The POAS Addiction Support Group

I wanted to test again today so bad, but I didn't.
I'm so down and depressed today, stressing and worried that I won't ever get a positive test and a bundle of joy.

Pah..

Good luck to everybody, I plan on testing again on the 10 th

Well done for not testing. Stay strong.

Try not to stress to much. It'll happen for you. :hugs:

Thank you guys so much! I would quote you all, but it would be impossible. I am so happy to have you girls around to talk to. It really does make the whole thing so much easier to deal with. And for all of you that either tested and got a BFN, are anxiously waiting to test, or might just have a BFP :happydance: I hope it happens for all of you! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

So I need a BBT thermometer. I am guessing I can get one on amazon perhaps? I will have to look into that, like...now LOL! I do have a question though. Does it matter what day you start temping? I will order a thermometer (or maybe buy one at walgreens or something) but the witch may be here soon and I am afraid I won't have it on CD1, so would that be an issue if I couldn't start temping on CD1?

I have had a few charts where I didn't temp properly until about day 8 or 9 lol. I was still able to see the thermal shift to detect ovulation. :)

And they DO sell BBT thermometers at Walgreens by the pregnancy tests. :thumbup:

I don't know for sure, but I have heard some bad reviews of the BBTs from Walgreens? :shrug: I use the Target brand and have been unsure about it. I picked up a BBT from CVS, as I've read some pretty good reviews on it for the most part. If I don't get a BFP this cycle, I'll be switching.
Some women don't start temping until after AF is over, others temp the entire cycle. The one thing to remember is that whatever thermometer you are using is the one you should use for the whole cycle (whether you temp the whole thing or only a part of it) and the same time every morning, and the same place (orally or vaginally).

Okay, thanks everyone! I have a CVS and Walgreens right down the road, so I am going to run to those places and check them out. I'm going to put a notebook and pen next to my bed, that way I can write it down, otherwise I will forget what it is!

I did wonder about something though. I read that you take your temp at the same time every morning before doing anything whatsoever, right? I use a down comforter in bed, and it keeps me very warm. Will that not effect what my temp is if I am covered up? I know that might sound like a weird question, but I remember when my daughter was very sick and had a high temp, I had to uncover her for 10 minutes and take her temp because it was so high that it was important that it was completely accurate. That was what the pediatrician told me to do while I was on the phone with him.

In my opinion, I would think that your temp would be alright as long as the blanket is a consistent thing. If you use it every night for the whole cycle, then you should still get an accurate reading as long as you are doing it correctly. :thumbup:

In my opinion, I would think that your temp would be alright as long as the blanket is a consistent thing. If you use it every night for the whole cycle, then you should still get an accurate reading as long as you are doing it correctly. :thumbup:

Cool, thanks! :thumbup:

Well, guess I will start researching as much as I can on temping, and grab a BBT thermometer! The kids and I are sitting here watching The Aristocats :)
Gotta love this movie! <3

I love that movie too! I'm currently watching Veggie Tales, Saint Nicholas: The Story of Joyful Giving for the 4th time today! She loves it, and it's one that I'm okay with her watching. Almost all of our Disney movies (including the Aristocats) are on VHS. The only VHS player we have is downstairs in her playroom, but it's so cold down there and we haven't been able to get a space heater just yet so we watch the same DVDs over and over and over. Haha!

So I went to the Dollar Tree today and picked up 5 $1 pregnancy tests.... My urge to test is so strong and I'm not going to make it until Thursday (let alone Friday!) so I thought I would just get it out of my system with the cheap dollar store ones.... hahaha! :wacko:

I love that movie too! I'm currently watching Veggie Tales, Saint Nicholas: The Story of Joyful Giving for the 4th time today! She loves it, and it's one that I'm okay with her watching. Almost all of our Disney movies (including the Aristocats) are on VHS. The only VHS player we have is downstairs in her playroom, but it's so cold down there and we haven't been able to get a space heater just yet so we watch the same DVDs over and over and over. Haha!

So I went to the Dollar Tree today and picked up 5 $1 pregnancy tests.... My urge to test is so strong and I'm not going to make it until Thursday (let alone Friday!) so I thought I would just get it out of my system with the cheap dollar store ones.... hahaha! :wacko:

We have Netflix (although I collect DVD's and have over 1,000, some of which are kids, and Disney movies), and I can't even begin to tell you how many episodes of Spongebob I watch a day. It is all about Spongebob in this house!

So when are ya planning to test? With my last daughter I got a BFP on the Dollar Store tests before a FRER would show up BFP! It was pretty crazy!

Wow, this thread has really expanded since I last posted! I woke up this morning and had nothing to pee on but old tests-I was dying! Finally at 4 DH let me go to walmart and I got some FRER. I'm trying to hold it until 8 (1.5 more hrs) to pee (again) I swear if the new hpts don't come soon I might go crazy!

