The POAS Addiction Support Group

Well I won't be poas anytime soon..... cause the ugly :witch: has arrived.... :cry: Gonna miss peeing on my sticks! :haha:
Hopefully we can get back to ttc properly again soon!!

I'll probably still stick around a little, but won't be on as much! Good luck to all of you and H&H 9 months to all the :baby:ladies!!

Awwww:hugs: Don't go too far away!

BFN. Which is what I was expecting, so... Good! Hopefully this means I'm finally really on to a new cycle.

Good luck GingerPanda and Eltjuh, I'm sure you will be getting your BFP soon!!

Apparently LH and HCG chemical structures are very similar, like HCG is a mutation of the LH chemical so it still includes the LH- plus some. So your OPKs only read the LH part of the HCG structure, so it can show up positive for an OPK when pregnant. HCG however, will not show positive during ovulation (obviously) because those tests specifically look for the mutated LH form that is HCG. (I don't really think it's a 'mutation'.. just the best way I can think to describe it!!! Lol)

Got my positive OPK today :happydance: and it's way darker than any OPK I had last cycle, so i'm excited!!! Top pic is last nights OPK, bottom is this mornings :)
Yep, I think it was peeonastick.com that had the wonderful analogy that LH and hCG are identical twins except hCG is wearing a hat. :)
Those are good looking OPKs :thumbup:

Well I won't be poas anytime soon..... cause the ugly :witch: has arrived.... :cry: Gonna miss peeing on my sticks! :haha:

I'll probably still stick around a little, but won't be on as much! Good luck to all of you and H&H 9 months to all the :baby:ladies!!
I'm sorry! Hopefully you can get back to it really soon!

:( :( :( So you won't be on as much at all anymore, or just until the witch leaves? I do hope you won't be gone long! We love having you around! :hugs::hugs:

I'll be hanging around.. probably just won't have much to say haha.
Had a massive cry last night, cause realising I wasn't pregnant after all just made me think of the mc we had in october and the fact that I should've been 22 weeks along now.... and we would've found out whether it was a boy or a girl ! Just don't see why you get pregnant just to lose the baby again! It's not fair!! :cry:

I'm ok now though... just trying not to think about it too much!!

I'll be hanging around.. probably just won't have much to say haha.
Had a massive cry last night, cause realising I wasn't pregnant after all just made me think of the mc we had in october and the fact that I should've been 22 weeks along now.... and we would've found out whether it was a boy or a girl ! Just don't see why you get pregnant just to lose the baby again! It's not fair!! :cry:

I'm ok now though... just trying not to think about it too much!!

:( That can't be easy for you, and I wish that conception was a perfect process, and pregnancy was seamless so that no woman would ever have to go through something like that ever again. I am so sorry you had to experience that. :hugs:

I am glad you are feeling a bit better today though. I know it is hard, but I really think it is going to happen for you soon!

Now, I was wondering if one of my fellow POAS addicts would do me a favor and please look at my chart? I am still learning how to read it, and I had a temp dip this morning, but a definite negative OPK last night, so I am not sure what to think of it. If you can tell me anything I should know about my chart I would greatly appreciate it! :flower:

Sorry, I can't help you with the chart cause I don't do it (yet)... I've ordered a bbt thermometer though and am gonna start using it as soon as I get it. Just need to read up on it!!

Did you take you temp at a different time this morning? I notice that it's an open circle with today's temp.
Just a note too: in both the cycles that I temped and used OPKs, I confirmed Ov to happen on the same day at my first pos OPK... I don't really think it's all that common, but it can happen... See what happens with today's OPK. When do you normally do your OPK?

I posted a separate thread about BBT and OPK. I'm hoping that my online ovulation chart and OPK's are correct because my BBT is a piece! It had me all freaked out! I thought I O'ed, but OPK's didn't show and I shouldn't until next week. But all the other signs are pointing me in the right direction. CM and cerv are getting closer, and my anxiety are going with it!!

My POAS addiction had been quieted until last night. I actually took a HPT last night. A DIGITAL ONE! I'm losing my mind. I just can't help but to feel like it isn't going to happen. I feel like I am supplementing my feelings of inadequecy with POAS!

HELP!

Well ladies, I think af is due tomorrow or Sunday, and I just took a frer and :bfn: :( Pretty sure that's a confirmed negative for this cycle ...

Sorry, I can't help you with the chart cause I don't do it (yet)... I've ordered a bbt thermometer though and am gonna start using it as soon as I get it. Just need to read up on it!!

I hear ya! Even after all the reading I have done on it, sometimes I am still completely confused! I guess I will just have to get through this cycle and maybe it will look more clear!

