The Tucker's Adoption Journey

Congrats!!!

We have panel next wednesday. Bricking it!

Eek! It'll be fine Hun! Honestly, ours was so easy this time it was unreal. We were still nervous but it was fine. Just remember, your Sw wouldn't take you to panel if they weren't confident you would be approved! X

Yay - good luck, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine! :)

I'm doing something a little different next Wednesday. I'm volunteering and helping out with the kitting out Team GB athletes for the Rio Olympics. I'm excited - hoping to meet some superstars! On my day I have athletics canoeing and track cycling so there should definitely be people I know.

Hi everyone - hope you are all well. We had a lovely week in Corfu last week so back to the crushing reality of work and the British weather!

After our application was put on hold back in March, we are now back in action. We have received our paperwork for DBS checks and medicals, and our referees have got their questionnaire to fill in. Want to make sure all this paperwork side of things is sorted before we do the prep groups in September. Excited to be finally back on track!

Ah that's fab Hun!
Our Sw visited yesterday. We *may* have a potential link! She received details of a child so has sent all our details to their Sw and family finder. She didn't want to tell us anything but said child has just turned one (June) and accidentally let gender slip 'she turned one' :haha:
Trying to not get ahead of ourselves but I'm a bit excited lol. No background info other than told it's quite a simple history. We'll see! Ideally we would have loved a younger child, however we know we were very lucky how young E was on placement!
We'll see.... The idea of a girl has excited me, and made me realise perhaps although I've never really said it, I'd love a daughter!
So now we have an anxious wait to see what happens... Hate this part of the process! Lol

Oh dream how exciting! It must be impossible to not let thoughts run away with you, that will be so quick if it is a match! Keep us posted!

HI all, glad to hear it is going well for you.

WE have been matched with a little girl just 2 weeks after being approved and hoping to have her home by the end of September.

very excited!!

Eek! That is so exciting Hun!! How old is your little lady? X

This is amazing news :) congratulations

Hope the next stage all goes smoothly for you

She is 9 months. Will hopefully be home a week or so before her first birthday.

We've had the child's CPR today. She is adorable! Managed to get a meeting with her Sw this Wednesday!

YEY!! Very exciting! We are seeing lo SW this Thursday. Is there anything we should be asking?

Read through the CPR and jot down any questions.we have literally pulled the report apart to look for anything that isn't quite 100% clear. We are very undecided at the moment regarding this child, think it's because we have our LO to think about. Last time it was just us and much easier!!! We have about 20 questions to ask sw! :haha:
They vary from simple questions about spelling of her name (2 variations in report!) to questions about parents histories and letterbox contact.
Hoping they have a dvd with them today to bring her to life for us X

Okay thanks. We only really have one question so far. It seems a fairly straight forward case and our social workers went through everything with us too.

Ah that's good.
Just consider how long the sw has been their sw, any health issues in extended family etc.

This child is fairly simple but I'm a worrier and think when you already have a child it's taking into account their needs too. A big plus with this child is their background is similar to our lo and their are no siblings to consider, just like our LO.
Think I'm just more nervous this time as I see little issues and quirks our lo has and he was the simplest case ever, so I probably dramatise things in my head :haha:
Will feel much better tonight I hope lol. Had a good chat with my step sister who is a foster carer and she's alleviated a lot of my worries, so we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hds13
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->