We have Netflix (although I collect DVD's and have over 1,000, some of which are kids, and Disney movies), and I can't even begin to tell you how many episodes of Spongebob I watch a day. It is all about Spongebob in this house!

So when are ya planning to test? With my last daughter I got a BFP on the Dollar Store tests before a FRER would show up BFP! It was pretty crazy!

Oh yeah! Spongebob is my DD's favorite. She also likes Yo Gabba Gabba.... :dohh: I like it when we have "off" days where we watch something different than Spongebob. I feel you on the countless episodes of Spongebob thing! (We watch it on Nickelodeon and then usually put in a DVD when something else comes on.... )

I will probably take a test tomorrow morning, just because I'm antsy. I'm only 6DPO tomorrow (and 4-5 days before my AF is supposed to show, I have a little bit of a short LP) but....must....take.....test!! :rofl:
I have 3 FRERs and 1 Equate brand Pregnancy Test. So I have a total of 9 tests sitting in my closet calling my name! :haha:

GRRR! Just did yet another test, and it was BFN, so I flipped it off. I hate this!

I emptied my guest bathroom trash today..which is where I take my tests because it has a can with a lid on it..and hubby won't look in there lol I swear I alone keep the pregnancy test companies in business. I counted at least 50 just in that trash can. (Mostly dollar general cheapies, but STILL!!)

I am so glad I have this thread and am not alone lol I even had to show the husband that I'm not the only one that does this because he was worried about me.

GRRR! Just did yet another test, and it was BFN, so I flipped it off. I hate this!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I laughed so hard!! I feel ya on that one though! It can be so frustrating!!

I emptied my guest bathroom trash today..which is where I take my tests because it has a can with a lid on it..and hubby won't look in there lol I swear I alone keep the pregnancy test companies in business. I counted at least 50 just in that trash can. (Mostly dollar general cheapies, but STILL!!)

I am so glad I have this thread and am not alone lol I even had to show the husband that I'm not the only one that does this because he was worried about me.

Hahahaha!!! Tell him we said hi!! My husband just kinda stays outta my way, and let's me go about my business...but I know what he is thinking! LOL!!

[/QUOTE]Oh yeah! Spongebob is my DD's favorite. She also likes Yo Gabba Gabba.... :dohh: I like it when we have "off" days where we watch something different than Spongebob. I feel you on the countless episodes of Spongebob thing! (We watch it on Nickelodeon and then usually put in a DVD when something else comes on.... )

I will probably take a test tomorrow morning, just because I'm antsy. I'm only 6DPO tomorrow (and 4-5 days before my AF is supposed to show, I have a little bit of a short LP) but....must....take.....test!! :rofl:
I have 3 FRERs and 1 Equate brand Pregnancy Test. So I have a total of 9 tests sitting in my closet calling my name! :haha:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I hear ya! Do you not keep the IC around to pee on? I swear those things have been awesome so far. I took 4 last night without any guilt whatsoever....although now that I have said that out loud I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing...?? :wacko:

EDIT- Adopim...not sure why it didn't work when I quoted you??? Weirdness!

Haha, definitely not alone! I scolded my DH for keeping the laptop on his lap, I left the room, and came back he graciously moved it from his lap. I told him that I was sorry I was so crazy. He said "Honey, you're going to be crazy until you get pregnant.... and probably after too." With a smile... But it's true, I probably will be a bit crazy until I get my BFP...

Yup, I've tossed them across the room before... luckily only the ones that have covers for the end.... :dohh:

:rofl: I hear ya! Do you not keep the IC around to pee on? I swear those things have been awesome so far. I took 4 last night without any guilt whatsoever....although now that I have said that out loud I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing...?? :wacko:

I just bought 5 Dollar Tree ones to keep here. I haven't ordered any IC, but I may have to at some point.... except I'm going to get my BFP this cycle, right?? *positive attitude speaking* :haha:

Haha, definitely not alone! I scolded my DH for keeping the laptop on his lap, I left the room, and came back he graciously moved it from his lap. I told him that I was sorry I was so crazy. He said "Honey, you're going to be crazy until you get pregnant.... and probably after too." With a smile... But it's true, I probably will be a bit crazy until I get my BFP...

Yup, I've tossed them across the room before... luckily only the ones that have covers for the end.... :dohh:

I just bought 5 Dollar Tree ones to keep here. I haven't ordered any IC, but I may have to at some point.... except I'm going to get my BFP this cycle, right?? *positive attitude speaking* :haha:

Hahahaha!!! EXACTLY!!!! :thumbup:

what makes my addiction worse? DH had the ole V done around our son's first birthday. I had a chemical pregnancy in Oct which made me have baby fever (I was always on the fence about wanting more, but he was very sure he was done). I have learned baby fever = herpes. IT NEVER GOES AWAY!

Everyone knows about the 50 pack of wondfo PG tests at amazon for 15 bucks right? If you have prime shipping through amazon you get them in 2 days via fed ex...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->