The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Thanks for checking my thread Tally!!! I will update the thread if anything interesting develops meanwhile!!! :flower:

This may be TMI - but I have a BIG grin going on ... Hubby and I couldn't resist and purchased a super duper microscope.

I can confirm that the VR has been a success based on lots and lots of busy little swimmers we spotted lol. I don't know a great deal about counts, morphology and motility so it's not "scientific standards" but there seemed to be lots of normal looking (1 head, 1 tail), forward moving sperm that actually looked like they had somewhere / something to do. I'm hoping this is a good sign for our first proper SA in 2 months time.

I'm just relieved that the tubes are obviously open and functional .... and it only takes 1 swimmer!

Hey thats great!! Wow how cook that must be to see it all yourself, seeing them all swimming away!! How fascinating!! I'm intrigued!! It def does only take one so good luck honey!! :thumbup: xx

Heya! How's everyone doing?

I've just had the horrible realisation that OH's birthday do on Friday... I'm gonna be either premenstrual or just on! :wacko: There's no way we're pg this month anyway, not the way things have worked out. I just know that meeting a load of his work ppl and friends, plus having his old friend wife and kids to stay for the weekend just makes this AF baaadly timed. I wanted to go out looking gorgeous cos I never go out much and I'm gonna end up a bloated PMS monster :wacko:

Sorry for the rant!!

Just wanted to say: Dr. Dawson in Hartlepoole rocks!

He did hubby's VR in February and we were about to go for a SA, but were surprised today by a :bfp:

FYI: we are almost 39 and DH's VR was 6 years ago.

He did hubby's VR in February and we were about to go for a SA, but were surprised today by a :bfp:

CONGRATS ChrissiK on your :bfp:!! You give us all hope!! :hugs: H & H 9 months!

:wohoo: :wohoo:CONGRATULATIONS TO :wohoo: :wohoo:
ChrissiK
on her :bfp:
5 months after VR
A huge congratulations to you from all the VR WaGs!! :flower:
VR Feb 2011 :bfp: 11/7/11

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/congrats-2.png

Heya! How's everyone doing?

I've just had the horrible realisation that OH's birthday do on Friday... I'm gonna be either premenstrual or just on! :wacko: There's no way we're pg this month anyway, not the way things have worked out. I just know that meeting a load of his work ppl and friends, plus having his old friend wife and kids to stay for the weekend just makes this AF baaadly timed. I wanted to go out looking gorgeous cos I never go out much and I'm gonna end up a bloated PMS monster :wacko:

Sorry for the rant!!

Happy Birthday to your OH!!!:winkwink: I hate getting my AF to, it always comes at the worst possible times of the month. Hopefully AF will stay away this cycle and you will get your BFP...You never know, many girls get their BFP's when they least expect it!!! :af::af::af: Do you know what gift you are going to get him for his birthday? If AF does come than try to find a cute outfit that hides AF bloat and take some PMS meds!!! I always take extra strength tylenol and that seems to take away my terrible AF cramps. Regardless of what happens, I hope you enjoy yourself and that OH has a wonderful birthday!! :thumbup:

:wohoo: :wohoo:CONGRATULATIONS TO :wohoo: :wohoo:
ChrissiK
on her :bfp:
5 months after VR
A huge congratulations to you from all the VR WaGs!! :flower:
VR Feb 2011 :bfp: 11/7/11

Thats brill news... Congratulations h&h 9 mths xxxx

Pop on over to the pregnancy after vr wags club and say hi .. i'll add you to the front page!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...vasectomy-reversal-club-aka-vr-bump-wags.html

Just found out Dans apt wont be til october and thats just the consult. The reversal wont be for 2-4 months after that bringing us to like february next year meaning I wont be able to get pg for at least another year. I am crushed and feel like not even bothering... :cry:

I hate my life right now :cry:

ChrissiK You are so right Dr Dawson rocks I told you you would be next with his skill!!!! my hubby had his reversal in feb too and we are 7 weeks preg, congratulations honey xxxxx

Congratulations ChrissiK!! :happydance:

wannabeprego, I'm getting him a Kindle reader :) I saw him when his friend was showing him his new one so that's what he's getting! He better like it :haha: Yea I'm gonna be on a multitude of tablets tbh, I usually dose up on strong prescription painkillers as well as colofac cos my IBS is horribly worse around AF too, the cramps just roll up into megacramps :wacko: WHatever way it goes (not preg this month I'm certain) I will have to take it easy on the :wine: at the party, as it's not a good idea to be drinking alcohol on those painkillers anyway.

kiki04, big :hugs: hon, that seems so far off just now but you'll get there! Where is it he's going for it again, is there any reason his consultation has to be that far ahead... and the actual op as well that's quite a long gap. Is there no way of trying to bring things forward hon? :hugs: Waiting is horrid at the best of times

xx

just wanted to say: Dr. Dawson in hartlepoole rocks!

