• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The super hot vintage ladies 2WW thread!

Ready! I made beef stew in the crock pot! It smells divine. That's the problem with crock pots. It smells so delicious for hours you, but you have to wait for hours to eat it!

Ready! I made beef stew in the crock pot! It smells divine. That's the problem with crock pots. It smells so delicious for hours you, but you have to wait for hours to eat it!

How did you make it?

I'm making salmon for dinner tonight!
My 6y/o actually requested it. It is marinated and baked in a brown sugar/soy/lemon juice mix. Super yummy!!

Also, cauliflower and a mixed green salad.

For me, salmon is about a bad a food gets, lol. My DH loves it....

It's covered and cooked in brown sugar. That's rather difficult to screw up, lol.

How did you make it?

1-2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1.5 inch chunks.
2 carrots, cut into same size or slightly larger chunks. (If using baby carrots, I would put them in whole).
a couple of potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 diced onion
1 can beef broth
2 tsp beef boullion, or to taste

Cover and cook on low for 6ish hours.

turn to high. mix 2T corn starch with 2T water and mix into stew to thicken. cook for 30 minutes. may need to add more boullion after cornstarch.

Ingredients

1 lb cubed beef stew meat

1 c frozen corn
1 c frozen peas
1 lb green beans
3 potatoes, diced
2 tomatoes, diced

1 (1.25 ounce) package onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
2 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
2 t paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Place everything into the slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook on LOW for at least 8 hours.

I did a variation of this recipe. I like more seasoning and more kick than most.

https://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j456/Indigo77/22855a0f.jpg

As I have just finished kids home works I am ordering pizza ,it's buy one get one free night :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I love pizza night Despie.

I work tomorrow until 4, and it will be pizza night for us as well.

I did pizza on Tuesday, Chinese last night, and tonight I see fried chicken in my future, lol.

Dh Insists he has a home cooked dinner at least four nights a week ,so I take two nights off during the week and Saturday ,it's not too bad ,I love ordering takeaway ,no mess to clean and no dinner to cook ,:happydance:

You guys are making me so hungry! I had my second boot camp session last night - OMG I could hardly move anything when I got up this morning! I also spent most of the night awake starving hungry as I felt so sick when I got in from it I didn't eat anything.... beef stew sounds pretty good about now (even for breakfast!)

I had spag bol - SW friendly and yummy if I do say so myself.

Then I had to race up to the airport to collect DH :happydance::happydance: who came home and went straight to bed :dohh:

Then I had to race up to the airport to collect DH :happydance::happydance: who came home and went straight to bed :dohh:

I know several of us have made tha recipe! Lol

It's very good, but I do add wine to mine! :haha:

I know several of us have made tha recipe! Lol

It's very good, but I do add wine to mine! :haha:

If I opened the wine for the spag bol, the rest would have to go in a (large) glass (which wouldn't be too SW friendly :haha:)

Speaking of :wine: I'm heading on my holipops on Wednesday, when I'll be about 9 DPO. Do you think I just assume AF will be on her way and have a glass or two, or do I not risk it (even on holiday) just in case??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->