The TTCers

Hi Everyone,

My name is Alyce or Aly, Im 21 and from Australia. Recently started TTC for the past two months now. Im not all up with the pregnancy lingo so you'll have to excuse me if I dont use abbreviations! :p And if anyone could help me out on that, that would be awesome!
I'm currently am at 2 and a half days post ovulation and have been getting nauseous but Im trying not to get my hopes up as I'm just starting the two week wait which seemed to go on forever last month! And I think my partner is already sick of me saying maybe I'm pregnant! haha :dohh:
Id really like to chat and talk to anyone, I'm always up for making new friends so please say hi! :flower:

Tsy--Sorry about the cramps. Hot water bottle indeed.

Halliwell/Aly-- Welcome. Don't worry about the lingo. There is an abbreviations help tip in the forum if you ever get lost or just ask. :hugs:

Thanks! Yeah the more I read the more I seem to pick up on a lot of things! Thanks for the tips!! :)

So I just realized that neither of my links were working. They are fixed now.

I'm resolved on 2 things. Getting my sister out by Halloween. And seeking Dr help should there be no bfp by the new year. So that's 4 more cycles approximately. So by 12 months or cycle 14 I think that's fair.

And welcome Halliwell. The two week wait (tww) is the longest 2 weeks for some. Good luck and fingers crossed (fx) for you.

Welcome Aly! my bf is the same. he always says to wait till AF is late to test but i cant lol. im def turning into a poas addict. tested this morning and got bfn but i am only 9dpo (i think) so not too upset by it. i knoew it was a long shot lol but i cant help myself!!!

Thanks tsyhanochka, Beads and Nic18 :D

I keep checking the date on my phone and calender just wishing it would be early enough for me to try yet!! I started having cramps really early this morning.. and so being me had to google it! and now im trying to ignore the thoughts that it could be implantation so I dont get my hopes up!!!

Im so glad I found this website and lovely girls like you to chat too! My partner is happier too!! and I guess I feel a little saner. What are your stories? feel free to add me :)

Tsy - - The Rosh Hashana food was awesome ;-D
Good luck on your two resolutions! I'm also going to seek help if we have no bfp by the new year. We decided that when we first started. Our anniversary is Jan 2nd, so it'll be exactly a year since we started trying then.

cntrygrl - - I've used OPKs before, although it was a couple of months ago. I've ordered a BBT thermometer now, which I'm hoping will arrive early next week, so if this month isn't my month, I'm going to start charting properly starting next month, and I'll see if maybe I'm wrong about when I've been ovulating.
I'm fairly certain I know when it is though, based on the EWCM, which is always very plentiful between CD17-20 usually.

I've been reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wexschler (I'm also curious to hear your opinions of it, if any of you have read it), and it's given me a few interesting insights which I wasn't so aware of before.

Aly, welcome!!
You'll be up to date with the pregnancy and TTC lingo in no time. I basically read through as much as possible of that abbreviations thread when I joined in August, and I had most of it figured out in a couple of weeks :)
I know how you feel about the website keeping you saner... I was going crazy til I found it, but now it's so much easier because I have people who get what I'm going through, and how I'm feeling.
I'm pretty sure my DH feels better as well knowing that I have someone I can really talk to.

BTW, ladies, did you notice that Wobbles has added a sticky thread which is going to be opened soon as a vent thread? It's awesome!

I didn't see that. That will be cool as long as it doesn't get shutdown again. I'm home today with a horrible sinus headache. I'm watching Baby Story on TLC and sipping some tea.

I didn't see that. That will be cool as long as it doesn't get shutdown again. I'm home today with a horrible sinus headache. I'm watching Baby Story on TLC and sipping some tea.

I think the idea is that it's a moderated vent thread, and probably it will periodically get shut down, and a new one will be opened each time it's shut down. Also, that way, if people don't want to see a vent or are worried about problematic triggers, they can just avoid it. (Not that they couldn't anyway, but still).

I agree with yoshy, I think the moderated vent thread is a good idea. Although, I still don't think it can ever be avoided upsetting people. Because they'll still go on there and look, or take it the wrong way.
Maybe it would be better to have a opt in forum section, y'know, like the mens/girls sancturies thingys?

I agree with yoshy, I think the moderated vent thread is a good idea. Although, I still don't think it can ever be avoided upsetting people. Because they'll still go on there and look, or take it the wrong way.
Maybe it would be better to have a opt in forum section, y'know, like the mens/girls sancturies thingys?

That's a pretty good idea... maybe we should suggest it to Wobbles...

Well. Had a chat with my sister last night. She's on track to be out next month. Maybe my stress level will go down and good things will happen!
I am drinking some raspberry leaf tea this cycle to see if it helps me any. I think I'm not bleeding enough maybe its stress maybe its not. We'll see. And taking some omegas as well. Can't hurt too much right?
Opks will be this month as well. Here's hoping!

Found out another friend of ours is expecting. 9 weeks to go actually now. So that's 4 before new year and 5 in 6 months if you count our friend who delivered in june. I might have had a little sob to myself just now. How so.e women go longer than a year or a lifetime without losing their minds amazes me. They have my respect that's for sure. I've only been trying 9 months so I know its really not so bad yet....but it hurts all the while.
I'd cheat and drink some beer if my sister were not here.
Need my BFFs and a pub night for sure! Thanks for being the stand in sounding board ladies. I'm so thankful for you all.

I know how you feel hun. I have 5 due in 2 months and its just not fair seeing as 2 were not even planned! But I grin and bear it hoping my BFP will come! I would come pub with you too if I could!

I've had a friend & a relative deliver in August, a cousin deliver yesterday, another friend having twin girls which was an oops, and another friend due for a girl that was an oops. It's very frustrating.... I may go postal... :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->