He did hubby's vr in february and we were about to go for a sa, but were surprised today by a :bfp:

Fyi: We are almost 39 and dh's vr was 6 years ago.

congratulations honey xxxx

Thank you tallybee and live_in_hope, I will keep this thread on my subscribed list and update you if we come to the decision to have the reversal. This website is so good for sharing stories and experiences. Thank you for your advice :hugs: xxxx

Good morning girls :flower:

After thinking long and hard, I spoke to my OH yesterday and we agreed to go for a consultation for his VR sooner rather than later :happydance:

Going for it now is not ideal (not the best time financially - but when is?!). I would rather have the shock of getting pregnant earlier than was ideal (whilst NTNP) than having it done when we were 'ready' (say in 2 years time) and being under pressure to TTC. Hope that makes sense!

I'm over the moon! :dance:

OH's GP recommended a urologist at a private clinic near us which potentially he will be able to claim the consultation fee back on his private health policy and we'll take it from there.

Thank you for your support and advice, will keep you posted! :hugs:

xxxx

Thank you tallybee and live_in_hope, I will keep this thread on my subscribed list and update you if we come to the decision to have the reversal. This website is so good for sharing stories and experiences. Thank you for your advice :hugs: xxxx

After thinking long and hard, I spoke to my OH yesterday and we agreed to go for a consultation for his VR sooner rather than later :happydance:

Going for it now is not ideal (not the best time financially - but when is?!). I would rather have the shock of getting pregnant earlier than was ideal (whilst NTNP) than having it done when we were 'ready' (say in 2 years time) and being under pressure to TTC. Hope that makes sense!

OH's GP recommended a urologist at a private clinic near us which potentially he will be able to claim the consultation fee back on his private health policy and we'll take it from there.

xxxx

Further update.... OH has been doing lots of ringing round this morning.... :happydance:

Consultation fee is £150-£200 depending who we see and his insurance policy will re-pay 75% of it which is good. They've said the procedure will then be £2065 on top of that. With general anaestetic, most people have it done in the morning and leave in the evening. They offered us an appointment for a week on Thursday and the likelihood that the op itself could be done almost immediately afterwards.

Does this sound like other people's experiences?

I appreciate your help :hugs: xxxx

We paid 200 pounds for the consultation, which was taken off the total balance, 3000 pounds (gulp!). This was Dr. Dawson in Hartlepoole. However, my BFP yesterday made it all worthwhile. This child will therefore have used clothes, furniture & pram, but it will be very loved!

We paid 200 pounds for the consultation, which was taken off the total balance, 3000 pounds (gulp!). This was Dr. Dawson in Hartlepoole. However, my BFP yesterday made it all worthwhile. This child will therefore have used clothes, furniture & pram, but it will be very loved!

Thank you ChrissiK and huuuge congratulations on your :bfp: !! :hugs: xxxx

Jungleland, yeh that totally makes sense - that's how we went about it too really, and over a year (well u can see in my siggy how long it's been since the VR :D) it's not happened yet anyway so there we are.

What you said about the consultation/op sounds pretty similar to our experience too, we waited a bit longer but that was through OH's choice to make sure he got the following week off work rather than a waiting list or anything. (they say most can be back at work after a couple of days unless it's a physical job, but OH wanted extra anyway)

Good luck!

x

xxxx

Hey! :wave:

I'm glad you've made a decision to do it!! :dance: As for the process etc, we had our consultation the same day as the op!! If we wanted a separate consultation, we would have had to pay an extra £250 but if we had it on the day of the op it was included in the price which was £1989. We had already decided we wanted Dr.Harriss to do it so thought it made sense and the receptionist said that that was what most people did so we did it all in the same day. It was a long day for us and Hubby stayed over too, but they took good care of him.......after they cut his balls open that is!! :haha: lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->