Did you take you temp at a different time this morning? I notice that it's an open circle with today's temp.
Just a note too: in both the cycles that I temped and used OPKs, I confirmed Ov to happen on the same day at my first pos OPK... I don't really think it's all that common, but it can happen... See what happens with today's OPK. When do you normally do your OPK?

Yeah I took it a bit early, but nothing insanely early or anything. Guess I will just have to see what the temp is tomorrow morning. I guess I am weirded out because I thought I would see some progression in the line, but it has been just as light, ad there was no change. I take my OPK's twice a day. The first one usually between 11am and 2pm, and the second around 8pm. I dont hold my pee usually though, not sure if that matters. I am not drinking more than usually or anything. Today I took one after holding though, and it was negative.

I posted a separate thread about BBT and OPK. I'm hoping that my online ovulation chart and OPK's are correct because my BBT is a piece! It had me all freaked out! I thought I O'ed, but OPK's didn't show and I shouldn't until next week. But all the other signs are pointing me in the right direction. CM and cerv are getting closer, and my anxiety are going with it!!

My POAS addiction had been quieted until last night. I actually took a HPT last night. A DIGITAL ONE! I'm losing my mind. I just can't help but to feel like it isn't going to happen. I feel like I am supplementing my feelings of inadequecy with POAS!

HELP!

Yeah this BBT thing is definitely driving me insane! And I hear ya about the POAS thing as well. Sometimes I feel helpless about it all....especially in the minutes I wait for the results on an HPT.

Well ladies, I think af is due tomorrow or Sunday, and I just took a frer and :bfn: :( Pretty sure that's a confirmed negative for this cycle ...

:hugs::hugs: Sorry it was negative hun. I know how much of a letdown that can be. I hope the witch stays away and you were just early!

We are going to ttc again once my hcg levels get back to zero. I am planning on ordering a bunch of OPKs so I can test twice a day and not miss the egg.

What is your favorite most reliable brand so I can order a case?

I know a lot of people like the clearblue digi OPKs as you just get a smiley and don't have to worry about trying to determine if the test line is darker than the control line. But they're pretty pricey.

The only OPKs I've ever used are the Walgreens cheapy brand.

OOH! I got those CB digi OPK's and they are awesome. I was having trouble last month with the cheapies. This has helped to curb my POAS addiction somewhat as they are a little pricey. BUT Target has an awesome deal on them! Hands down, they are the cheapest around. I found it was worth piece of mind to just buy the good stuff and not have to worry about weather or not I was getting it wrong. Last time I was there they were $35 for the 20 pack which really isn't bad! :winkwink:

LoveSanrio: I think it's usually better to hold. Depending in the brand, most say at least a 2 hour hold while limiting fluids, mine said 4 hours (which they still worked well after a 2 hour hold but no fluids for about 3 hours). The more concentrated your urine the better the result. Also, if they go back to stark white negative, either you missed the surge, your personal positive might be technically a negative, or you are Oving later than normal. Your temp will be able to verify. Taking your temp early probably did contribute a little bit to the lower temp too. This cycle I had a minor temp dip two days before Ov.

I have heard the digi ones are well worth the cost for not having to do all that guess work. Which sounds to me well worth it. I used the Answer brand POAS ones that worked well for me.

Sorry Hun, still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM, I have had 8 positive ic's and 2 positive FRER, went to doc today and his urine test was negative!!!!! I'm currently waiting to have blood work done, but won't find out results till Monday. There is no way I'm NOT pregnant though. Haven't had any bleeding, have had numerous pregnancy symptoms, and a lot of very clear BFP's. Plus I'm about 4 days late for AF and am 12DPO which is my longest LP ever. So why am I still so nervous???

Sorry Hun, still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM, I have had 8 positive ic's and 2 positive FRER, went to doc today and his urine test was negative!!!!! I'm currently waiting to have blood work done, but won't find out results till Monday. There is no way I'm NOT pregnant though. Haven't had any bleeding, have had numerous pregnancy symptoms, and a lot of very clear BFP's. Plus I'm about 4 days late for AF and am 12DPO which is my longest LP ever. So why am I still so nervous???

Hey ... That's what happened to me when I was preg in November ... 2 positive frer and a cb digi but the doctors was negative ... I've heard theirs aren't very sensitive ... How dark are your lines? Here's my tests from November when I was still getting negatives at the doctor ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7

Hmmm, interesting and I can see why you would be nervous...you want the doc's test to be as blaring as yours! Don't have any advice, Just sending lots of hugs, love, and baby dust your way hun :hugs::dust::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->