. UGH. With that it will track 30 days of cycle and I could still do the clearblue digi's, so that's lots of POAS. I'm really trying to be sensible but I really want to go online and spend $200 for this silly thing. Somebody stop me!

I would check out reviews ect. for it, and decide from there :)

Thanks for the heads up!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->